NEurope

Stoner giants. Excellent band.

Everyone who doesn't know them should die.

But then again, you know about every band in existence.

But then again, you know about every band in existence.

Não cheguemos a extremos nem o caralho! (Let us not arrive to extremes, nor the cock).

Has anyone heard of the band "Mercury Rev"?

They're a bit like The Flaming Lips.

If you can, try and listen to some of their stuff. In particular, Little Rhymes. Aweome song.

Mercury Rev are great, and really good live as well :)

got 3 of their albums, my favourite album is All is Dream

Does anyone here like Kanye West? Was listening to his first 2 albums today and they are absolutely fantastic. No wonder his first album got so much acclaim; it's almost perfect.

I have his albums, they are good, Jesus Walks is probably the best rap track from the last 5 years or so

Anyone going reading?

I'm currently getting hyped for it soo badly I even downloaded Rage against the Machine shizzle in the hopes that they are making a surprise return.

They a bit iffy to me at the moment, its all about the rise against!

I have his albums, they are good, Jesus Walks is probably the best rap track from the last 5 years or so

HERESY! Besides being empty as fuck, Kanye's music is too mainstream friendly, pleasant upon first earing, easy to get over. If there's a "best rap" anything from the last 5 years, it's probably Jedi Mind Tricks...

Have just found out that Lamb of God are coming to Northampton in June for a headlining gig , and that has cheered me up immensely.

Really? I don't reckon it's even the best song on the album lol. I'd say 'Never Let Me Down' or 'All Falls Down' are better.

Anyone going reading?

I'm currently getting hyped for it soo badly I even downloaded Rage against the Machine shizzle in the hopes that they are making a surprise return.

They a bit iffy to me at the moment, its all about the rise against!

'Wake Up' and 'Killing In The Name' are two of their best songs imo. Bombtrack is awesome too.

Also, Rise Against are AWESOME! Injection and Life Less Frightening are great songs.

HERESY! Besides being empty as fuck, Kanye's music is too mainstream friendly, pleasant upon first earing, easy to get over. If there's a "best rap" anything from the last 5 years, it's probably Jedi Mind Tricks...

I agree about the mainstream friendly part, however i think it's mainly due to his upbringing that his music is like that. His music isn't going to be like other rappers (Biggie, Pac, Eminem, Jay-Z etc) because he can't exactly complain about life and talk about dealing drugs and stuff.

He is a fantastic rapper imo and some of his lyrics are incredible. Just yesterday I listened to his song 'Hey Mamma' and realised it probably has better lyrics than all of his other songs.

Rise Against are AWESOME!

QFT

Saw em live last year and they were ace. Lagwagon was better though, im still in pain!

I don't usually go for chart pop, but I really like that "How to Save a Life" song by the Fray.

I don't usually go for chart pop, but I really like that "How to Save a Life" song by the Fray.

I like it in Scrubs when the song plays over the scenes of the transplant patients dieing. Fits it well. Season 5 episode twenty something. Other than that it don't do much for me. But nothing in the charts usually does.

The charts are becoming a bit less pop-centric nowadays thankfully.

But yeah, HTSAL is a good song but a bit overdone. I teared up when hearing it used on Scrubs though.

(And yesterday I was thinking about that song and discussing How I Met Your Mother and said "How To Meet Your Life"...yup)

I want to have your babies, get serious like crazy!

Damn that song. Pure pop poision and I can't get it out of my head.

I thought that was a chart pop song? :wtf:

I thought that was a chart pop song? :wtf:

"I don't usually go for chart pop, BUT I really like that "How to Save a Life" song by the Fray."

You need to pay attention to Shorty's big but.

Rise Against are so underrated. I recommend anyone Revolutions Per Minute and Siren Song of the Counter Culture.

I agree about the mainstream friendly part, however i think it's mainly due to his upbringing that his music is like that. His music isn't going to be like other rappers (Biggie, Pac, Eminem, Jay-Z etc) because he can't exactly complain about life and talk about dealing drugs and stuff.

That's no excuse... One can make awesome rap music without talking about "hard life" or being such predictable crap as Kanye West... like Jurassic 5, for example!

Rise Against are so underrated. I recommend anyone Revolutions Per Minute and Siren Song of the Counter Culture.

Revolutions Per Minute... I agree, excellent album! Hell, even Black Masks and Gasoline alone is worth the full price of the album... However "Siren Song..." is just awfull.

l'arc en ciel's new single Seventh Heaven is so addictive. Any of you jrock fans heard it yet? (aka stefkov,Takeo)

That's no excuse... One can make awesome rap music without talking about "hard life" or being such predictable crap as Kanye West... like Jurassic 5, for example!

I'm not saying all of rap is just people talking about 'hard life'; trust me, i love rap music (guessing you like it too). I'm just saying that i think Kanye is slightly more mainstream because of his background. That said, I wouldn't say i listen to him that much anymore as I'm listening to jay-Z and Biggie a lot atm.

Also, Jurassic 5 are awesome.

Revolutions Per Minute... I agree, excellent album! Hell, even Black Masks and Gasoline alone is worth the full price of the album... However "Siren Song..." is just awfull.

I personally thought 'The sufferer and The Witness' was a brilliant album, in fact probably better than Rev. Per Minute.

I want to have your babies, get serious like crazy!

Damn that song. Pure pop poision and I can't get it out of my head.

I have had both the new Avril Lavigne and My Chemical Romance songs in my head all week. I dislike both but cant get them out.

Hey hey you you I could be your girlfriend. :(

Hey hey you you I could be your girlfriend. :(

I think sadface would be my reaction too if Avril Lavigne said that.