Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Harvest Moon Magical Melody

Retro_Link

Harvest Moon Magical Melody, the second Harvest Moon on Gamecube after A Wonderful Life, didn't make it to Europe, but that looks set to change,

harvest-moon-magical-melody-20051130041035376.jpg

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7346/1/Magical_Melody_Coming_to_Europe_on_Wii!

Nintendo News | Magical Melody Coming to Europe on Wii!

In what may come as quite a surprise to many, a very pleasant one at that, Rising Star Games has revealed plans to bring the highly anticipated Harvest Moon Magical Melody on the GameCube to Europe...but promoted as a Wii game! This is an approach Nintendo took with the WarioWare team's Rhythm Tengoku on GBA in Japan, marketing it in a DS box to help sales and it is an idea that many people have discussed in the past, but never thought would occur. Now, though, Yasuhiro Wada himself (development director at Marvelous Interactive and the father of Harvest Moon) has spoken openly about plans for Magical Melody, which has been delayed several times, to come out as a Wii game. Below is the snippet from Eurogamer's chat with him:

Eurogamer: What's the next Harvest Moon game in store for us?

Yasuhiro Wada: We are working on a European version of Magical Melody for the Wii.

[PR person interjects, and there is a short argument about whether or not we're allowed to know about that before Rising Star's Richard Barclay clarifies the matter for us.]

Richard Barclay: We haven't received official confirmation from Nintendo that Rising Star will be a Wii publisher, and we haven't told Nintendo we've told anybody that we'll be releasing Magical Melody, which was a GameCube game, as a Wii game.

Cubed³ has just been in touch with Richard at Rising Star to confirm this is indeed true, so it is just a matter of time before Nintendo confirms RSG can publish on Wii over here and then an official Press Release will no doubt be sent out. And if this goes ahead, could Nintendo bring over Baten Kaitos Origins to Europe in a similar fashion?

Keep it here to see how things develop...

Here's a trailer of the game,

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9929&type=wmv&pl=game

IGN info/pictures/videos

http://uk.cube.ign.com/objects/780/780378.html

Hopefully this will open the door for Baten Kaitos Origins!

baten-kaitos-2-20051021115348462.jpg

Still abit annoying that it is just a rehash of a cube game and an old one at that what happened to the Wii version anyhow, or is this and the Wii version seen in a few games reels trailers one and the same?
There is a Wii Harvest Moon aswell!

This is basically because Europe didn't get this game on Gamecube!

i think this is a great idea. i mean if it was released on cube it would go nowhere.. at this stage it could be the best game ever and it would be ignored on the gamecube.

Exactly. It'll also be seen as "new" if it comes out on a newer console. I doubt it would even get a look-in other than from hardcores if this were to be released on the Cube.

Exactly. It'll also be seen as "new" if it comes out on a newer console. I doubt it would even get a look-in other than from hardcores if this were to be released on the Cube.
Exactly, most people buying Wii games won't know it was a previously unreleased GC game!

Anyone know of any other GC games out there that Nintendo could bring to Europe on Wii?

There was that Nintendo First-Party Golf game, or was it Baseball, what happened to that? Just released in Japan or scrapped altogether?

Maybe that could be bought back with Wii controls, which would work great for Golf/Baseball if done by Nintendo!

Yeah I'd really love it if we seen Baten Kaitos Origins like this too.

There was that Nintendo First-Party Golf game, or was it Baseball, what happened to that? Just released in Japan or scrapped altogether?

Maybe that could be bought back with Wii controls, which would work great for Golf/Baseball if done by Nintendo!

That was Pennant Chase Baseball. I dunno what happened to it, it just seemed to quietly dissappear. I assume it'll appear on the Wii at some stage, as it had finished production as far as I know.

That was Pennant Chase Baseball. I dunno what happened to it, it just seemed to quietly dissappear. I assume it'll appear on the Wii at some stage, as it had finished production as far as I know.
Yeah that's what I thought it was called, but when I looked for it on IGN it wasn't listed!

Nintendo should update it for Wii!

• 3 months later...

For anyone still looking forward to 'Harvest Moon: Magical Melody' on Wii (really GameCube), I've just been on Rising Star games website and it says that there will be a 'special announcement' sometime next week (Aug 20th)!!!

Wonder what the announcement will be? A Definite Euro release date or that its been canned AGAIN?

Yes, they've removed the game listing last week, and added that news flash one day after. It's probably a date, or maybe some extra waggle controls that will be added. However the game listing had a date of 30 September added two weeks ago, so that may not be it.

September was also said to be the date in this interview: http://www.cubed3.com/news/7745

A bit off-topic but anyway, I read somewhere, not sure where, Gonintendo maybe, that Rune Factory is going to be released in Europe October 26. Can anybody confirm this? I'm going to import it from NA(released today!) but I'm sure some of you others are looking forward to it(if not, you should)

I never played a Harvest Moon game, and I was looking forward to this as one of my last Cube games, because it looked like a great example of a Harvest Moon game.. I am somewhat glad I still get the chance to get this game (probably?), but while I'm such a difficult person, I hope they'll have "gamecube" editions (packed in black Cube boxes that is) for people who specifically want to add this game to their Cube collection.. There's no way I'm putting this in my Wii.