NEurope

News; Girl Talk's new (and free for download from his site) album rocks hard. Well, not really...but it's good.

It's mash-ups, but I kept hearing songs I knew. Mostly a mix of urban/rap with modern and classic rock and pop. Just fun.

Well I'm glad to see other supporters :) CWK are playing in brighton soon, and having just been introduced to them I think they'll be awesome live. Aparrantly there's a new album out at the end of september, too, so maybe they'll play some new stuff too.

Listening to Ray Of Light by Madonna. I love it as an album.

I like a lot of her other stuff (not the new stuff), but I love this. I hold it up with the other "great albums" I own.

Am I the only one freaked out by the age of the girls miming in the music video to her song? I mean, the songs about a relationship with a guy that cheats basically yet there's what looks like (a couple of them) 10 year olds miming the song and crying over the guy. :confused:

Is that not just very, very wrong?

Disclaimer: I loathe the song

Disclaimer: I loathe the song

Good.

I assumed your posting it meant you liked it, and you would have needed an e-smack.

what's the song? I'm too busy listening to the awesome Death From Above 1979 to invest any of my time in it.

It's miley cyrus, that girl from that tv show that's below shit in terms of being shit, and she just sorta flits between talking and shouting in the video.

-_- back to gary's mad world for me!

Alphabeats new video for "Boyfriend"

I LOVE when she makes the cassette cable stuff attack the dancers.

Had an amazing time at Latitude Festival!

Feeling it now tho. I saw so much its unreal.

Go team, death cab for cutie, franz ferdinand, seasick steve, elbow, sigur ros, guillemots, the coral, glasvegas, foals, interpol, breeders, blondie, nada surf, noah and the whale, those dancing days, swanton bombs, the school, a-line, Murder by death, The aliens.

Saw some comedy too:

Ross Noble, Bill Bailey, Tim Minchin, Daniel Rigby, Arnab Chanda, Dan Atkinson, Carey Marx, Scott Capurro, Jon Richardson.

Watched a little bit of cabarat too. Danced in the woods and to guilty pleasures and was pretty much drunk all weekend.

Can't believe it's all over :(

I am ashamed to say I can't stop listening to this... :( :

Alphabeats new video for "Boyfriend"

I LOVE when she makes the cassette cable stuff attack the dancers.

It has the style and feel of a 80's music video.

It has the style and feel of a 80's music video.

It does, I love Alphabeat and thats such a great 80's style pop tune.

--

Question: What do people think are some of the best covers? I.e ones that have made even or imrpoved on the original?

The one that springs to mind for me would be Katty Perry's cover of "Use Your Love". She just takes the song, and makes it that much better.

think this has came up at least 3 times in this thread now ;)

anyhoo

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

The Futureheads - Hounds of Love

The Futureheads - Hounds of Love

*seethes*

I'm not Kate Bushes biggest fan, but even I know that their version is nothing compared to hers. It's fine on it's own, but when one says it's "better" than the original...

*rolls up sleeves*

---

'97 Bonnie and Clyde - Tori Amos (Eminem cover)

Rattlesnakes - Tori Amos (Lloyd Cole cover)

You Only Live Twice - Björk

Off the top of my head.

*seethes*

I'm not Kate Bushes biggest fan, but even I know that their version is nothing compared to hers. It's fine on it's own, but when one says it's "better" than the original...

*rolls up sleeves*

Took the words out of my mouth, I have this argument again and again with my friends and of course The Futureheads are the cool, trendy, down with the youth band so its just me that stands up for Kate.

Just got tickets to OneRepublic in Glasgow in September. Woot.

The album Marry Me by St.Vincent is really good.

Listen now.

CSS's new album is awful. :(

???!

I've not heard it, looking foward to. Apparently it's more sophisticated. You've worried me.

???!

I've not heard it, looking foward to. Apparently it's more sophisticated. You've worried me.

Only good songs are 'Rat is dead (Rage)' and 'I fly' on the album the rest of the songs sound like another band.