N-Europe

So a while ago I was talking about starting to like rap. Well, I thought it was maybe a little phase. Turns out it wasn't and now rap music is in my regular music rotation, between all the other musical instruments. I've been loving Murs, if anyone is into rap or hip-hop then check out this guy and his album "Murs for President". It's an awesome album and makes you wanna love!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

on perfect pop: Gwen Stefani continues to amaze, years later, with her savvy ear for production and brilliant lyrics. She's well ace.

Her "new" album, kind of sucked though. LAMB was damn good though, obviously.

--

Just watched this, the last minute she sounds fucking fantastic. Surely one of the best live singers around? (The bit from 1:20 onwards). Though I know the lyrics are totally over-dramatic, it's probably one of my favourite songs. So much better than the "would be mediocre if it wasn't for Clarkson" Since U Been Gone.

Edited by Slaggis

It's nice to have her around (and Pink..though to a lesser extent, because I prefer Clarksons voice) when there's this sudden mass of electro-pop invading the charts.

I raise you So What and My Life Would Suck Without You. :heh:

Definitely electro-pop, albiet with minor rock elements.

I just rediscovered "Be quiet and drive (far away)" by Deftones. Am I the only person who feels the chronic need to dance when listening to this song? I have a mad fear of dancing, but I find it hard to resist the urge to with this song.

----

I'm in love with Polly Scattergood's debut album. She's brilliant. Some songs a refreshingly simple sounding (for a "weird indie" girl), but I Hate The Way is probably my favourite song. It's an epic opener.

This is the current single, Other Too Endless, probably the most obvious single on the album.

I raise you So What and My Life Would Suck Without You. :heh:

Definitely electro-pop, albiet with minor rock elements.

There's always one. :p

You know what I mean. You could hardly call either of them Lady GaGa could you? Stuff like Don't Let Me Stop You, I Don't Hook Up, Whyyawannabringmedown, Long Shot etc. It's nice to hear some good pop-rock, with a powerful chorus kicking in.

you mean The Sweet Escape haggis? dirty lies! It's amazing. Go back to it.

It's no Lamb, and it's not awful, but it's the leftover tracks from Lamb that shine.

The rest is very..empty. I get depressed listening to Orange County Girl. It's really good live too. And the production on songs like Breakin' Up just make me want to turn it off.

I do love Wonderful Life, Wind It Up, Now That You Got It etc. But yeah, she should have kept more elements from LAMB, I think, in terms of production.

you mean The Sweet Escape haggis? dirty lies! It's amazing. Go back to it.

I can't make myself, it's just so....blah. It's like she made an album of all the cast off's from LAMB and then expected it to be just as amazing as LAMB was. (Crash, Bubble Pop Electric, What You Wating For, Cool, Hollaback Girl etc)

Also. Fuck Akon.

I was under the impression that The Sweet Escape was all the cast offs from LAMB.

Some are, some are original songs. Not sure which are which though...Orange County Girl was played on the harajuku lovers tour, so that would imply it was a cast-off, and IIRC Wonderful Life too.

Did I say Miley Jailbaits album was shite? I'm an idiot. Been listening to it more, and pretty much every song is good (bar the annoying one) even the Chicks Wanna Lol cover is good.

Full Circle however is fucking CHOONAGE.

That made me laugh for some reason! :laughing:

Glad to see you are enjoying it! :D

Metro Station - Shake It

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It's so catchy it should be illegal.

Who agrees?

I do! It isn't very good but it is damn catchy. The whole band is. Stupid Metrostation!

Metro Station - Shake It

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It's so catchy it should be illegal.

Who agrees?

I must disagree. I didn't realise it was something which had been molesting my ears on Radio One for some time, until I heard the "chorus". Songs these days should really trying having chorus' with more than about 5 words.

That and it sounded like Napoleon Dynamite was singing the verses.

I can't make myself, it's just so....blah. It's like she made an album of all the cast off's from LAMB and then expected it to be just as amazing as LAMB was. (Crash, Bubble Pop Electric, What You Wating For, Cool, Hollaback Girl etc)

Also. Fuck Akon.

I do like the line "don't get it twisted don't get clever this is the most craziest shit ever" for pure awesomeness to slip into conversations. And of course "I know you've been waiting but I've been out making babies".

Its not as good as LAMB but TSE is still good enough to enjoy every once in a while.

----

I'm in love with Polly Scattergood's debut album. She's brilliant. Some songs a refreshingly simple sounding (for a "weird indie" girl), but I Hate The Way is probably my favourite song. It's an epic opener.

This is the current single, Other Too Endless, probably the most obvious single on the album.

I love how ugly she is.

I don't like Other Too Endless, in comparison to Nitrogen Pink, IHTW, Number 24 and stuff.

Poem Song is my favourite off the album though.

For all the Toriphiles lurking around here:

Welcome to England from Tori Amos' new album Abnormally Attracted to Sin was played on the radio yesterday, and as such, it appeared on youtube about 15 seconds afterwards.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Enjoy!

I absolutely love it already. I just love how versatile she is as well. I can imagine this being my summer album.

Edited by Razz

For all the Toriphiles lurking around here:

Welcome to England from Tori Amos' new album Abnormally Attracted to Sin was played on the radio yesterday, and as such, it appeared on youtube about 15 seconds afterwards.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Enjoy!

I absolutely love it already. I just love how versatile she is as well. I can imagine this being my summer album.

It's lovely. Like a better version of an ADP song. Very Venus Orbting, as well.

It'll always be a shame that her voice has deteriorated though. Still, it's fine, and she's still awesome live (I NEED TO SEE HER THIS TOUR OR I'LL MYSELF).

It's lovely. Like a better version of an ADP song. Very Venus Orbting, as well.

It'll always be a shame that her voice has deteriorated though. Still, it's fine, and she's still awesome live (I NEED TO SEE HER THIS TOUR OR I'LL MYSELF).

It reminded me alot of Venus too, almost FTCGH as well. I so need to see her live too, but I suck at finding out when tickets go on sale etc. Plus you get the greedy bitches who buy up all her tickets so they can stalk her all over the country.

This song has been on repeat, and I still love it!

I do like the line "don't get it twisted don't get clever this is the most craziest shit ever" for pure awesomeness to slip into conversations. And of course "I know you've been waiting but I've been out making babies".

Its not as good as LAMB but TSE is still good enough to enjoy every once in a while.

Agreed, also "Yummy" is a fucking brilliant song, I sadly know all the words and pretend I'm Gwen for a couple of minutes, then the rapper who comes in....

I will stop talking now.

I was listening to Third today (quite possibly for the third time come to think of it) and I'm starting to appreciate it now, I have actually liked tracks by Portishead for a good few years now, I just never got around to buying any of their albums until recently :blank: I have Dummy as well and I think I will pick up their self-titled album sometime soon. :smile: