• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

I know I missed it already but the harmonies for the particular song in Dr. Horrible that Ashley pointed out, I felt, did not work until the chorus. It sounded..'messy' up until that point.

Doesn't stop me from absolutely loving Dr. Horrible, however. <3

By the way, the Mercury Music Prize shortlist is up now.

This is one of the only awards for music I can respect, as it's got good music in it. I lost any respect for the Brits (I know, they've always been shit), when Bjork lost best international female to Kylie Minogue.

Adele - 19

British Sea Power - Do You Like Rock Music

Burial - Untrue

Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid

Estelle - Shine

Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim

Neon Neon - Stainless Style

Portico Quartet - Knee Deep In The North Sea

Rachel Unthank & The Winterset - The Bairns

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

The Last Shadow Puppets - Age Of The Understatement

Only heard of 2/3 of them, and own even less album wise.

I'd like Laura Marling (unlikely) or Radiohead to win.

Adele - 19 Rubbish

British Sea Power - Do You Like Rock Music Even worse

Burial - Untrue not heard

Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid Rubbish

Estelle - Shine Rubbish

Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim not heard

Neon Neon - Stainless Style alright

Portico Quartet - Knee Deep In The North Sea not heard

Rachel Unthank & The Winterset - The Bairns not heard

Radiohead - In Rainbows probably should win but wont

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand alright

The Last Shadow Puppets - Age Of The Understatement utter shit

Sorry to taint this thread, but I wasn't sure if I could live with myself if I created a separate one.

Basically I was just wondering if anyone had some

to share¹? You know, the kind that's so bad you really want it to be ironic, even though in your heart — which is busy free-falling — you know it isn't.

¹I mean this in a similar sense to how one might 'share' chlamydia.

Sorry to taint this thread, but I wasn't sure if I could live with myself if I created a separate one.

to share¹? You know, the kind that's so bad you really want it to be ironic, even though in your heart — which is busy free-falling — you know it isn't.

Check out My Penis is Made of Dogshit - Satan Gets An Abortion, if you can find it.

ooh i'd like to hear that. it's online somewhere?

I think it's here:

http://asianmandan.blogspot.com/2008/07/jusice-x-dior-homme.html

But I had another link off the Hype machine where you could download a 15 minute rip and I can't seem to find it anymore. :(

Edit: Actually it has it on that page!! I just downloaded it from somewhere else but it sounds the same.

It can't stop listening to it. Took a couple goes to get fully into it.

Here is a 2 part YouTube version:

Love the second part.

PLACEBO - THE RETURN!

Placebo are back in the studio working on a new album! The band finished their last touring campaign in September of last year in the USA (on the Projekt Revolution tour with Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance). Since then the band have taken some much needed time out and over the past couple of months have been hard at work writing and demoing new material in London. The boys are now recording with producer David Bottrill (the man behind Tool’s ‘Aenima’, ‘Salival’ and ‘Lateralus’ albums, Silverchair’s ‘Diorama’ and dEUS ‘The Ideal Crash’). Engineering the album is James Brown who worked with the band on ‘Meds’.

...And on the drums with Placebo...?????!!!!! Introducing... Mr Steve Forrest! Hailing from Modesto, California, he was previously the drummer with American rock band, ‘Evaline’. Some of you may have spotted Steve playing with Evaline supporting Placebo on their US tour in October '06.

And from a Placebo forum:

On a recent trip to Toronto, I ran into queer guitarist Stefan Olsdal from the British alternative-rock trio Placebo. He said they were in Canada recording new album with a new drummer. The already written material will have a rock edge to it in the style of PJ Harvey and My Bloody Valentine. Olsdal also promises that Placebo will take to the road again soon. Placebo's 2006 opus, Meds, features Alison Mosshart from the Kills on the title track and the remake of Kate Bush's “Running up That Hill" had its video—consisting of a collage of fan clips—come out last year.

I think this may meet your requirements:

:p

I think it's here:

http://asianmandan.blogspot.com/2008/07/jusice-x-dior-homme.html

But I had another link off the Hype machine where you could download a 15 minute rip and I can't seem to find it anymore. :(

Edit: Actually it has it on that page!! I just downloaded it from somewhere else but it sounds the same.

It can't stop listening to it. Took a couple goes to get fully into it.

Here is a 2 part YouTube version:

[ awesome youtube Videos of Justice :grin:]

Love the second part.

Amazing, 15 minutes of pure Joy! :yay:

I realise I'm probably in the minority here and the song had probably past it's prime for radio playtime, but I've fallen in love with the track Viva la Vida by Coldplay. Can't get the song out of my head, and can't stop listening to it. Absolutely amazing track. Anyone else?

...now that I think about it, however, I may have made a post about this recently. Not sure now o_O

Edit: Turns out I had, last night. Whoooopsie.

You mean like this? (The video is made of fail too...)

My favourtist band 'The Format' who broke up a few months ago before I got a chance to see them live is kinda back. The lead singer has teamed up with some other people (and also kinda worked with the other lead person from TF) and created a new band....Fun! (No really, 'Fun' is the name of the band)

They only have a demo so far but I love it. It is actually fun! :D

(yeah im the only one who cares but whatever!)