NEurope
Retro_Link

Zack & Wiki

I really do like the sound of this game... the only thing that worries me is re-playability... once you've completed the game, what to do after?!

play another game?

i don't know what the problem with replay value is. Most games don't have it again. I personally only completed resident evil 4 once. i only do things once really then move on

play another game?

i don't know what the problem with replay value is. Most games don't have it again. I personally only completed resident evil 4 once. i only do things once really then move on

I understand to an extent what you're saying, but Resident Evil 4 is a very different game than this... I've played through RE4 about 4 or 5 times and enjoyed it thoroughly each time as you don't have to play it exactly the same way you did before (different weapons etc).

I'm just worried that after completing this, when coming to replay it, the game is identical to when you last played it.

play another game?

But there's some games which you can just play til the end of time. Goldeneye and SSB: Melee spring to mind, imo.

that's true yes i dunno in the older 16bit days id play a game to death. now i find i have less time and get excited less and less by new releases. Probably just me though. but games like hotel dusk and phoenix wright are excellent and have no real replay value

that's true yes i dunno in the older 16bit days id play a game to death. now i find i have less time and get excited less and less by new releases. Probably just me though. but games like hotel dusk and phoenix wright are excellent and have no real replay value

However phoenix wright and hotel dusk are great for improving deduction skills which this game will be as well and for one I can't wait.

Treasure Island Z gets a crap name.

Capcom have renamed it as Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.

Treasure Island Z gets a crap name.

Capcom have renamed it as Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.

*Starts laughing...* Oh your serious.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.
The name is made worse by the fact Barbaros' isn't exactly the easiest name to say!

New name is so bad that it is awesome!! :D
:laughing: I was thinking the same.

Game should be great though. Treasure Island Z kept reminding me of Super Saiyans anyway.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.

Oh dear lord. That can't be true.

The name is made worse by the fact Barbaros' isn't exactly the easiest name to say!

It is to the portuguese mafia! We prevail once again!

If the puzzles are as hard as they are supposed to be then they can call it Shitwhip and Twonks Adventure to Wankban for all I care, it's gonna be delicious.

Capcom's report of the new name

Capcom® , a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced its first original title exclusively for the Wii™ video game system, Zack & Wiki™: Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure, an innovative, full-length puzzle adventure game that utilizes the unique control mechanics of the Wii Remote™ and challenges gamers to “play different.” Capcom plans to release Project Treasure Island Z (Working Title) this fall.

“Innovation has been the cornerstone of Capcom’s successful history ,” said Jack Symon, director, brand marketing, Capcom Entertainment. “By introducing a whole new level of interactivity, this title reinforces our commitment to pushing the limits on how people view and play games.”

Legend has it that a revered pirate named Barbaros once stole the world’s treasure and hid it on a mysterious island. Though no one knows of its exact location, stories about the untold riches that lay in wait have been passed down through the ages, driving pirates from all walks of life to pursue the alluring prizes. One of these treasure seekers, a young apprentice pirate named Zack happens upon a mysterious talking skull, the skull of Barbaros himself. Barbaros promises to reveal the key to the island, if Zack will help to lift the curse he is under.

Players will explore a variety of wondrous environments and stages, solving puzzles and interacting with the world in search of vast riches and the ultimate pursuit of becoming the greatest pirate the world has ever seen. Inventive gameplay mechanics and controller movements allow players to move and open objects, transform items, unlock new pathways and navigate through perilous stages based on a variety of themes including a jungle, ice temple, volcanic caves and more, each with multiple sub-areas. Players will use the Wii Remote controller in various ways - rotate handles, turn keys to open doors, play a piccolo and much more in order to solve the progressively difficult puzzle stages and collect key items that will lead to the legendary pirate ship.

That new name is kinda... horrendous. :hmm: It really sounds quite childish now, but heh, I'll still keep an eye on it cos some of the stuff revealed so far looks very cool.

But yes. :blank:

Worst name for decades. Really truly horrible. Still, so long as the game itself rocks.

IGN talk to hell out of this game in the latest podcast and INSIST everyone should buy it. They're hyping it up as one of the most awesome upcoming Wii games that people are likely to shrug off, so apparently they're kind of launching a "BUY ZACK AND WIKI" campaign to get as many people to buy it as possible.

I thought it looked interest but I think for now it really sounds like I should add it to my list. As a fan you can't complain that you're not getting good games on a system if you don't buy the quality titles and therefore sales of them are poor and developers don't bother making any more.

This is no doubt one of the most innovative games in the past 5 years. The whole basis of the game is completely unique, and it has a great art styles and undertones of humour to match. To me this game represents what the Wii should be about, completely unique games which are nothing like we've played before.

On the surface it looks like a point and click adventure but there really is so much more too it. It'll be interesting to see how this game sells, Capcom have put a target figure of 740 000 sales, and with how well this game could appeal to Japan I think they might just have under-estimated.

It's great new Capcom have a further 3 untitled Wii games in developement :).

You know how IGN works, they hype hype hype hype and when the game is out they're disapointed and give it a low score. Typical IGN.

Ha i can;t wait to laugh at all the doubters of this game,because this game looks so awesome.

It's my kind of game for sure.

Everyone moaning about the name.... ever think that we just get used to names? Hence why we're all happy with talking about the "Wii"?