NEurope

Truer words never spoken.

HallOates.jpg

Do it.

No, I'm sure I have Maneater somewhere, and I remember not being very interested by it. Not given it much of a chance though.

----

I could love 5 Years Time by Noah & The Whale. I know i'm about five years late, but I don't pay attention to the charts.

Plus Laura Marling wins with anything she does.

I know it's not exactly new or anything, but I just heard "4Ever" by The Veronicas for the first time after watching "She's The Man". I love it!

Reminds me of "U + Ur Hand" by Pink

I know it's not exactly new or anything, but I just heard "4Ever" by The Veronicas for the first time after watching "She's The Man". I love it!

Reminds me of "U + Ur Hand" by Pink

That song is annoyingly generic. And She's The Man? Really? :wink:

Though speaking of P!nk reminded me that I heard her new single has leaked. I'll post it here, but it'll be my first listen. Missundaztood and Try This are both pretty good albums. Her last one not so much. I'll edit in my thoughts.

EDIT: It's ok. A dancier sound. Nothing overly special.

I'm not sure about the new song, it annoyed me when it started, then slowly grew on me before tailing off again. I suppose it must be on of those songs that grows on you, then doesn't let go.

bleh bleh silly pop bleh bleh..

:)

Pharohe Monch, people. Best hip hop I've heard in ages.

I'm looking for some slow, soft but happy string music like in this song (but without the vocals)

any ideas?

Finally got round to giving "Blackout" a listen. I was pleasantly suprised actually, some of the tracks are rather good. I'm in love with "Hot as Ice" (though to be fair, I loved it when I heard the demo version a while back. It's one of my favourite ever songs of hers). Then there's "Ooh Ooh Baby" and to a lesser extent "Radar". Then obviously "Gimme More" and the fantastic "Piece of Me".

I'd never really thought of Britney as the Album type...I mean I always figured she released great singles and then the rest of the albums would all be filler. But as I said, this suprised me.

Finally got round to giving "Blackout" a listen. I was pleasantly suprised actually, some of the tracks are rather good. I'm in love with "Hot as Ice" (though to be fair, I loved it when I heard the demo version a while back). Then there's "Ooh Ooh Baby" and to a lesser extent "Radar". Then obviously "Gimme More" and the fantastic "Piece of Me".

I'd never really thought of Britney as the Album type...I mean I always figured she released great singles and then the rest of the albums would all be filler. But as I said, this suprised me.

I told you to give it a listen ages ago, but you wouldn't have it :nono:

I'm starting to get into Devo, because I'm really into Polysics at the moment. Only songs I was familiar with before were Mongoloid and Whip It. These guys are awesome. I need to get me one of those hats.

I told you to give it a listen ages ago, but you wouldn't have it :nono:

Hehe, you did? Oh, well I really should have listened to you. Next time you recommend something, I'll most definitely give it a try. I'm really hyped for her new album now, though it's about 9 months away. Apparently it's going to be "more urban", and according to Britney she's written more on this album than she has on all her others together. Good or bad? Not sure.

Hehe, you did? Oh, well I really should have listened to you. Next time you recommend something, I'll most definitely give it a try. I'm really hyped for her new album now, though it's about 9 months away. Apparently it's going to be "more urban", and according to Britney she's written more on this album than she has on all her others together. Good or bad? Not sure.

Hoping it will be good, never had a Britney album other than Blackout (oh and greatest hits)

A song from Lily Allens new album, well half of it anyway, I have the full version if you want it ^_^

I personally love it, and can't wait for the album :)

Oh and LOL at the comments.

Hoping it will be good, never had a Britney album other than Blackout (oh and greatest hits)

A song from Lily Allens new album, well half of it anyway, I have the full version if you want it ^_^

Same, I bought the greatest hits when it came out, but I've never owned any of her other albums, never really saw the point.

Can you send the full version my way? I've never really liked Lily Allen, but I love that. It's so damn catchy.

Since I had to miss out on Sigur Rós last night (poop!), I will now be going to see their concert somewhere in October I think. Awesome! =D

I heard that song a while ago and thought it was great but forgot about it!

Thanks for bringing it back to my attention! :yay:

Also I agree Blackout is so catchy!!!

Since I had to miss out on Sigur Rós last night (poop!), I will now be going to see their concert somewhere in October I think. Awesome! =D

That's awesome. :awesome: I would love to see Sigur Rós! : peace:

OH MY LORD!!!

Roisin Murphey has just been announced as headlining Manchester Pride's Main Stage this Sunday!!!

Sooooo god damn excited AAAAAAAAH!! ^_^

And she's playing in Manchester in November again! Woooooop!

Cannot wait, surely worth the price of a wristband to pride!

arrgh fuck!

might try and make that November one. hurrm!

I'll be seeing you there! She played last November as well, but i didnt get to see her :(

I've seen her three times now I think, twice with Moloko.

Definitely worth seeing, though the second time wasn't too great because she stopped playing way too early. But oh well.

Me and Paj saw Alanis Morissette tonight.

Awesome.

She jazzed up her old songs with some new lyrics and more rocky guitars.

Uninvited = Mindblowingly good

She also changed loads of lyrics in Ironic, instead of "When you meet the man of your dreams, then meet his beautiful husband." Felt a funny twist; arguably making the situation more "ironic". Also, I think two of the guitarists were gay, so it felt appropriate.

I love Perfect aswell. I love how its ambiguous whether she's actually singing of her own experiences of being pressurised and unloved as a child, or someone else's. She held one note of it on at the end for like 10 seconds, just to bring several crowd members to tears.

She played several random songs aswell. One I'd never heard (I assume it was a B-side) about her travels to LA. She played That Particular Time aswell, really heartfelt.

It must have been really gratifying for her that the whole audience knew all the words to all the songs off Jagged Little Pill. Such a famously good album.

Me and Paj saw Alanis Morissette tonight.

Awesome.

She jazzed up her old songs with some new lyrics and more rocky guitars.

Uninvited = Mindblowingly good

She also changed loads of lyrics in Ironic, instead of "When you meet the man of your dreams, then meet his beautiful husband." Felt a funny twist; arguably making the situation more "ironic". Also, I think two of the guitarists were gay, so it felt appropriate.

I love Perfect aswell. I love how its ambiguous whether she's actually singing of her own experiences of being pressurised and unloved as a child, or someone else's. She held one note of it on at the end for like 10 seconds, just to bring several crowd members to tears.

She played several random songs aswell. One I'd never heard (I assume it was a B-side) about her travels to LA. She played That Particular Time aswell, really heartfelt.

It must have been really gratifying for her that the whole audience knew all the words to all the songs off Jagged Little Pill. Such a famously good album.

She's been doing the "Husband" thing for a fair while now in her live performanes, it's her bit in support of Gay marriage. I've not seen her live, but man from the videos I've seen on youtube she can sing amazingly well.

There's three new mewithoutYou songs floating 'round teh webz; stuff they've been playing at some of their gigs/christian rock festivals.

This first one is being called "David and the Angel of Death"

Next is "God, God, God" [sic]

... and lastly there's "The Beetle King"

It's hard to really form an opinion on these low-quality vids, especially without fully following the lyrics. They're also going to be recording their new album after their summer tour ends, but haven't set a deadline for themselves to release it.