• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

You don't appreciate great art. That is an amazing piece, I mean everyone enjoys the same epiphanous revelation, when they set eyes upon it, and understand it's contextual relevance...

Actually, that's bullshit. Unless you have the propper background information to interpret it, it makes no sense and fails to grab the looker. However, with some studying, you'll soon find yourself loving it to bits. :heh:

Actually, that's bullshit. Unless you have the propper background information to interpret it, it makes no sense and fails to grab the looker. However, with some studying, you'll soon find yourself loving it to bits. :heh:

I'm not so sure, i think that good art, like good music, will always appeal to anyone in terms of how good it is. I looked at the painting, i was shocked at what i saw for a moment, i know nothing of its background, it grabbed me and always will, i love its style and dramatique of it. So like good music, such as a band i don't like, radiohead, I know they are good, i can tell that from their sound, i just don't like the style.

Just listened to "The Ting Ting's" they remind of the Rogue Traders combined with The Kills...but not quite as good as either.

Agreed, nowhere near as good as the Rogue Traders. They're not bad by any means...but just nowhere near as good as the little bit of hype surrounding them suggested.

Antony and The Johnsons just remind me so much of win, it's unbelievable.

Antony Hegarty has one of my favourite voices. Anything with him singing is almost invariably fantastic.

ATP: A Nightmare before Christmas curators have been announced. Mike Patten & The Melvins are picking the line up! Looks like i'm going to my 4th ATP in a row then. I'm not listening to too much heavy stuff at the moment, and I've already seen The Melvins, Isis and Big Business who are announced so far, but I'm hopig for a pretty eclectic selection (Hopefully Pelican & Cult of Luna given the Hydrahead records connection), and Fantomas will be playing 'The Directors Cut' which should be fantastic.

Sarcasm is so much harder to convey on teh internetz.

Its not the actual album.

"An instrumental version of the entire album is fused into one 38 minute, 44 second track played completely in reverse".

Just downloaded it, it's good stuff. :wink:

Luckily I have a funky bit of software on the computer to flip reverse it.

Its not the actual album.

"An instrumental version of the entire album is fused into one 38 minute, 44 second track played completely in reverse".

Oh...

Well still, instrumental music is always good for writing.

Completely mental music video

Is that not an awesome music video? I was just searching youtube and had no idea there was a video for it. My mate wants to go into the local forest and do that lol. I love this band!

Not really. They're ok, the video is pretty standard for a kooky pop band with no money.

This is an awesome video, because it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen and heard at the same time.

All Is Full Of Love just secures Bjork's place as something genuinely special in my mind.

I just love how that video is handled. How they're in a pocket of light in a sea of darkness. How the robots ever so gently touch each other. At 1:24, how her expression is so real.

I just love it. Genuinely feel emotion for it. If it were forever erased from this world I'd feel really robbed and angry.