NEurope

Thanks to Aimless, I've been able to listen to Takk by Sigur Rós quite a lot. Very lovely album, with great songs. Very relaxing; even made me fall asleep at night while normally I can't sleep while music is playing. =)

This makes me want to go and see them at Pukkelpop really badly, even if it means going all alone to see them!

Thanks to Aimless, I've been able to listen to Takk by Sigur Rós quite a lot. Very lovely album, with great songs. Very relaxing; even made me fall asleep at night while normally I can't sleep while music is playing. =)

This makes me want to go and see them at Pukkelpop really badly, even if it means going all alone to see them!

listen to (), not takk. or ageatis bryjin (i know i've spelt it wrong). I much prefer both and found them much more accessible.

Right. Sufjan Stevens aoart from being kinda attractive (and having really long named songs such as 'A conjunction of drones simulating the way in which Sufjan Stevens has an existential crisis in the Great Godfrey Maze') is apparently quite good although I've never really given him a proper listen.

I adore 'John Wayne Gacy, Jr.' and 'Come on! Feel the Illinoise!' but what else can people suggest? I will listen to the Illinois album tomorrow but just looking for other suggestions and feedback and stuff :)

Can't believe I'm actually posting this in the N-Europe forum :/

Miley Cyrus - 7 Things

The first single off her new album "Breakout"

I really like this song, it's far better than all the crap I fucking love it XD she puts out as "Hannah Montana"

Hope the album is as good!

Miley Cyrus - 7 Things

I really like this song, it's far better than all the crap I fucking love it XD she puts out as "Hannah Montana"

Haggis posted this a while back.

Put me down as "Not a fan." I think I prefer that Best of Both Worlds song I heard a zillion times last time I was at Disney.

I'm not against bublegum-pop, but it's too "aimed-at-children" for me.

---

The Kills are doing a small UK tour soon. In celebration;

Miley Cyrus - 7 Things

Yeah, I posted it a while back because the video annoyed me. I tried out the rest of the album, and there are some much, much better songs on it than that. I hate the fact she went the usual disney way in the song and ended up doing a uturn and stating what she "liked" about him. Ruined the song.

listen to (), not takk. or ageatis bryjin (i know i've spelt it wrong). I much prefer both and found them much more accessible.

Well I only have Takk at the moment, and it was a gift, so I can't help but love it. But I will try and check out the other albums soon as well. =)

Also, we just got Michael Jackson's Thriller album. Such a classic. =D

can't get that damn kate perry track out of my mind. hurrm.

It's "Katy", but yeah, suddenly it's everywhere now. Everytime I turn on the radio it's playing and it doesn't even get a physical release until the 1st of september. Not that I'm complaining mind, I love it.

---

More "Bubble-gum pop" as Paj put it. I was introduced to the Jonas Brothers last night, and I'm enjoying listening to them. Obiously not the best music out there, but it's pretty enjoyable to listen to and it's goddamn catchy. I had no idea they were so huge in America, they've knocked Katy Perry of the iTunes Number one spot over there.

This is there new song, "Burnin' Up"

S.O.S (This was the one that was just released in the Uk)

The Kills are doing a small UK tour soon. In celebration;

I just love that song.

And there's a reason it was the first track on my mixtape.

---

More "Bubble-gum pop" as Paj put it. I was introduced to the Jonas Brothers last night, and I'm enjoying listening to them. Obiously not the best music out there, but it's pretty enjoyable to listen to and it's goddamn catchy. I had no idea they were so huge in America, they've knocked Katy Perry of the iTunes Number one spot over there.

This is there new song, "Burnin' Up"

S.O.S (This was the one that was just released in the Uk)

No. :blank:

----

I love Hercules + Love Affair so much. They're so good.

This is their new single "You Belong".

Firstly I've seen Mars Volta at Brixton a few years back and to be honest got a bit bored.

Secondly I really wanted to see Sigur Ros and they were on at the same time! I'm happy with my choice :)

Hmm fair enough, you are forgiven. I saw Volta a year or too back and they were fucking amazing, I have heard that they can be pretty up and down tho.

