N-Europe

aight, so I downloaded two Hot Chip albums based on responses in this thread. Heard two tracks on the Made In The Dark album and I have a few things to say.

The first track, "Out at the Pictures" sounded like a fluffier version of Mindless Self Indulgance spread over some digitised Black Eyed Peas beatz. The second track, "Shake a Fist" initially struck me as having some RnB beat and reminded me of Shakira meets Totally Radd!! - but of course I am no all-knower of Shakira so of course there's not going to be a lot of accuracy to that statement.

Hell, even "Ready For The Floor" reminds me of a crazy combination - Talking Heads and Kraftwerk, lol :P

I've no real experience with any music like this - It's more dance music than electronical messing-around like Postal Service and Flaming Lips... But I like it :) Makes me wish I could dance.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

I need the CSS remix of Wow by kylie Minogue, just cause I love them, and I can always say that it's them I'm listening to it for, not her.

I kinda hate her. I hate how everyone loves her. I don't get it. Occasionally she does an interesting song, but realistically. However, the CSS mix does sound quite good. Does anyone have it? Or do I have to go buy the EP...

Could be really embaressing.

----

Obtaining We Are Glitter by Goldfrapp, just so I can say I have all the albums. No shops I've looked in have it.

-------

I need the Kills album, as I love the single I heard a while back. Cheap and Cheerful or something.

Artists I feel are unjustly unfamous:

Dragonette

Tegan and Sara (in the Uk anyway - they have obvious lives in N. America)

Joan As PoliceWoman

New Young Pony Club (they are quite famous - but realistically most people I talk to have never heard of them)

Portishead

Roisin Murphy

Amoungst others.

I think everyone should be listening to some E.S. Posthumus. Some of it is absolutely epic. I don't mean it as in 'really good, (though it is), I mean it actually is epic, like fight scene music. Think 'Oh Fortuna' or Verdi's 'Dies Irae' epic. Absolutely brilliant.

EDIT: Ignore the video, but you've all heard the song.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wwyq08LKpJM

I just bought Life Without Buildings -- Live At the Annandale Hotel from iTunes after hearing some stuff online...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Without_Buildings

I like "The Leanover" and "Love Trinity" the most so far.

It is very rare that I buy music so they should be very happy in their broken-up state. I just listen to New Order all day.

I just bought Life Without Buildings -- Live At the Annandale Hotel from iTunes after hearing some stuff online...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Without_Buildings

I like "The Leanover" and "Love Trinity" the most so far.

It is very rare that I buy music so they should be very happy in their broken-up state. I just listen to New Order all day.

They are the best band ever.

The leanover is epic.

Sugababes new song is surprisingly catchy. For a girl group, they've produced a few gems over the years.

-----

Anyone who hasnt already BOUGHT Seventh Tree should do so now. It's just...breathtaking.

They are the best band ever.

The leanover is epic.

Let's be best friends :awesome:

"hold tight, hold tight, hold tight with a tight

budokan warp, budokan warp, we warp

b b b b b freestyle

i like you mostly late at night

break my mind, break my mind"

Damn right, LWB are my favourite band. Didn't know anyone else here was into them. Check out the B-side "Daylighting". Utterly brilliant, they should have been far more successful and I hope to god that someday they reform to play an ATP Don't Look Back gig of "Any Other City".

The Charlatan's have released their new album for free on xfm.co.uk, you don't even have to be a member (well I don't think), its pretty cool of them to do so but then there is the question if its free for a reason...

oh well if anybody else is interested.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2008/download-charlatans-new-album-for-free?&DCMP=EMC-EMR2007

Cheers for the heads up on this. I love the Charlatans. : peace:

Damn right, LWB are my favourite band. Didn't know anyone else here was into them. Check out the B-side "Daylighting". Utterly brilliant, they should have been far more successful and I hope to god that someday they reform to play an ATP Don't Look Back gig of "Any Other City".

To be honest every song on that album is perfect. Ive never met anyone who liked the band, everyone LOVES them or doesnt know about them :P I would pay stupid amounts of money to see them live.

