N-Europe

Okay, I was listening to some Chris Cornell and I stumbled across Temple of the Dog. Absolutely brilliant stuff, on par with his Soundgarden efforts but it sounds so different due to the album being slower, warmer, more emotional. Have no idea how I haven't heard them before. Really into Say Hello To Heaven and Hunger Strike at the moment. It's weird how the other members are from Pearl Jam, not a big fan of them myself.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing CC at Download now, just hope he doesn't sing too much of his recent crap!

Temple is an incredible album. I was ranting about it incessantly a while back. Sadly, Cornell is a bit shit these days and, without a great band to work with, I'm really not interested in what he's doing.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bard. :yay:

Not that I'm going to change the reason why you hate this thread, infact I think I'm going to fall into your trap but meh!

Tangled Up is by far Girls Aloud's best album. Every single song on it, was a potential single. I cannot believe they only released 2 (And...Sexy! No No No, though that was waaaay before the album came out).

Call The Shots, Can't Speak French, Black Jacks, Fling, Sexy! No No No, Girl Overboard and Damn are all brilliant slices of pop music. I wish their latest effort had been a little less boring. Apart from a few tracks at the bottom end of the album, it was annoyingly average. I have no idea why Out Of Control has sold so many copies (about 800,000 I think) whereas Tangled Up only went Platinum.

I'd have to disagree although Tangled Up is great. :p I much prefer Out of Control, the positioning of the tracks is definately an issue but I like the direction they have taken it overall.

Here's a recommendation for anyone, Fear Before (or as they used to be called Fear Before The March Of Flames). I would mainly recommend their last 2 albums were they sound like this:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Whilst their first 2 albums sound more like this:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Temple is an incredible album. I was ranting about it incessantly a while back. Sadly, Cornell is a bit shit these days and, without a great band to work with, I'm really not interested in what he's doing.

Truth, I even ended up getting it :heh:Temple of the Dog is an enjoyable album from start to finish.

Recently I've been listening to Queens of the Stone Age quite a bit and Pearl Jam owing to recently purchasing the legacy edition of Ten, quality stuff. :smile:

If you want a recommendation, go listen to A Woman A Man Walked By by John Parish and Polly Jean Harvey.

Got this and To Bring You My Love the otherday and I wish I had done sooner! I guess I was just put off by how much I really didn't like Bjork. I guess they do sort of make a strange trinity of music though. Very nice!

Don't know whether I like this or not. She has a damn good voice for a 16 year old and all (La La Land really showed it off)...but it's not really got a proper chorus so seems a strange song to release as a single.

She looks utterly sexual at the start, mind.

Seems like the usual over emotional ballad about unrequited love to me. Oh...cue rain soaked rock guitar climax...

Iconic :laughing:

I swear, Mastodon must have some kinda ghost writers, just been looking at that huge essay they did concerning Crack The Skye, and then watched a video interview where they all sound like retards, and I can't fucking understand the disparity between their music and their personalities. Makes fuck all sense.

Edited by The Bard

Don't know whether I like this or not. She has a damn good voice for a 16 year old and all (La La Land really showed it off)...but it's not really got a proper chorus so seems a strange song to release as a single.

She looks utterly sexual at the start, mind.

Ok I'll admit I'm pretty surprised by this. I really don't like the Disney-Brat crew one bit, and you of all people know that :P

But I actually think this is quite nice. I think I'd like it more without the clichéd guitar bit.

Nonetheless, I could listen to this happily!

Seems like the usual over emotional ballad about unrequited love to me. Oh...cue rain soaked rock guitar climax...

Iconic :laughing:

I swear, Mastodon must have some kinda ghost writers, just been looking at that huge essay they did concerning Crack The Skye, and then watched a video interview where they all sound like retards, and I can't fucking understand the disparity between their music and their personalities. Makes fuck all sense.

Serious? Link to interview video please, if possible? :)

Ok I'll admit I'm pretty surprised by this. I really don't like the Disney-Brat crew one bit, and you of all people know that :P

But I actually think this is quite nice. I think I'd like it more without the clichéd guitar bit.

Nonetheless, I could listen to this happily!

Hehe, my plan to turn you into a total Disney slut is developing. But yeah, it's definitely a grower. There's a video of her doing it on Ellen on Youtube and she sounds...wow.

Edited by Slaggis

Got this and To Bring You My Love the otherday and I wish I had done sooner! I guess I was just put off by how much I really didn't like Bjork. I guess they do sort of make a strange trinity of music though. Very nice!

First off; cue more bitchy posts about how much I talk about Tori and PJ Harvey..:grin:

Of the "trion", PJ Harvey is the most consistant, and imo, "best". She's completely uncompromising, and just is what music needs more of. No posing, just music, changing styles, honest, raw, passionate etc.

