NEurope
Retro_Link

Zack & Wiki

*Hugs Owen*

I enjoy reading your impressions from the games you import so please carry on doing so.

Just read on GoNintendo that Zack and Wiki entered the Jap charts at 29! 20 FREAKING 9! Seriously whats wrong with the Japanese gamers? First I hear they arent giving Mazza the attention he deserves and now this.

*Hugs Owen*

I enjoy reading your impressions from the games you import so please carry on doing so.

Just read on GoNintendo that Zack and Wiki entered the Jap charts at 29! 20 FREAKING 9! Seriously whats wrong with the Japanese gamers? First I hear they arent giving Mazza the attention he deserves and now this.

It's not a mini game compilation, that's why.

*Hugs Owen*

Seconded week sales have exceeded twice first weeks thus far.

Sounds to me like the lack of advertising hurt the first week, but the word of mouth is spreading :). I think the game is going to sell more then well enough for a sequel (based on hype / sales thus far) so we can rest at ease.

Look at this, I haven't even played the game and I'm praying for a sequel :P. This game has just found a place in my heart.

*Hugs Owen*

Thanks dude! Another great member! ;)

29?!!! Thats pathetic. Seriously it's one of the best Wii games. Great graphics, style, humour, extremely polished and is already using the Wii-mote in great ways only 4 levels in!

AND Mario not doing well! Hopefully it will pick up. Perhaps Nintendo should have released it in Europe first then, to people who actually really want it.

Sounds to me like the lack of advertising hurt the first week, but the word of mouth is spreading :). I think the game is going to sell more then well enough for a sequel (based on hype / sales thus far) so we can rest at ease.

Look at this, I haven't even played the game and I'm praying for a sequel :P. This game has just found a place in my heart.

Thats good to hear. Judging from the reviews and the passion that has gone into creating this game it deserves to do well. Wonder if it will do well over here in Euroland....

Do you have a source for that? I REALLY hope it's true :D

Infact, maybe Zack and Wiki sales are hurting Galaxy's sales?

Do you have a source for that? I REALLY hope it's true :D

Infact, maybe Zack and Wiki sales are hurting Galaxy's sales?

It's in a Japanese magazine so I can nay provide a source. Will try get my mate in Japan to do some scans if it's in English, but I won't be up late enough to speak to him until the weekend :). Hopefully it'll break onto the internet sooner.

And no, I don't think Zack and Wiki is hurting SMG's sales. I don't think anything will, it's been out for one day for God's sake, Jesus Christ.

From GoNintendo

The man behind Gears of War, Cliffy B, is telling everyone to go out and buy Zack and Wiki. He’s been a long-time Nintendo fan, so no doubt he has an opinion on the subject! The best thing about the story is how he’s spreading the info. He posted it as a MySpace bulletin.

I'm surprised Nintendo haven't resorted to the viral marketing strategy via blog entries on MySpace, random accounts with videos on YouTube along the lines of ZOMG tizz TEH Gaim of DA 4evA!!!

Zack and Wiki has been delayed: http://wii.nintendo.co.uk/18542.html

It's not just a another title down the pan this year it's a AAA title.

What we're left with now is Super Mario Galaxy and mediocre titles for the rest of the year.

It's been such a mess this year from Excite Truck to Elebits, Trauma Center to Super Paper Mario and now a pile of titles that would have given the Wii a couple more quality titles this year (most are probably better than most titles already out!) are now piled up for early 2008 along with No more heroes and Smash Brothers which were originally 2008 titles anyway.

For the rest of this year mos of them are impulse buys for me apart from Super Mario Galaxy now.

If this has been delayed to 2008 then Nintendo have just wrecked my christmas!!

Most people would probably have asked for this game as a gift from others I'm sure.

Cheers Nintendo. Yet again you piss everyone off. That's another step backwards.

:(

In brief can someone explain to me why this game has gotten so much attention? I really don't have a clue about this game, what are its defining features? It just seems like another platformer to me.

Totally went under my radar.

WTF!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Omg i'm so upset by this :( This was quite easily the game i'm looking forward to the most after Galaxy aswell....:(

Thank you for your awesome post iron flame.

you_win_the_prize.jpg

In brief can someone explain to me why this game has gotten so much attention? I really don't have a clue about this game, what are its defining features? It just seems like another platformer to me.

Totally went under my radar.

It's a point and click puzzle game that makes awesome use of the wiimote.

Somethings happening, Australia has had around 4 big wii titles delayed till 08 today!

Excellent! Now I may be able to get it.

But now early 2008 is piled up I was going to get this for Christmas too.

Bah typical, I was gonna get it for Christmas as well.

Thank-god for Mario Galaxy, hey?

I mean if it wasn't for that and Sonic+Mario olympics, Europes 'Wii' Christmas would be a complete shambles.

Darth_Vader_NOO.jpg

Nooooooooooooooo! That is seriously lame...

Man, I'm really really annoyed now. I guess it's one less game I have to buy durign the busy period, but still. This was one of the games I was most looking forward to. AND it's already out in America.

Grr.

And I'm even more jealous of Owen and Maiky now.

What an absolute farce.

Still got Phantom Hourglass / Metroid Prime 3 / SMG / RE:UC / Guitar Hero III to tide me over, but I really wanted Zack and Wiki :@. Gonna be a big crush in 2008s line up now.

Ah phoey it's delayed. And about 4 titles getting delayed in Australlia, 2 weren't gonna be out this year anyway :heh:

Nintendo strikes again..(pats my 360)

Ok so ill survive the wait but boy this sucks.. hmmm.. wasnt there a "why does nintendo hate us" thread somewhere?

I'm actually a little happy its delayed, i had a lot on my "Must buy" list and was worried bout my bank account before Xmas... this'll help a little bit