• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever get that when you listen to a brilliant album, everything you listen to immediately afterwards feels really bad?

I listened to the whole of Hounds Of Love by Kate Bush today, and afterwards I put my iTunes on shuffle, and I had to keep skipping for about two minutes until I found a song that was good enough to listen to (Monkey & Bear by Joanna Newsom - I then listened to Ys).

Hounds Of Love is literally ridiculously good, especially when you realise the first 5 songs (which are really obviously good) are nothing compared to the latter half of the album - "The Ninth Wave".

Face Down - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus is awesome. Can't get the song out of my head. Yes, it's bordering on the emo but I don't care. I listen to a bit of emo but it doesn't make me one. But putting that argument aside, it's a great song. Also listening to a bit of Within Temptation. Angels to be exact. Beautiful song and Sharon Den Adel has a great voice.

@ Nightwolf - *High-five* that's for listening to Lacuna Coil. Christina Scabbia does indeed have a fantastic voice and I wish it was just her that sings, and not that guy who sometimes chimes in on some songs. Yeh, it adds to the music changing it from what is now the standard female led band music to something more, but his voice gets annoying. Wonder when the new album is out as I believe they've finished work on it.

^

The FrankMusik remix is a lot better. And less...sickly-sweet.

-----

Tunic (Song For Karen [Carpenter]) - Sonic Youth

My new fave.

------

Dan, who's that by? It's decent.

I wish more people would listen to stuff that's posted on here.

^ lol. Then we'd only listen to things like Lady GaGa going by the last few pages. :shakehead

Majorly disappointed in HMV not having the CDs/music DVD I wanted so gonna have to track them down tomorrow. Been watching some of the Black Symphony concert which Within Temptation did at the Rotterdam Ahoy Arena (which is a pretty big place to hold a concert) and it looks fantastic. Also can't get the songs Forgiven, Memories, and All I Need by WT out of my head. All so very beautiful. Was contemplating bumping the beautiful songs thread to post in there but doesn't matter.

Well then, instead of complaining, why not just post more of what you like and then maybe people would give it a listen...

It gets over looked by our two resident elitists and the britney spears crew.

In other news, quite liking Kids in Glass Houses atm. lol, shit music I know.

Good work on the Sonic Youth Paj. Always meant to give them a proper whirl as I'm findng new love for Grunge these days.

I'd recomend Temple of The Dog- Kinda Grunge meets...a more articulate, beautiful sound.

that song I posted is Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas.

I listen to everything that is posted. :grin: just don't always comment on it.

I've only listened to what Dan Dare posted so far on this page but I eventually get everything listened to. :)

Sonic Youth I gave them a listen a few weeks ago but wasn't paying attention. need to give them another go as I liked them as I listened to them for a reason, which I can no longer remember!

It gets over looked by our two resident elitists and the britney spears crew.

In other news, quite liking Kids in Glass Houses atm. lol, shit music I know.

Erm, we aren't the only people that post here. There's many of you that say you hate what we post, so why don't you comment on what each other posts rather tham moaning at the music that gets discussed.

Really, it confuses me.