• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

I don't see how you can slate the Arcade Fire like that Oxigen_Waste. You may not like their style but they undeniably have a lot of talent. I love them.

I understand why people love them and they do have talent that I recognise... but I don't like them. Wanna know why? Wasted potential. They could be so much more than they actually are.

I have issues with people complaining about how fast others get in to bands- a good album is still good six months after release, so it's not really a problem unless they wilfully ignore new music.

I have to agree there, that was a rather dumb statement from my part. It still annoys me that people here listen mainly to shit, though. Not you, though. You, I like. :yay:

I understand why people love them and they do have talent that I recognise... but I don't like them. Wanna know why? Wasted potential. They could be so much more than they actually are.
So what would you say that they could improve on? Their music is really epic and well-crafted, their lyrics are excellent and their sound is quite unique.

I have to agree there, that was a rather dumb statement from my part. It still annoys me that people here listen mainly to shit, though. Not you, though. You, I like. :yay:

yeah that's because my taste is impeccable in all things. :)

So what would you say that they could improve on? Their music is really epic and well-crafted, their lyrics are excellent and their sound is quite unique.

FYI, that makes no sense. Uniqueness is an absolute, and doesn't come in varying degrees like 'quite'.

sigh. pet peeve.

FYI, that makes no sense. Uniqueness is an absolute, and doesn't come in varying degrees like 'quite'.
I'm terribly sorry I offended the language with some word creativity :indeed:

Arcade Fire has a unique sound, but it doesn't sound completely like no other band...

My top 5 tracks by Tegan and Sara:

1) I Hear Noises

2) The Con

3) Underwater

4) Hop A Plane

5) Nineteen

I Hear Noises is literally awesome. I love the sibylance (sp?) in it. You can hear the sss sound when they sing "sad, sick people like me".

It's not awesome. It's one of their better songs though. I don't get whats so amazing about the "ss". It's actually quite annoying, yet funny.

I've listened to Tori Amos too much recently. I fear i'm losing touch with Bjork and it's scary.

It's not awesome. It's one of their better songs though. I don't get whats so amazing about the "ss". It's actually quite annoying, yet funny.

One could actually analyse "I Hear Noises" and write an essay on it, it's that good.

"If It Was You" is such a great album. "The Con" is more alternative and crazy though.

Whilst all that is true, everytime I listen to their stuff, I feel it's not complete. Lacking. Unfinished. They need poilishing. That being said, even though I don't like them... they remain the best concert I've seen this year, so far.

Going to see Saosin on the 24th and Taste of chaos on the 25th :D. Two awesome gigs in 2 days = win

Saosin = fail.

Just got The Killer's new cd thingy today, gotta give it a listen.

The killers are epic phail, and if they had even the smallest shred of human decency, they'd all commit seppuku. Ugh. maybe it's just because I'm an angry person, but I can't overthrow this urge to go to town on their ugly faces with any and every blunt object I can find.

Also, Bitches Brew is a pimpin record and a half.

The killers are epic phail, and if they had even the smallest shred of human decency, they'd all commit seppuku. Ugh. maybe it's just because I'm an angry person, but I can't overthrow this urge to go to town on their ugly faces with any and every blunt object I can find.

Also, Bitches Brew is a pimpin record and a half.

Why must you hate on every band who don't posses the apparent awe inpiring ability you do. We all know you're legendary, It's just diminishing your brilliance by constantly repeating it. I mean, why even waste your breath on such talentless fools.

Kay?

yay for hoosiers and avril lavigne

god, my music taste sucks

tho on the maybe upside im listening to muse, +44 and angels and airwaves too :D and maximo park! and klaxons!

Argggghhhhhhh pop-punk I cannae stand it.

Still Muse, Maximo Park and Klaxons are good.

Also NME shockwaves tour 2008 will feature:

The Cribs, Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong, Does it offend you, Yeah? and The Ting Tings.

Only really listened to The Cribs and The Ting Tings from that (both great bands check em out) and doubt I'll be going.