NEurope

Well the new Bloc Party song is better than Mercury, If the whole album is like it I'd be pleased.

New Bloc Party song? I thought the new song was Mercury?

PLACEBO - THE RETURN!

Placebo are back in the studio working on a new album! The band finished their last touring campaign in September of last year in the USA (on the Projekt Revolution tour with Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance). Since then the band have taken some much needed time out and over the past couple of months have been hard at work writing and demoing new material in London. The boys are now recording with producer David Bottrill (the man behind Tool’s ‘Aenima’, ‘Salival’ and ‘Lateralus’ albums, Silverchair’s ‘Diorama’ and dEUS ‘The Ideal Crash’). Engineering the album is James Brown who worked with the band on ‘Meds’.

...And on the drums with Placebo...?????!!!!! Introducing... Mr Steve Forrest! Hailing from Modesto, California, he was previously the drummer with American rock band, ‘Evaline’. Some of you may have spotted Steve playing with Evaline supporting Placebo on their US tour in October '06.

And from a Placebo forum:

On a recent trip to Toronto, I ran into queer guitarist Stefan Olsdal from the British alternative-rock trio Placebo. He said they were in Canada recording new album with a new drummer. The already written material will have a rock edge to it in the style of PJ Harvey and My Bloody Valentine. Olsdal also promises that Placebo will take to the road again soon. Placebo's 2006 opus, Meds, features Alison Mosshart from the Kills on the title track and the remake of Kate Bush's “Running up That Hill" had its video—consisting of a collage of fan clips—come out last year.

Yay.

Although I never realised they'd stopped. I knew the drummer left though.

I never realised Alison Mosshart, aka the coolest person that looks like a serial killer I've ever seen in my life, sang with Placebo.

I never realised Alison Mosshart, aka the coolest person that looks like a serial killer I've ever seen in my life, sang with Placebo.

Yeah, she sounds lovely on Meds.

Yeah, she sounds lovely on Meds.

I bet she looks lovely too. In the way serial killers look lovely.

New Bloc Party song? I thought the new song was Mercury?

"Idea For A Story"

Sorry to taint this thread, but I wasn't sure if I could live with myself if I created a separate one.

Basically I was just wondering if anyone had some

to share¹? You know, the kind that's so bad you really want it to be ironic, even though in your heart — which is busy free-falling — you know it isn't.

¹I mean this in a similar sense to how one might 'share' chlamydia.

i have a shit load ha.

annd those you watch american dad might remember this one. fucking weird though.

you dont get much better than these lyrics

Sorry to taint this thread, but I wasn't sure if I could live with myself if I created a separate one.

Basically I was just wondering if anyone had some

to share¹? You know, the kind that's so bad you really want it to be ironic, even though in your heart — which is busy free-falling — you know it isn't.

¹I mean this in a similar sense to how one might 'share' chlamydia.

Why did I continue to watch all that. It was painfully embarassing. Stupid nothern chavs.

Just got a ticket to see the cribs at kings college student union. Tiny venue like 600 people! It's their warm up gig for Reading and tickets are not meant to go on sale tomorrow but I found the pre-sale link :)

AWESOME

Just heard that song everyone loves by Noah And The Whale, and no one warned me that the amazing Laura Marling was in it/a guest vocalist!

I love her/them now.

Listening to Kyuss atm. Any fans? They play some seriously sexual rock :D

Yup, love them. :) I had a ton of their stuff on my laptop, until that fucked up. :(

Just heard that song everyone loves by Noah And The Whale, and no one warned me that the amazing Laura Marling was in it/a guest vocalist!

I love her/them now.

Album is pretty good too. Have to be in the right mood to listen to it tho. I've seen them live at Latitude and were awesome and going to see them again at Get Loaded in the Park :)

I love her/them now.

So it was her! :o

My eyes were not decieving me! Why was I not told this? :heh:

I do like that Noah and the Whales song!

I've been listening to a bit of Gabriella Cilmi today, quite good. :D

Yup, love them. :) I had a ton of their stuff on my laptop, until that fucked up. :(

Awesome. Didn't figure you to be the type man. Good stuff :)

I have And The Circus Leaves Town which rocks immeasurably.

They remind me of Mogwai but a bit less intense. It's great music.

Awesome. Didn't figure you to be the type man. Good stuff :)

I have And The Circus Leaves Town which rocks immeasurably.

They remind me of Mogwai but a bit less intense. It's great music.

Not the type?! You still have a lot to learn, Danny Boy.

For some reason, I have The Beautiful Ones, by Suede stuck in my head. It's been in there all day.

I dont usually like anything that hits the charts, but i have to admit i quite like the Ting Tings. So catchy and funky at the same time, it's the first time in ages i've been impressed when watching MTV.

Not the type?! You still have a lot to learn, Danny Boy.

For some reason, I have The Beautiful Ones, by Suede stuck in my head. It's been in there all day.

don't take it the wrong way, I just didn't think you were in to anything that heavy. I mean, you could probably pebble rocks with their riffs.

New Metallica song - "Cynanide" performed live

Can't really judge it in that quality. At least it's metal again, not the lame rock of the last albums. It's really not as heavy as any of their 80s stuff it seems, but oh well.

I quite like that recurring riff they start the song with. It's featured in the Death Magnetic previews as well.

Here's the tracklist of Death Magnetic:

That Was Just Your Life

The End Of The Line

Broken, Beat & Scarred

The Day That Never Comes

All Nightmare Long

Cyanide

The Unforgiven III

The Judas Kiss

Suicide & Redemption

My Apocalypse

Another The Unforgiven there [/captain obvious]

Listening to Kyuss atm. Any fans? They play some seriously sexual rock :D

Stoner Rock is brilliant.

Kyuss is one of the best examples of "why".