Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Simpsons Movie To Feature Full Frontal Nudity! (may get R-Rating!)

Slaggis

Bart Simpson Streaks Into Theaters

Simpsons movie to feature full frontal nudity.

by Stax

US, April 24, 2007 - Well, it looks like somebody finally ate his shorts. Bart Simpson will reportedly appear stark naked in this summer's The Simpsons Movie. The TV toon icon will give Daniel Radcliffe a run for his money by engaging in full frontal male nudity (albeit in animated form) for the movie.

According to Newsweek.com, the full monty moment occurs "when the animated 10-year-old takes a dare from his goofball father, Homer, to skateboard naked through the streets of Springfield. Hidden by plants and picket fences, he whizzes along, past kids, down hills, through traffic lights, until, in one shocking moment, little Bart flashes his little part to the entire world. Which may make this the first Hollywood film to show that kind of skin and to escape an R rating."

Series creator Matt Groening said the film will not be about Bart losing his virginity. "It's an epic story, but at the heart it's about the family staying together," Groening told the magazine. "And, as anyone could predict, Homer causes a great deal of havoc. We just raised the stakes. He can ruin the planet this time, not just Springfield."

The series' executive producer James L. Brooks said of Albert Brooks' role as the movie's antagonist, "Well, I'm not sure I'd call him a 'villain.' He functions as someone who wants to bring an end to the world, yeah, but ... "

So there you go, the simpsons movie may get an R rating. (i.e 15 over here)

That could loose them some buisness surely?

Guest Jordan

The Simpsons has always been more tailored for teenage to thirties. Come on, the jokes are hardly meant for kids!

You know they'll be some sort of uproar in america between avid christians about this. Its gonna happen, then, everyone will wanna see the movie because of the hype, kinda like manhunt.

Bu i am gonna see it anyway, looks awesome. The full length trailer rocks

The Simpsons has always been more tailored for teenage to thirties. Come on, the jokes are hardly meant for kids!

No, I think you're missing what made the Simpsons so great in the first place. It's a show that can be enjoyed by anyone, young and old. There are some more adult jokes, but they're usually pretty subtle, and there are also some more obvious ones that kids laugh at too. There are so many levels of humour, from the crude to the intelligent, from the risque to the childish. I certainly enjoyed watching the show when I was growing up, and I still enjoy it now, as do my parents and even my grandparents.

They've done a lot to ruin this brilliance in recent years, and it's sad to see. Making a film that only adults can see is, as far as I'm concerned, pissing all over its rich heritage and as a long time fan I'm pretty angry that they're doing this :(. Hopefully this isn't true though and the 'nudity' is nothing more graphic than we're already used to.

It's mainly for kids, IMO...it's just so dull for me to watch now. I'm too old for The Simpsons.

I don't see the point. It's sometimes better to leave things suggestive. There was an episodes aaaages ago where Homer and Marge were naked, but were covered by Birdshouses and a bush. That was funny. Showing Bart's manhood isn't.

It's not exactly shocking either, especially in this day and age. Keep it sacred, ffs.

the simpsons used to be clever (the intertextual references and wit), original (groundbreaking storylines for a cartoon) and at times hilarious (frank grimes episode), but always funny at the very least... i wud say the last 4 years or so the show has been horrible in comparison to what it once was... nowadays it jus consists of a celebrity guest and a unfunny show tailored around them... they over used homer and have neglected the other characters that combined to make the show so funny... simpsons definetly fell off, they truely need to pull off something special for this movie to be good imo...

No offence but as a wise man said cartoons aren't meant to be clever. Like Family Guy is the poor mans simpsons.

And south park has funny storylines but I laugh at more of the jokes in the simposns than in the south park.

Oh and homer is the main character. Same with in south park cartman is the main character.

No offence but as a wise man said cartoons aren't meant to be clever. Like Family Guy is the poor mans simpsons.

Which wise man was that? Cartoons like The Simpsons are at they're best when the jokes are really clever.