N-Europe

Fav songs this week:

Bolt Action Five – Tree Friends Tree Foe (Hadouken! mix

Rise Against - Roadside

Athlete - Best Not To Think About It

The Killers - Leave The Bourbon On The Shelf

The Killers - Mr. Brightside (Jacques Lucont's Thin White Duke Remix)

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Dawn breaks like a bull through the hall,

Never should have called

But my head's to the wall and I'm lonely.

Also, just unearthed a bunch of Thrash records from years ago. I don't remember Testament and Exodus being this shit....dear Jesus they're awful. On the other hand, I don't remember Kreator and Possessed being this good either...Seven Churches is pretty...interesting...

DL'd Kylie's new album.

It's ok pop. As to be expected. I've never understood why she's so worshipped by people.

Madonna is so much better and can actually make vaguely intellectual music and change her style.

I <3 2 Hearts.

It's so repetetive though. I think there's only the starting verse, and the rest is the chorus.

Dawn breaks like a bull through the hall,

Never should have called

But my head's to the wall and I'm lonely.

Also, just unearthed a bunch of Thrash records from years ago. I don't remember Testament and Exodus being this shit....dear Jesus they're awful. On the other hand, I don't remember Kreator and Possessed being this good either...Seven Churches is pretty...interesting...

Kreator's Pleasure to kill is still one of the best Thrash albums ever,in my opinion... and Seven churches, well... it practically invented death metal, so... :D Major win!

But hell, both Exodus and Testament's first 3 albums (coincidently it's the same number of albums) are fucking great. Testament's The Legacy is ubber sweet! :D

Also:

Super æ. Me loves boredoms.

Downloaded The Dillinger Escape Plan - Ire Works today.

It's actually pretty decent.

I kind of feel bad about that band- I saw them live and just didn't get it at all. It was only months later that i realised they're a kind of insane genius and make some really interesting sounds.

Kreator's Pleasure to kill is still one of the best Thrash albums ever,in my opinion... and Seven churches, well... it practically invented death metal, so... :D Major win!

But hell, both Exodus and Testament's first 3 albums (coincidently it's the same number of albums) are fucking great. Testament's The Legacy is ubber sweet! :D

It's probably cause I used to listen to Testament and Exodus a lot back in the day, and listening again, the musicianship is pretty crass...Testament's shit in The New Order is alright, but his voice and the lyrics are just absolutely the definition of inane.

I still maintain that the best record from the thrash era is between Rust In Piece or ...And Justice For All. Isn't that just what everyone says :heh:.

Can anybody tell me the HIM song where in the music video Ville Valo is just rolling about in a white room.

Also are Battles any good?, I've heard good things but I'm not sure.

:heart: Battles are ridiculously ace. Thread regulars know how I regullar have 'Nam style flashbacks and live inside their album for days at a time :heart:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

So i thoguht i'd get some Brand New, my mate played me Sowing Season on his phone a couple of weeks ago. I got The Devil And God. Quite liking it too.

Sowing season is awesome. I'm playingjude law and a semester abroad a lot recently as well. Magazines is also good because the words are funny :p

Sowing season is awesome. I'm playingjude law and a semester abroad a lot recently as well. Magazines is also good because the words are funny :p

Brand New is meh (yes i'm still fucking basing it on their stage performance!) the music's good for a slow paced kinda mood

Underage/bitterness - "Hands Clean" Alanis Morissette

I really need the last 3 Tori Amos albums. I fucking hate HMV's pricing, where if it's less in demand it's like 20 quid for no reason.

Tori Amos is WIN. what albums are you looking for?

How can you base it on their stage performance! They are awesome. The last song they play, "You Won't Know", fucking legendary...

They head lined at GIAN, before them were New Found Glory and All American Rejects, now, New Found Glory were greatly comedic, and then AAR were all kicking footys into the crowd and throwing blown up condoms into the crowd. However, Brand New, just come on, sing their slower songs and don't interact with the crowd AT all and made everyone slow when they should finish making everyone more hyper and happy.