Whoo, just got back from seeing the Stereophonics. =D

I actually don't own any of their albums so I only know a couple of songs, but I've always liked them (for those songs). Tonight was good! I especially liked Maybe Tomorrow in the encore. Just his voice, his guitar and the crowd singing along. Lovely. =3

*will have to look out for the albums now*

Aquired the cardigans best of album. I love "Lovefool" and "My Favourite Game".

Bit cliched....

I need it as it has like 48 tracks, and I want to get hold of their less popular stuff. I loved Don't Blame Your Daughter (Diamonds) when it came out, butr never bought it.

Bit cliched....

I need it as it has like 48 tracks, and I want to get hold of their less popular stuff. I loved Don't Blame Your Daughter (Diamonds) when it came out, butr never bought it.

They're the first two tracks I've listened to on it, I've not heard the rest yet. They're the only two tracks I rememeber by them, I didn't realise they were such a big band.

I love "Cherry Lips" by Garbage. "Push it" and "Milk" are pretty great tracks also. I think I might have to pick up one of their CD's. Do they have a greatest hits out?

edit: Your last fm album thingy made me look up Tori Amos on youtube, I'd never heard her before. Wow, "crucify" is a great song!

Move over Hold Steady, new favourite band!

/i've been feeling neo

i've been feeling neo

i forgot i forgot i forgot i forgot

when you i used to think s s s s

i forgot i forgot i forgot i forgot

happening again in a slow diagonal/

Ah yes, New Town is a classic. But, if I may correct the lyrics. It's "I've been feeling neato" not "neo". You should definately check out the album though Haver, it's one of the greatest ever made (second only to "Neu!" by Neu! IMO). And if you can track it down the 7-inch version of New Town is a fucking corker too, possibly better than the live version (though without the extended ending.)

They're the first two tracks I've listened to on it, I've not heard the rest yet. They're the only two tracks I rememeber by them, I didn't realise they were such a big band.

I love "Cherry Lips" by Garbage. "Push it" and "Milk" are pretty great tracks also. I think I might have to pick up one of their CD's. Do they have a greatest hits out?

edit: Your last fm album thingy made me look up Tori Amos on youtube, I'd never heard her before. Wow, "crucify" is a great song!

Oh my god, a brief revelation of the truth has come to you!

Absolute Garbage is Garbage's greatest hits album.

Garbage songs I'd recommend, considering you like Cherry Lips:

I Think I'm Paranoid

Breaking Up The Girl

Why Do You Love Me

Sex Is Not The Enemy

When I Grow Up

All the above are on the Greatest Hits (apart from Breaking Up The Girl - which really should be)

Also, get Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos. Of her 9 studio albums, it's the only one that strikes me as a must-have.

Oh my god, a brief revelation of the truth has come to you!

Absolute Garbage is Garbage's greatest hits album.

Garbage songs I'd recommend, considering you like Cherry Lips:

I Think I'm Paranoid

Breaking Up The Girl

Why Do You Love Me

Sex Is Not The Enemy

When I Grow Up

All the above are on the Greatest Hits (apart from Breaking Up The Girl - which really should be)

Also, get Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos. Of her 9 studio albums, it's the only one that strikes me as a must-have.

Cherry Lips is a very unusual Garbage song, as she sings in a very strange voice, but yeah, get AG, and theni if you like them, get garabage, version 2.0, beautifulgarbage and Bleed Like Me.

TORI AMOS

Could I have converted someone?

Don't listen to Chair. lol

While Little Earthquakes is her most well-known and accesible, it's her masterpieces Under The Pink, Boys For Pele and From The Choirgirl Hotel that are her best. Boys For Pele once made go into a crazed trance.

Cornflake Girl (Under The Pink), her biggest hit

She's Your Cocaine (From The Choirgirl Hotel)

Professional Widow (Remix), this got to No.1, though it's utter shit compared to the real song.

Hey Jupiter (Dakota Mix) (Boys For Pele)

Silent All These Years (Little Earthquakes)

Not my favourite songs by her, but some I'd suggest to a potential fan...