So...At The Drive In are pretty good. One Armed Scissor is a right tune.

Oh hells yeah, get it all.

Listening to Relationship of Command must have nicked it off Jonny a while back. It's awesome.

She should listen to all of them! Well, maybe not Von; that's something of an acquired taste. Anyway, I had my reasons for selecting Takk and I'd be dead if I'd dared send more than one CD.

I think all of Sigur Rós albums have their place. I like the fact each has their own sound, and Með Suð à Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust, their latest album, is in itself a nice mix of styles. It's all good, no need to discriminate.

Listening to Relationship of Command must have nicked it off Jonny a while back. It's awesome.

I'm surprised you weren't familiar with it before, to be honest. :heh: It's in my top 10. Cosmmonaut gets me every time. : peace:

I love "I kissed a girl" by katy perry. Not normally my cup of tea, but you can blame Haggis for that :heh:

"Too good to deny it!!"

Björk releases the new single ‘The Dull Flame of Desire’ on September 29th 2008 through One Little Indian Records.

Björk and Antony performed against green screen in New York then each director was sent the raw footage to edit and create their piece. Christoph Jantos (Berlin) Masahiro Mogari (Tokyo) and Marçal Cuberta Junca (Girona) are the chosen directors. Each director was given their own section of the film, to develop how they wished - on completion the 3 films were edited together in London to make the final music video.

Finally a date! Can't wait to see this video, I know my expectations are high because of Wanderlust but I can't see this being anything but amazing.

I'm surprised you weren't familiar with it before, to be honest. :heh: It's in my top 10. Cosmmonaut gets me every time. : peace:

I know. Failz am me.

Fantastic album though. any more knocking about? I need more Mars Volta, too.

Finally a date! Can't wait to see this video, I know my expectations are high because of Wanderlust but I can't see this being anything but amazing.

*Cums in his pants*

My lord, my fave song on the album!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

On this page is one good video. Well done Paj on posting it! Everyone else, hang your heads in shame at not having my taste in music mwahahahaaaaaa

Indeed, if you can call that noise/screaming/shrill sounds/guys-who-shouldve-gone-through-puberty-10-years-ago-still-sounding-like-girls-singing-badly-at-a-sleepover *breathes* music.

and love the song ^_^

Also Roisin Murphey - Off and On is sheer awesomeness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTZCnifCkaU

On this page is one good video. Well done Paj on posting it! Everyone else, hang your heads in shame at not having my taste in music mwahahahaaaaaa

Also Roisin Murphey - Off and On is sheer awesomeness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTZCnifCkaU

Thanks, and Roisin is great.

---

Have you got any of the singles? I love my Innocence one. :smile:

I don't have high hopes for the video...3 totally seperate, unconnected parts edited together...? Maybe it'll work. Dunno though. They've now released all the best songs off the album, IMO. Except Vertebrae by Vertebrae.

----

I quite like CSS's new album Donkey. It'll take a few listens for me to decide, though.

I know. Failz am me.

Fantastic album though. any more knocking about? I need more Mars Volta, too.

At that level of quality? Herm, no, it's their peak... but all the other stuff are worth checking out too.

As for Mars Volta, get Frances The Mute, it's their best album, give it a listen and go from there. But be warned, except for the singles, Mars volta is much more experimental. The singles, however, are 100% At The Drive-In:

Have you got any of the singles? I love my Innocence one. :smile:

I don't have high hopes for the video...3 totally seperate, unconnected parts edited together...? Maybe it'll work. Dunno though. They've now released all the best songs off the album, IMO. Except Vertebrae by Vertebrae.

I was so close to buying Declare Independence in Avalanche but my wallet got the better of me. I do need to get at least one of the singles but I know if I got one I would have to get them all.

I think its going to be really interesting at the very least to see the 3 different guys came up with though I hope its not completely unconnected, I wanna see some awesome transitions.