NEurope

Tell me about it my friend. Take a Bow an amazing song, and the one I'm rooting for to be released next. We can only ponder how it will fare in contrast to Rihanna's song, though...

There's no way they can release it, it's too similar too Rihanna's song. I know it sounds completely different, but the public will instantly assume she's copied Rihanna's song and she'll get backlash for it. Plus the fact "Take a Bow" is still in the top five in America.

There's no way they can release it, it's too similar too Rihanna's song. I know it sounds completely different, but the public will instantly assume she's copied Rihanna's song and she'll get backlash for it. Plus the fact "Take a Bow" is still in the top five in America.

I'm still gonna be optimistic, and point out that it isn't the first time a different artists song of the same name has been released.

god knows why. it's shit.

In other news: I love Ben Folds :D Every time I'm bored or need cheering up, he's the artist I go for most. I love his playing style and his lyrics are fantastic. They're not overly elaborate, but they seem to be perfectly aligned with my thoughts.

Man, he'd be awesome to hang out with.

god knows why. it's shit.

In other news: I love Ben Folds :D Every time I'm bored or need cheering up, he's the artist I go for most. I love his playing style and his lyrics are fantastic. They're not overly elaborate, but they seem to be perfectly aligned with my thoughts.

Man, he'd be awesome to hang out with.

He's got some great songs, I love "Annie Waits" and "Give Judy My Notice".

Yeah they're wicked.

His cover of Bitches Aint Shit simply has to heard. He also does a mean cover of Tiny Dancer

in fact, he's a cover machine. He's done fuckloads and they all rock.

Ben Folds is awesome, I wish I had seen him at Glastonbury. Sadly I was too busy getting wasted in a field with 3 Aussie girls watching 2 hours of human beat boxing and forgot about it.

I'm listening to the bad plus. I forgot how wonderfully awesome their cover of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' is. Their new album has a great cover of 'Life on Mars' too.

Came across this guy recently, here he is on BBC's culture show, Squarepusher.

I have his whole discography. The man's a genius in every sense, and the best live musician I've ever seen.

ooh nice. saw him a while back now myself. Utterly astonishing.

in other news: just bought myself Graceland by Paul Simon. One of my all time favourites. I only ever had it on tape though so I decided to grab it off itunes.

I'm not a big fan of Paul Simon, or Garfunkel, their music is just so sickeningly sweet and preachy it makes me sick in much the same way downing an entire triple chocolate fudge cake would. I don't contest that it is pretty classic stuff though. Just totally not for me.

I saw a couple of bands yesterday at Pukkelpop.

Amy MacDonald: was okay I guess, though I only knew two of her songs. Can't say her singing was that great really. And I couldn't understand a thing she was saying; only thing I understood was some song she wrote about her dog Michael (from Michael Jackson), and she likes The Killers.

Santogold: I only knew one song from her, so I didn't really know what to expect. But I can say that what I saw was pretty good. Was nice to dance to a bit. I liked it, even though I can't say I'm used to that music genre (whatever it's classified as).

Joan as Police Woman: pretty much the one band/artist I wanted to see yesterday. I thought she was amazing; her voice sounds great. I was really close to the stage, which was fun. She is one craaaazy woman though, haha. But yeah, it was great, and of course her song 'I defy' was amazing, even without Antony (the female bassist and drummer took over those parts very nicely). =D

Editors: not exactly a band I'm a fan of or anything, but overall I think they did a nice performance, even though there was absolutely no interaction with the public. And to me, all their songs sound the same.

Roisin Murphy: another craaaazy woman! I really enjoyed her performance. She switched into a different outfit for pretty much every song she sang (probably giving all the guys boners by wearing that tight white top that shows what's underneath). She also sang lots of Moloko songs, which was great!

The Killers: can't say I enjoyed this at all, but that's more down to me being tired and in a not so great mood at this moment (horrible mood even). I just wanted to go home, heh. They sang lots of their hits, and I guess people liked them. I thought they were just okay.

I would've gone today and tomorrow as well but decided to stay home (as it was not fun at all to go on my own) and give my wristband to my sister. Means I'm missing out on Sigur Ros for example, but oh well. Some other day.

Amy MacDonald: was okay I guess, though I only knew two of her songs. Can't say her singing was that great really. And I couldn't understand a thing she was saying; only thing I understood was some song she wrote about her dog Michael (from Michael Jackson), and she likes The Killers.

Santogold: I only knew one song from her, so I didn't really know what to expect. But I can say that what I saw was pretty good. Was nice to dance to a bit. I liked it, even though I can't say I'm used to that music genre (whatever it's classified as).

Joan as Police Woman: pretty much the one band/artist I wanted to see yesterday. I thought she was amazing; her voice sounds great. I was really close to the stage, which was fun. She is one craaaazy woman though, haha. But yeah, it was great, and of course her song 'I defy' was amazing, even without Antony (the female bassist and drummer took over those parts very nicely). =D

Editors: not exactly a band I'm a fan of or anything, but overall I think they did a nice performance, even though there was absolutely no interaction with the public. And to me, all their songs sound the same.

Roisin Murphy: another craaaazy woman! I really enjoyed her performance. She switched into a different outfit for pretty much every song she sang (probably giving all the guys boners by wearing that tight white top that shows what's underneath). She also sang lots of Moloko songs, which was great!

The Killers: can't say I enjoyed this at all, but that's more down to me being tired and in a not so great mood at this moment (horrible mood even). I just wanted to go home, heh. They sang lots of their hits, and I guess people liked them. I thought they were just okay.

I would've gone today and tomorrow as well but decided to stay home (as it was not fun at all to go on my own) and give my wristband to my sister. Means I'm missing out on Sigur Ros for example, but oh well. Some other day.

How come that list is so solid gold? (Get the reference?)

I love everyone on that list, except Editors, who I haven't ever listened to.

I'm not a big fan of Paul Simon, or Garfunkel, their music is just so sickeningly sweet and preachy it makes me sick in much the same way downing an entire triple chocolate fudge cake would. I don't contest that it is pretty classic stuff though. Just totally not for me.

s'fair enough I supose. Personally, I was raised on the stuff so It's kinda hard coded in to the brain. I love it.

ooh nice. saw him a while back now myself. Utterly astonishing.

in other news: just bought myself Graceland by Paul Simon. One of my all time favourites. I only ever had it on tape though so I decided to grab it off itunes.

But I only own Graceland on tape as well. It seems like the right thing, I don't want to listen to it on any other format, I'll just whip out the coke can walkman.

hell's yeah, I've got a couple of tapes reserved for it.

Graceland

Greatest rock in the world Tape 1

Bad

all you need really

Amazing to think something potentially breakable has lasted so long in your care. Good tapes, though.

*Is extremely jealous*

Right, I've had it with all this talk of young cool bands and festivals. People seem to have forgotten about real music. I'm talking obviously about Hall and Oates. I don't want to discuss it, just for everyone to realise greatness in it's purest form.

Go and listen to it now!