NEurope

It's an early case of "third album syndrome."

Still. :(

But still! I wasn't expecting it to be THAT bad after the absolutely fantastic Flux, which was a brilliant surprise.

But still! I wasn't expecting it to be THAT bad after the absolutely fantastic Flux, which was a brilliant surprise.

Whilst there stuff varies a lot, the reason behind it appears to be "throw enough mud and some will stick".

It's better than some of their stuff, but it's certainly no Helicopter or This Modern Love...

I can't think of a song on the previous 2 albums that was this disappointing. 90% of the songs they make are fantastic, the other 8% is still good, and the other 2% you can live with.

I'm sat on my sofa, armed with my acoustic and I'm playing some tunes. Can play the main riff of Cherub Rock, and a lot of other random stuff inbetween, including some of the intro for Under the bridge.

Extremely well known band but the song to me is just magical!

Incubus - Drive

A song me and a friend of mine love to bits, and as such, we do the done thing, and put on whilst drunk, and sing along (not to mention air guitar when appropriate...). Shooting Star - Air Traffic

To be honest, The Call is Regina's absolute worst song ever. It just looks lyrics-wise like it was a rushed number she forgot she was paid to do, or at least wasn't inspired be.

Also, I'd expect Disney wanted something that was "pretty", rather than using her powerful voice/intelligent writing.

I heard it in the film (rubbish, btw), and after being intially excited that it was here, was very dissapointed.

I'm listening to 11 : 11 in protest against it's crapness.

(That said, the way she sings it is quite sad)

Meh, it might not be her best (wasn't claiming it was!), but I still like it. And the lyrics fit nicely with the story (though I know you don't like that either). Each to their own. =)

And oh Fish, I quite love that song; Air Traffic have some nice stuff out there (especially if you like to sing along in the shower, haha), and apparently they were really good live at Rock Werchter (where they played twice, once to replace Babyshambles). Wish I could've seen them actually.

Hmm Mercury is alright. Flux is obviously better and I do adore 'Silent Alarm' and half of 'A Weekend in the City' but I could quite like this new Bloc Party sound.

Just give someone a chance to remix it a bit better and im sure Mercury will be fine.

Meh, it might not be her best (wasn't claiming it was!), but I still like it. And the lyrics fit nicely with the story (though I know you don't like that either). Each to their own. =)

And oh Fish, I quite love that song; Air Traffic have some nice stuff out there (especially if you like to sing along in the shower, haha), and apparently they were really good live at Rock Werchter (where they played twice, once to replace Babyshambles). Wish I could've seen them actually.

i reckon the Regina song is her worst too, sorry. It's just so so bland and joyless compared to her other songs.

Hmm..It might be the time, and the fact I can feel a major headache coming on, but mewithoutYou made me feel a liitle sick. I don't think I'm up for screaming atm!

See on the other hand, thats the kind of style I love :smile:

Extremely well known band but the song to me is just magical!

Incubus - Drive

Incubus are indeed awesome.

Pendulous Threads:

See on the other hand, thats the kind of style I love :smile:

Incubus are indeed awesome.

Pendulous Threads:

I do love some incubus stuff, enjoy incubus is a real cool ep and has some of the best tracks off fungus amongus just with better production, make yourself is good too but some of their other stuff i find a bit annoying.

Can't stand Incubus, myself. They just don't do anything for me at all. Think I bought a CD of theirs in the 'mists of time' musical period of my life on the advice of friends and I hated it.

edit: thoughts, anyone?

A slightly different request; I am compiling a DVD slideshow of the wedding I did and need nice background music (ie classical) for it. iPhoto used to have music but for some reason its not working :/ Anyone know of any songs that would be suitable? And where I could get them from? Thanks.

Tempted to chuck Bebel Gilberto in there but thats partially just because I like her plus it needs to go on for 20 minutes so I'd imagine hearing the same song four times would be a bit much (or could put on a few of hers...but nah. No Bebel.)

Does it have to be classical? You could be trendy and just have nice poppy, light music. Or even ambient stuff that isn't nice. But then that wouldn't make any sense with a wedding.

@ Haggis. Just heard the rest of "One of the Boys"

....and I LOVE HER!

I'm really liking UR So Gay, Fingerprints and Waking Up In Vegas, but my two favourites at the moment are Hot 'N Cold and If You Can Afford Me.

What about you?

She's doing something right because I'm not usually so impressed with this genre. I think it's her personality aswell, she hasn't got the whole "I'm so innocent" thing going on with her, like she knows she's dirty, and embraces it :D

Haven't really listened to that one so i'll give it a try and let you know.

"And you don't even like.....PENIS!"

Haven't really listened to that one so i'll give it a try and let you know.

"And you don't even like.....PENIS!"

Haha! :bowdown:

Best ending to a song... EVER! :p

I like her but need to listen to her more. :)

Best ending to a song... EVER! :p

Similar but a whole lot better;

GIMME PEACE! LOVE!

PEACE!

LOVE!

PEACE!

LOVE!

AND A

HARD COCK!

Incubus are on hiatus atm arnt they? like quite a few of their songs. One of those bands il end up loving in a few years and being completely confused as to why i didnt give them a real chance :P

Similar but a whole lot better;

Woah!

Just listened to the song and have to say Tori beats Katy hands down! :bowdown:

Woah!

Just listened to the song and have to say Tori beats Katy hands down! :bowdown:

Well to be fair, they should never be compared, as it's a fact that Tori beats Katy. :wink:

----

Gabriel by Lamb is one of the saddest songs I've heard in a good long time. I can't explain it, but the first verse, her voice, the way she sings it...made me the most emotional I'd been in a while.

Gabriel by Lamb is one of the saddest songs I've heard in a good long time. I can't explain it, but the first verse, her voice, the way she sings it...made me the most emotional I'd been in a while.

Can't say I've ever thought of it as a sad song. In fact I've always considered it to be rather positive. Incidentally, Lou Rhodes has recorded a fantastic acoustic version, although I can't seem to find anywhere with a semi-decent stream of it — I bought it off Play.com's download service.

For no particular reason I want to link to one of Lamb's other songs. 'Gorecki' is my favourite piece from the band and it's rare to find the six and a half minute version anywhere other than on the album itself; it's the way it's meant to be heard, I tell thee. That or live, but I missed the boat on that one.

Can't say I've ever thought of it as a sad song. In fact I've always considered it to be rather positive. Incidentally, Lou Rhodes has recorded a fantastic acoustic version, although I can't seem to find anywhere with a semi-decent stream of it — I bought it off Play.com's download service.

For no particular reason I want to link to one of Lamb's other songs. 'Gorecki' is my favourite piece from the band and it's rare to find the six and a half minute version anywhere other than on the album itself; it's the way it's meant to be heard, I tell thee. That or live, but I missed the boat on that one.

Mmm, both Gabriel and Gorecki are such beautiful songs, I could always listen to those without growing tired of them. And Gabriel is one of those songs that can bring tears to my eyes, not only because it sounds sad, but also because it's so beautiful.

I think I will put on the album tomorrow and give it a good listen again. =)

I only have Gabriel and Gorecki (the full version :) ). I need their albums.