NEurope
flameboy

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

*runs upstairs to get copy of ONM*

It got 94% with the pros and cons as follows...

PROS

Stunning presentation and direction

Improved control system

Decent Extra Content

Sumptuous art and graphics

CONS

Its a 2 year old game.

I packed my Wii away recently as I hadnt played on it properly since Mario Strikers weekend but this game will be the one to motivate me to set it all back up again.

I packed my Wii away recently as I hadnt played on it properly since Mario Strikers weekend but this game will be the one to motivate me to set it all back up again.

Thank god for that!

CONS

Its a 2 year old game.

Wow, they're really smart, I never thought of that.

Wow, they're really smart, I never thought of that.

That's a fair enough con, why should we be getting re-releases and ports instead of actual games, this trend on the Wii is really starting to take the piss.

Might have to give this a buy since i missed it on the cube but atm nothing can stop me from wow and strikers at the same time :D

That's a fair enough con, why should we be getting re-releases and ports instead of actual games, this trend on the Wii is really starting to take the piss.

That's true, but what I said is also true. A good way to put the con is "people might have already played the game 2 years ago". Cause I don't care if a game is 2 years old if I haven't played it already. Which isn't the case.

It's not like ports and re-releases aren't actual games, I mean, people complained that GC didn't get ports, now that Wii gets them people complain too. It's not like there aren't Wii exclusive games.

I had completely settled against getting this, then I made the mistake of playing the GameCube version yesterday... Damn, I've played through it so many times already but that opening section in the village it just reminded me of how good it is, I really need to play Separate Ways now! So yeah, I've caved-in. :heh:

But as spot-on as aiming with the Wii Remote looks I'm still not sure how I'm going to get on with it, the cursor looks a bit annoying (I actually got annoyed with the one in Zelda too so ended up switching it off for most of the game) wish it was possible to change it back to the laser sight.

I mean, people complained that GC didn't get ports, now that Wii gets them people complain too.
Bloody good point, there's just no pleasing some people.

Bloody good point, there's just no pleasing some people.

My bad I should've said cheap ports is what the Wii doesn't need, when we get games like Madden 2007 which actually plays better than the version it was ported from then that's great.

It wasn't ports that the Gamecube didn't get, it didn't get multi-platform releases, and this only started to happen around 2004, when the Cube didn't get games like Burnout 3 and Star Wars Battlefront, and then slowly other titles started to disappear in 2005 and by 2006 the Gamecube was very dead.

When I say I don't want cheap re-makes or ports I mean stuff like many of the titles Ubisoft has produced and to some extent EA too with titles like NFS: Carbon and Medal of Honour Vangaurd.

Not to be saying Resident Evil 4 on the Wii is a bad thing either, I can't wait to play an even greater version of one of the best games ever, but I still I would like very much if developers upgraded their ports from inferior consoles and made them play well or made completely new games, because in the end those will be the games I'll buy and should be bought by everyone else.

Yeah I was thinking that on shelves this summer alongside such games as Godfather, Scarface and Manhunt... the Wii is gonna be looking like not just another kiddy Nintendo console with added waggle.

Maybe I'm being blind but... any reviews online of Resi 4?

The newest Norwegian GAME magazine has this game listed as a full price title. Hope it's wrong.

It's wrong. I was on the spanish GAME website (the game store, that is), and it had RE4 for Wii listed for 35 euros.

My bad I should've said cheap ports is what the Wii doesn't need, when we get games like Madden 2007 which actually plays better than the version it was ported from then that's great.

You're right about that, but it happens with every console and Wii is very well positioned for something like this happen, cause it's not very powerful. At least we get stuff like Madden, Scarface,Godfather and DBZ.

It wasn't ports that the Gamecube didn't get, it didn't get multi-platform releases, and this only started to happen around 2004, when the Cube didn't get games like Burnout 3 and Star Wars Battlefront, and then slowly other titles started to disappear in 2005 and by 2006 the Gamecube was very dead.

Well, multiplatform titles are ports in a way. But I don't really care as long as good games keep coming, cause unfortunately people like buying crappy games and seeing the shelves full help sales.

Yeah I was thinking that on shelves this summer alongside such games as Godfather, Scarface and Manhunt... the Wii is gonna be looking like not just another kiddy Nintendo console with added waggle.

?

Totally disagree. Red Steel, Zelda, Manhunt, Godfather,Scarface,Far Cry, CoD, MoH,RE4,RE:UC,... It surely has a lot of.. sigh... "mature" titles.

Heyheyhey, Hellfire. I'm not arguing! I said its not looking like a kiddy console! Not that I'm worried whether we get those games or not actually, but I was making the observation that early in the Wii's life there are some quality games to choose from. And games that involve gore and all that stuff that consumers clammer for.

:smile:

Heyheyhey, Hellfire. I'm not arguing! I said its not looking like a kiddy console! Not that I'm worried whether we get those games or not actually, but I was making the observation that early in the Wii's life there are some quality games to choose from. And games that involve gore and all that stuff that consumers clammer for.

:smile:

Not arguing either mate. :P

Ah ok, when you said you totally disagreed... no worries, something musta just got lost in translation there. : peace:

Totally disagree. Red Steel, Zelda, Manhunt, Godfather,Scarface,Far Cry, CoD, MoH,RE4,RE:UC,... It surely has a lot of.. sigh... "mature" titles.

Yeah, I read it wrong. Didn't read a no or not :P eheh

Keeping myself away from buying a used copy of the GC version of this game (I missed so many good games last gen, got so much into PC gaming :p). Can't wait for this.

Well wasn't the PS2 version just a massive extension of the GC one? So i'm guessing it has both.

The PS2 version was the full Ada quest; the GC only had assignment ada. This will have both.

During Ada extra from PS2 the cutscenes are FMV, but during gameplay its GC engine again.. oh well.

The PS2 version was the full Ada quest; the GC only had assignment ada. This will have both.

Thanks

During Ada extra from PS2 the cutscenes are FMV, but during gameplay its GC engine again.. oh well.

Did they rebuild the Ada sections using GC graphics? I'm enquiring mainly as that would be the new content I was buying the game for