N-Europe

:(

It seems that you either find something in her music, or you don't. It's deeeeeep, man. (To be fair, that's the single remix...worse than the original)

Or some people say they don't like her stuff because they prefer lyrics that are easy to understand, or whatever. Each to their own...I just prefer music that lets me draw my own conclusions, whilst still drawing me into a hazy atmosphere of it's own creation.

Meh, i'm over it.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

:(

It seems that you either find something in her music, or you don't. It's deeeeeep, man. (To be fair, that's the single remix...worse than the original)

Or some people say they don't like her stuff because they prefer lyrics that are easy to understand, or whatever. Each to their own...I just prefer music that lets me draw my own conclusions, whilst still drawing me into a hazy atmosphere of it's own creation.

Meh, i'm over it.

I prefer good music.

Katy Perry's next single Hot N Cold video here.

I love the video, she makes me laugh.

The song is catchy enough...still not realy a fan though.

---

I need to actually buy a Bush album, at some point. I've had (and loved) Swallowed for years, but never actually got one of their albums. I know Razorblade Suitcase is meant to be their best.

Katy Perry's next single Hot N Cold video here.

I love the video, she makes me laugh.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I've been waiting for that for weeks, so glad it's finally out. I love it! Much, much better than the Kissed a Girl video, and it made me giggle in a fair few places. I just like how she seems so at ease taking the mick out of herself, and she's got a great sense of humour from what I've seen in her live performances/interviews, unlike half the Pop tarts nowadays that seem to just be utterly robotic.

I love that new Katy Perry video. :D I'm still in mixed minds about her though. I'm sure I liker her but her voice confuses me sometimes, which makes me think I don't then I listen to a song and remember that I do!

It's complicated! :p I do prefer the 2nd video to the first, pretty funny. I think I shall give her another listen I reckon she will grow on me. :)

Santogold's Self-titled is pretty damn awesome. It's a mixed-genre album (hard to pin down what it is) with an urban-y feel; I'd recommend it to anyone.

Tricky is pretty good too.

Other albums of other genres I'd recommend from the last 2 years (All of them superb, and would be sad if I had never heard them):

Midnight Boom - The Kills

Alas, I Cannot Swim - Laura Marling

S/T- Hercules & Love Affair

Antidotes - Foals

Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down - Noah & The Whale

S/T - Crystal Castles

Donkey - CSS

Music Hole - Camille

Marry Me - St. Vincent

White Chalk - PJ Harvey

Fantastic Playroom - New Young Pony Club

Oracular Spectacular - MGMT

The Reminder - Feist

Galore - Dragonette

The Adventures of Ghosthorse and Stillborn - CocoRosie

Volta - Bjork

Ys - Joanna Newsom

Rediscovered She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. Great track, really like the vocals that Maroon 5 sport too, they're quite unique.

I have to agree with you, never been too fond of the rest of their stuff, but I love that song, and the video.

I can find his vocals annoying in some contexts, like their song "Makes Me Wonder".

Irony has it that Maroon 5 used to be a Nirvana-like grunge band apparently. The guy must really have a complete voice.

Also can't believe why everybody prefers Jimi Hendrix' version of All Along The Watchtower. His version is epic, but Bob Dylan's version is more powerful.

Irony has it that Maroon 5 used to be a Nirvana-like grunge band apparently. The guy must really have a complete voice.

Also can't believe why everybody prefers Jimi Hendrix' version of All Along The Watchtower. His version is epic, but Bob Dylan's version is more powerful.

Bob Dylan prefers the Hendrix version :heh:

Rick astley is up for "best act ever" in MTV europe video music awards :D

the power of rickrolling haha

hope he wins would be classic

MTV stopped caring about good music, let alone "best" anything a long time ago.

So their awards, like most music awards should be justly ignored. :awesome:

----

I love Fight Like Apes.