• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

New Fall album 'Imperial Wax Solvent' leaked a few days ago, their best album for a while. And also, fantastic news. Teenage Jesus And The Jerks are reuniting for two shows in New York in June. Would cost about £700 to do the trip, but if I had the money I totally would.

just got back from seeing buck 65. really good gig, he's always very entertaining, and picks good support. last time i saw him holy fuck supported. this time c r avery supported, who was like nothing i have ever seen before.

I can't understand the appeal of this band at all.

Well, neither did I at first, i listened to mathletics and was like eh. But the opening track "The French Open" hits you with sorta, distant orchestra, and then they continue like this through out the whole album, i'd say, small orchestra meets...very light bloc party in terms of what they do with the music and lyrics. But i found the songs to not be as catchy as i thought.

Teardrop by Massive Attack is a great song. That is all.

^^^

And BHAR is hardly bad. Knights of Cydonia, MOTP, Invincible and Assassin are brilliant

If Absolution is "going wrong" I'd quite like to hear your definition of "right".

Ah brilliant, music I can relate to :D

Warning: New Panic album = terrible cept for 3 songs and the introduction of a new singer.. buy the tracks that sound good off itunes. Not worth the whole album :(

How strange, I was just coming on here to say "Pretty. Odd." was..well, pretty odd. It's nothing like their first album, and this makes me unhappy. I loved the electronic influences in their songs and that seems to have completely disappeared from this album to be replaced with empty tunes that are fully orchestrated.

This brings me on to my next point, however. Though it's nothing like Panic!, I really like the album. It's pretty 'feel good', which is nice.

That said, it's only had one playthrough from me so far, I'll see what time does to it. I'm disappointed though, that's for sure :(

I'm a HUGE fan, have been from way back (i'm no newbie Panic fan thankyou) and quite honestly agree with you!

How on earth is he going to perform any of these songs in a concert? It's so...i have no-idea...not good enough really!

The new single is the best song on there, and i like that Mad Of Rabbits song (which is the next single, funnily enough).

It's back-ground music at best! :(

I'm gonna keep listening to it, and see if it gets better!

Agree with this post. :)

I still have to get Panic's new album, but I'm pretty sure I won't like it that much, as Nine In The Afternoon is pretty bland. I loved the uniqueness of the first album.

Anyone else think the cover of Madonna's bew album looks like something made in 5 minutes of photoshop? It's shit. 4 minutes is an k single, but yeah, Hard Candy isn't looking good right now.

Doubt that many people will be interested as you're mostly all young whipper snapper types, but you can hear a 30 second, low quality sample of the Crue's new song "The Saints of Los Angeles" on Youtube. Sounds pretty decent. A cross between their Shout at the Devil and Dr Feelgood stuff

New album, titled "The Dirt" due out in July, can't wait!

I know I'm a few years to late, but I really like "Love Angel Music Baby" by Gwen Stefani. I love "What you waitin' for?", it's such a great track.

One of the best/most solid pop albums I own'have ever heard.

Sweet Escape is utter shit compared to it. It's like it's lost all of the vitality of LAMB. Songs like Orange County Girl and Breakin Up are atrocious (OCG is awesome live though).

---

Bought Pretty.Odd today. Onbly had 1 listen whilst playing my DS, but it didnt sound bad, just not that gripping. I'll give it a few more listens before I decide what I think of it.