NEurope

*facepalm*

The picture in question:

1993442bartonws5.jpg

Nothing wrong wizzat, izzere?

Why doest thou have to wield such a mind that thinks of naught but wrong and indecent thoughts?

And I know I said it's of two footballers holding up a big cup when it's actually only the one footballer and the team manager, the other player isn't holding the cup. But it's what the picture really means that truly matters. :yay: :yay:

Facebook's New Terms Of Service: "We Can Do Anything We Want With Your Content. Forever.

Facebook's terms of service (TOS) used to say that when you closed an account on their network, any rights they claimed to the original content you uploaded would expire. Not anymore.

Now, anything you upload to Facebook can be used by Facebook in any way they deem fit, forever, no matter what you do later. Want to close your account? Good for you, but Facebook still has the right to do whatever it wants with your old content. They can even sublicense it if they want.

You hereby grant Facebook an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and distribute (through multiple tiers), any User Content you (i) Post on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof subject only to your privacy settings or (ii) enable a user to Post, including by offering a Share Link on your website and (b) to use your name, likeness and image for any purpose, including commercial or advertising, each of (a) and (b) on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof.

That language is the same as in the old TOS, but there was an important couple of lines at the end of that section that have been removed:

You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that the Company may retain archived copies of your User Content.

Furthermore, the "Termination" section near the end of the TOs states:

The following sections will survive any termination of your use of the Facebook Service: Prohibited Conduct, User Content, Your Privacy Practices, Gift Credits, Ownership; Proprietary Rights, Licenses, Submissions, User Disputes; Complaints, Indemnity, General Disclaimers, Limitation on Liability, Termination and Changes to the Facebook Service, Arbitration, Governing Law; Venue and Jurisdiction and Other.

Make sure you never upload anything you don't feel comfortable giving away forever, because it's Facebook's now.

Oh, you also agree to arbitration, naturally. Have fun with that.

Lol the writer sounds so opinionated and paranoid, its funny.

true but who knows why facebook made them rules for.

Why would facebook care about the indivual user anyway? Its the big picture you need to look at.

They could have done it because if someone does something incredibly bad on there, and then deletes their account, facebook have no rights to bring it back for evidence etc. Now they can.

The whole arbitration thing is nothing bad either to be honest.

:bowdown: FORGIVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I KNOW NOT WHAT I DO!!!!! :bowdown:

Better?

I'm afraid the damage is done, bucko.. it's gonna take at least another 2 years to get this mess cleaned up..

You'll pay for your crimes..

I'd like a group for all of us who are against social networking.

Surely that idea involves some sort of self contradiction?

I'm Henry Gray.

I've probably posted this before, but I couldn't be arsed reading through and checking.

Everything has been deleted from my facebook wall

brilliant

Dont add me though, I get enough shit status updates from people I do know let alone internet people :D

ToU changed back.

Terms of Use Update

Over the past few days, we have received a lot of good feedback about the new terms we posted two weeks ago. Because of this response, we have decided to return to our previous Terms of Use while we resolve the issues that people have raised.

I'm afraid the damage is done, bucko.. it's gonna take at least another 2 years to get this mess cleaned up..

You'll pay for your crimes.

I always get away with it :heh:

And it's kinda cool seeing what the faces look like behind the usernames, lmao.

I'd like a group for all of us who are against social networking.

Lemme get this straight. You want to make a group whose against social networking on a social networking website...Good luck :p lmao!

Lemme get this straight. You want to make a group whose against social networking on a social networking website...Good luck :p lmao!

Be one of the first instances i've heard of.

It's quite genius really. Destroying them from the inside out. Kinda like the whole basis for Prison Break Series 1.

But surely they can't exactly say they're against social networking if they log on to it. It's contradicting yourself, lol

New design coming:

Facebook is gearing up for a launch of a redesigned homepage last week. I’ve already written a bit about why I think it’s potentially a big step forward for an already big company, but now Facebook has sent over some better pictures of exactly what it will look like.

Highlighted below are the new or revamped areas known as “Stream,” “Publisher,” “Highlights,” and “Filters.” Read a bit more about each from my live blog notes from the event today or from Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg’s post. What do you think of the new look?

picture-22.png

picture-32.png

picture-42.png

picture-53.png

picture-61.png

Man, I don't know whether to be excited or utterly scared at the clear evidence of a mass-chairholdered corporation's funds and status by being the second redesign in as many half-years.

I think I like it.

Blargh, just when everyone (else) was getting used to the new Facebook layout. I've grown accustomed to the current one, the new one looks balls.

Yes, the new one does look balls.

I guess I'll get used to it like every other iteration.

Now if only I stopped getting notifications from that fucking SpeedDate app. I've even tried blocking the c*nting thing and it still somehow got through. I am genuinely infuriated by it. If the app was a person I'd rape them in the face with a cheese grater.

Nothing has made me quite this livid in ages. SpeedDate?! What kind of loser crap is that?! AAAAAARGH!!!

*breathe*

Yes, the new one does look balls.

I guess I'll get used to it like every other iteration.

Now if only I stopped getting notifications from that fucking SpeedDate app. I've even tried blocking the c*nting thing and it still somehow got through. I am genuinely infuriated by it. If the app was a person I'd rape them in the face with a cheese grater.

Nothing has made me quite this livid in ages. SpeedDate?! What kind of loser crap is that?! AAAAAARGH!!!

*breathe*

I think my brother does it. This is whilst he's constantly chatting to other random lasses using the little shit chat thing.

I think my brother does it. This is whilst he's constantly chatting to other random lasses using the little shit chat thing.

Many people i know use this "speed date", in the sheer hope of scoring a bird. None have succeeded so far. Nothing beats the old fashioned method of going out and about in the real world.

As for the new look, it looks ok. Just as i am getting used to the current one and it changes again. Oh well, i'll get used to it again and then a new one comes out.