NEurope
Retro_Link

Zack & Wiki

Is this a puzzle and adventure game or something? Been looking at some videos and screens and dunno what to think :heh: I like the look of it with the cel-shading thing and I the campaign for his caught my attention.

Do you go about solving puzzles or is there an adventure aspect where you can go and travel about?

I think it's almost entirely self contained puzzles going by how IGN is describing it. Like you progress to a new stage and have to work out a bunch of puzzles within it, then go to the next.

Really not sure exactly though as apparently almost all the fun is in finding out how to do the puzzles so I've been avoiding media. I suppose this meansit has little replay value.

Really not sure exactly though as apparently almost all the fun is in finding out how to do the puzzles so I've been avoiding media. I suppose this meansit has little replay value.

They're adding lots of items and goodies for you to go back and collect if you miss them previously, so there should be a fair deal of replay value in there. It's apparently 20 hours to complete, but one puzzle can get you stuck for ages, hmmm.

According to GameTrailers you bump into Captain Barbaros (who is a golden skull at the time!) who has been cursed and his body strewn across the island. You agree to go find the bits of his body, eash of which seems to be contained withing a level.

So I would say level based BUT I'm guessing that there will be a lot of backtracking in each one.

I think it's almost entirely self contained puzzles going by how IGN is describing it. Like you progress to a new stage and have to work out a bunch of puzzles within it, then go to the next.

Really not sure exactly though as apparently almost all the fun is in finding out how to do the puzzles so I've been avoiding media. I suppose this means it has little replay value.

This is the one thing that has me worried about this game! Not 100% if I'll buy it or not... hmmmm

I'm sure this won't have much replay value beyond trying to beat levels more quickly. But if some puzzles are really that difficult, the first time through the game should be lenghty enough.

But what point and click game actually has replay value?

As I said, they seem to be putting in alot to add replay value. Over 500 items for you to collect is a good example, as I don't believe you need to collect them to complete the game. Sounds like there's plenty of unique items too, such as assembling the guy out of body pieces.

I wouldn't worry so much anyway, Capcom are aiming at 20 hours gameplay which aint too shabby, and I would imagine a very steep difficulty curve. Sounds to me like a winner.

I wonder how often you'll accidentally drop him. :heh:

NEVER.... not once, not even like a hundred times! :blank:

Just watched that trailer too. Its really good, in fact I wanna give the narrator a hug.

I'm really finding myself looking forward to this.

It has all the quirks a first party Nintendo title would have, added with Point & Click controls. And wouldn't that just be my favorite (deceased) genre of all time.

I also heard it's going to retail for about 10 euro cheaper.

It's so original and fresh isn't it? Thats what i like about this, nothing has been used from a previous game etc...

I love the style of it as well.

I'm really finding myself looking forward to this.

It has all the quirks a first party Nintendo title would have, added with Point & Click controls. And wouldn't that just be my favorite (deceased) genre of all time.

I also heard it's going to retail for about 10 euro cheaper.

Now that the point and click is back, we need to see the return of the vertical shmup! Ikaruga on XBLA will hopefully just be the start :awesome:

This game, since the last trailer, is giving me a lot of hype. The motive is simple: The really first gameplay adequate to the wiimote. It's the first game that it makes me saying: Thank god, the wiimote exists. Capcom seems to know what they're doing, and i just hope they can make a classic, and a great... great game.

It's so original and fresh isn't it? Thats what i like about this, nothing has been used from a previous game etc...

I love the style of it as well.

It is! I've not been too excited about gaming these last years, but it's fresh experiences like this that still keep me coming back.

This has multiplayer too?!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn...

*Takes a deep breath* Super Mario Galaxy, MP3, Endless Ocean, Manhunt 2, GH3, Dewy's Adventure, DBZT3, Lego Star Wars, Nights, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Raving Rabbids 2, RE: UC, Table Tennis, Tony Hawk Proving Ground, AND Zack & Wiki...

And that's not counting "luxury" games like Ghost Squad, NFS Pro Street, NBA Live '08.

My poor wallet...

This has multiplayer too?!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn...

Well not so much a multiplayer as... draw annoying lines on the screen instead of just telling me!

Hehehe :) No competitive mode in the works then? Still looks fun though; you try to solve a puzzle when your screen's covered with throbbing cocks...

Maybe this might just surpass Toonstruck as my favorite Point and Click game of all time, although Toonstruck is one of the only point and click games i've played other than a game by Activision called Zork Nemesis and another point and click game called Obsidian...