• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Next Year is an epic Foo's song, think that's my most played Foo's song on iTunes, though I've always loved 'The One' as well. Anyone heard of the band Hockey? been listening to their new album and quite like it. I've never been a big Muse fan but I quite like uprising. It's got a kinda epic feel to it that builds throughout the song.

Ah Foo Fighters... a band I have really liked for a while now and who occupy a special place in my heart; I've listened to all of their albums many a time and as I've said before, they are a band that do what they do very well, I know they will never be regarded as highly as some artists but that matters not because they are still for myself and many others enjoyable to listen to.

Now I admit, recently I have not listened to them much at all in comparison to how much I used to - which used to be daily, then weekly etc - but I still listen to them whenever I get the urge to but more often than not I enjoy playing along to them more - as Villan has mentioned - on Rock Band because I get so much more out of them that way.

But yeah, favourite album is The Colour and the Shape easilly but if I'm listening to it and not playing then it has to bethe expanded version which has the self-titled single plus some really decent covers of stuff like Baker Street , Drive Me Wild and Down in the Park. :)

----------------------------------------

Muse... fuck the hype, fuck the negativity and fuck the fact that Muse will never be as good as they once were; the album will still be enjoyable for myself and many others so live and let live. [/needless debate]

P.J Harvey... I've finished listening to her entire collective workings and I now absolutely adore her as an artist, it's as you said Paj, she really is a national treasure. :heart:

Tori Amos... listening to Boys for Pele and fuck... I knew there was at least one song from her that I had heard long ago but I could never place it until now, it was Professional Widow! - the remix - I didn't even know it was her who sung it when it first came out but damn I remember the song, even if I didn't realise what the lyrics were properly until now :heh: it's so deceptive hearing it now though because it's so different from the rest of the album, it has a lot of mainstream appeal and is quite easy to get into, anyway yeah, a real blast from the past even though I wasn't quite expecting it. :smile:

Edited by S.C.G

Lets discuus the utter shite that is the Artic Monkeys new album

We're always talking about them on here!! Can we not talk about Bjork or Tori Amos, they're soooo great and they're barely ever mentioned on here! For shame n-europe.

My favourite Foo Fighters album will always be There is Nothing Left to Loose, I can still remember everything about the moment when I first heard Learn to Fly, and it's just an album where I generally love every song on. One of their great strengths though is that they've never made a bad album, every one has some awesome songs on it. I've always loved the fact they just play Rock n' Roll none of this contrived bullshit to make each album different from the last. Louder perhaps, but i'll take that.

Lets discuus the utter shite that is the Artic Monkeys new album

To be fair, there isn't much to discuss, I've always thought them to be very substandard and unremarkable from the beginning of their 'career'... their music just grates on me. :/

I know there are people who do like them but really they just aren't for me and never ever will be...

My favourite Foo Fighters album will always be There is Nothing Left to Loose

There are definitely some decent tracks on that album, and I must admit that I rather enjoy singing along to Learning to Fly on Rock Band. :heh:

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost

I have a question for you all. And an answer.

Q: What song has the BEST drop ever?

A: Songos ya Mongos! by Errors.

Proof: (Unfortunately the live version doesn't do it justice. If you can, look it up on Spotify)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Yuo have all this buildup for 2 minutes and you wonder what it's all coming to, and then, bam. Out of nowhere this musical climax hits you in the face, and you need to use at least 3 Kleenex Mansize tissues to clean yourself up.

Now try and best it.

Tori Amos... listening to Boys for Pele and fuck... I knew there was at least one song from her that I had heard long ago but I could never place it until now, it was Professional Widow! - the remix - I didn't even know it was her who sung it when it first came out but damn I remember the song, even if I didn't realise what the lyrics were properly until now :heh: it's so deceptive hearing it now though because it's so different from the rest of the album, it has a lot of mainstream appeal and is quite easy to get into, anyway yeah, a real blast from the past even though I wasn't quite expecting it. :smile:

To be honest, I'd remove the remix from the tracklist, it has no business being on there, and was just shoved onto the next pressing of the album when the remix went to no.1 in the charts. I do enjoy the remix, but album order is an art in itself, and the record company shoved the remix in the middle of the album.

It replaced a REALLY good song, In The Springtime Of His Voodoo. Seek that out (I'll Pm you where to get it), as it's a crime to knock off such a good song for a remix just cause it sold in the charts.

Official release day :D:D:D:D

fun_aim_and_ignite_cover.jpg

(oooh purdy vinyl The cover fits in well with the Pokemon scheme)

Such a perfect album (for me). 18 months in the wait but worth it. I suggest if anyone wants to put aside Muse or Tori Amos for a moment Walking the Dog is such a jolly tune. And I love The Gambler because it reminds me of my grandparents. But I'm a realist, I know its not everyone's taste :heh: I really hope I get to see them live one day. So gutted I missed out on The Format because of stupid All American Rejects.

Carry on as you were. I just wanted to celebrate before I dissapear for two days.

Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape

It was decent, but unmemorable. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but a bit monotonous. But it had more energy and less banality than I expected. Not quite sure why everyone is bumming Everlong though, very forgettable compared to a lot of the other songs. Obviously deserves another run-through though.

Yeah, I'm don't really get why everyone loves Everlong. It's a good song but 'The Pretender' is fucking A. Can't get enough of it.

I've never really listened to the Foo Fighters on an album by album basis. I basically just have a list of all my favorite songs and just listen to them.

Edit: It also helps that I think Dave Grohl is a fucking legend. :D

Edited by Daft

Alexandra Burke - Bad Boys Feat. Flo Rida

I like the last minute or so more than the rest, because it comes at you thick and fast. Still, it's an unexpectedly pleasent suprise that they didn't give her some horrifically sappy ballad as a first single. The bitch annoys me, but the song I can deal with..other than the laughably bad lyrics.

Oh and Chris Moyles? FUCK OFF.

Edited by Slaggis

New Tegan & Sara album details.

sainthoodcover.jpg

sainthoodtracklist.jpg

They've recently been filming the video for their new single with Tiesto, I Feel It In My Bones. Nothing like their usual stuff, being all clubby because of Tiesto, it has their mark on it though. :p

Am I the only person who feels that whilst Crying Lightning is good, it could have been so much more. In my head I just thought of ways it could be improved on =/

Yeah same here.... I think they also agree if you listen to any recent live recording of the song, it is so much better live.

For me Arctic Monkeys are pretty much the best band of this generation along with The Long Blondes (who unfortunately split).

Onto Muse i think some individual songs of theirs are pretty decent, but when I've heard an album together in full with all the inbetweeny bits they have I just get bored.

Same with Foo Fighters, they are decent but not very spectacular in my eyes.

Yeah same here.... I think they also agree if you listen to any recent live recording of the song, it is so much better live.

For me Arctic Monkeys are pretty much the best band of this generation along with The Long Blondes (who unfortunately split).

Onto Muse i think some individual songs of theirs are pretty decent, but when I've heard an album together in full with all the inbetweeny bits they have I just get bored.

Same with Foo Fighters, they are decent but not very spectacular in my eyes.

The inbetween bits are long gone now, only did it on 3rd album