The opposite of what Tori Amos has become of late, really. All the fashion shows set to mediocre-by-her-standard songs really let her down, and are just a bit cringeworthy. It feels like I love her stuff (and the new stuff will definitely grow on me) because I know how good she once was, and still can be sometimes. It is toriphilia, rather than pure love of her new stuff, I feel.

But yeah. In terms of greatness over time, it goes; PJ>Bjork>Tori. But then Bjork was the worst of the 3 debut album wise etc, so it swaps around for me.

First off; cue more bitchy posts about how much I talk about Tori and PJ Harvey..:grin:

Of the "trion", PJ Harvey is the most consistant, and imo, "best". She's completely uncompromising, and just is what music needs more of. No posing, just music, changing styles, honest, raw, passionate etc.

The opposite of what Tori Amos has become of late, really. All the fashion shows set to mediocre-by-her-standard songs really let her down, and are just a bit cringeworthy. It feels like I love her stuff (and the new stuff will definitely grow on me) because I know how good she once was, and still can be sometimes. It is toriphilia, rather than pure love of her new stuff, I feel.

But yeah. In terms of greatness over time, it goes; PJ>Bjork>Tori. But then Bjork was the worst of the 3 debut album wise etc, so it swaps around for me.

Yeah I just can't stand Bjork's music for some reason. We just don't gel at all. I've tried many a time to get into it but it never works. I was probably just being stubborn with PJ at first, but now I really am loving it.

I see what you mean about Tori but I'm enjoying her new album. She's compromised in terms of the new style she was so desperately pursuing with ADP (which wasn't all bad but like you said, was in comparison to her old stuff) with her older stuff. Some of AATS is just fantastic and on par imo with the stuff of yore.

Listening to The Dancer, and I just love how she bursts into multiple orgasms.

Hehe, my plan to turn you into a total Disney slut is developing. But yeah, it's definitely a grower. There's a video of her doing it on Ellen on Youtube and she sounds...wow.

See, now I'm a complete Disney whore, but I'll actually listen to the good stuff, like A Whole New World, or Hakuna Fuggin Matata.

This new shit be whack yo.

Chris Cornell is dead to me. I support him for all these years, and he spits in my eye. Damn you Chris!

If people are into grunge side projects like temple of the dog they should check out Mad Season (Pearl Jam/Alice in Chains/Soundgarden/Screaming Tress contributions). Their only album was amazing (and it's on Spotify!).

Crappage! I've forgotten the name of a song and the guy/band who sings it and I've just heard a clip of it on tv and it's bugging me now as I want to listen to it. All I remember is that the guy who sung it is now dead and the video consists of is daughter in a bee costume. Anyone able to help me on this one? Beat it comes to me randomly when I'm doing something else just before going to sleep tonight.

See, now I'm a complete Disney whore, but I'll actually listen to the good stuff, like A Whole New World, or Hakuna Fuggin Matata.

This new shit be whack yo.

The song I've been in love with recently is One Jump Ahead from Aladdin. Forgot about it's greatness until I uploaded Class Disney 2 onto iTunes. Brilliance.

Crappage! I've forgotten the name of a song and the guy/band who sings it and I've just heard a clip of it on tv and it's bugging me now as I want to listen to it. All I remember is that the guy who sung it is now dead and the video consists of is daughter in a bee costume. Anyone able to help me on this one? Beat it comes to me randomly when I'm doing something else just before going to sleep tonight.

A quick google search reveals this song matches the criteria (dead singer and bee girl in the video):

I'm currently listening to The Edge Of Love soundtrack. I remember liking the music when I saw it, and I just found out that it's Angelo Badalamenti, the GENIUS behind all/most of the music in David Lynch's films.

You can listen to his soundtracks like normal albums. Great, very atmospheric.

Yeah I just can't stand Bjork's music for some reason. We just don't gel at all. I've tried many a time to get into it but it never works. I was probably just being stubborn with PJ at first, but now I really am loving it.

I see what you mean about Tori but I'm enjoying her new album. She's compromised in terms of the new style she was so desperately pursuing with ADP (which wasn't all bad but like you said, was in comparison to her old stuff) with her older stuff. Some of AATS is just fantastic and on par imo with the stuff of yore.

Listening to The Dancer, and I just love how she bursts into multiple orgasms.

I think Tori's ego is too big/stubborn, and that ties into all the things that kinda bring her down, her creative insularity at present, the visualettes (nothing short of cringingly hilarious, except Flavor, which I liked) etc etc.

She's still great, but it's annoying. PJ is the opposite. And better for it.