NEurope
Goron_3

NEW No More Heroes Video!

I'm one of the (lucky) few who loved Killer7, although I still don't have a clue whats going on...

Its obvious other personalities were killed in the Hotel (at the end of the game), and perhaps Harman/Garcian has a way of absorbing his victims personallity. I think....

I'm already loving No More Heroes, its the third party game i'm looking forward to most.

This video is AMAZING! When I saw the first trailer, I was like WOW and I still am. This game will be unique and amazing.

This game looks awesome!

I've never really liked GTA-style games (except GTA3), but i'm starting to change my opinion after watching that trailer.

:D

Travis has that ever-popular "I've smoked since I was nine and survived a war" voice now. Great, I guess.

I can't wait to get the feel of chopping people in half. It looks amazing.

Arrousing

Fucking hell. As Killer 7's biggest fan I can happily say I want this more than sex.

*cough*

Looks cool. Really stylish, too. Is it supposed to be that dark though? IGN's screens look brighter and more detailed than the video.

This looks so awesome. For a moment I was worried it might look and play like GTA but it's more like a free-roaming killer7 it seems.

I wonder though why they don't offer sword slashing with the Wiimote. It wouldn't need to be very complex, it worked in Zelda as well.

But I'm confident that Grasshopper will choose the best suited controls.

problem with suda is that he subsitutes art over gameplay. So usually expenting a pretentious gaming art + stuff that will appeals to teens. Shame as the style looks cool...but so were games like Killer and XIII before I played them :( Anyway, glad its good to be optimistic. Suda is the opposite of Myamoto. So take yor pick

This looks so awesome. For a moment I was worried it might look and play like GTA but it's more like a free-roaming killer7 it seems.

I wonder though why they don't offer sword slashing with the Wiimote. It wouldn't need to be very complex, it worked in Zelda as well.

But I'm confident that Grasshopper will choose the best suited controls.

They do [A] button = basic sword attack

[slash with wiimote] = sword finisher

button + other gestures] = wrestler moves

@blender:- Killer7 had such simple but effective gameplay, I enjoyed it more than metroid prime tbh

Yeah, I think this system will work well, I'm sure in the issue of Edge that had this in they explained the reasons behind that choice of system.

Grasshopper will held a conference called Hoppers Vol.2 in April the 14th 2007 in tokyo Cpub Asia P and Vuenos

Attendees:

- Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) Konami

- Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil) Seeds

- Fumito Ueda (Ico, Shadow of the Colossus) Sony

- Hifumi Kono (Steel Battalion) Capcom

- Keiichiro Toyama (Siren, Siren 2) Sony

http://www.grasshopper.co.jp/hoppers/

- Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) Konami

- Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil) Seeds

- Fumito Ueda (Ico, Shadow of the Colossus) Sony

- Hifumi Kono (Steel Battalion) Capcom

- Keiichiro Toyama (Siren, Siren 2) Sony

Everyone worth listening to in one place. I'll be watching.

problem with suda is that he subsitutes art over gameplay. So usually expenting a pretentious gaming art + stuff that will appeals to teens. Shame as the style looks cool...but so were games like Killer and XIII before I played them :( Anyway, glad its good to be optimistic. Suda is the opposite of Myamoto. So take yor pick

I thought XIII was an amazing game, Spent many multiplayer hour playing it.

That's an exaggerated view on it. It's not like Suda 51 makes you experience games where you sit there for hours and stare at the artsy graphics. Because you don't. You still have to play. And some times, play hard.

Killer 7 was on rails, like Star Fox 64. I enjoyed both of them. As I saw it, Killer 7 avoided me having to waste time trying to open doors that didn't open. In other "sand-box" games (GTA, True Crime), you roam around in places where you only interact with certain things. Most doors are just decorations and many buildings are off limits.

I expect the same thing will happen in NMH, but that won't be a real problem. The game itself will probably give you hints as to where to go and how to get to what you need. That's how it was in Killer 7. And in practically every Miyamoto game.

And yes, thankfully we can "take our pick" as to what games we want to play. And NMH looks amazing and probably will play amazing as well.

@blender:- Killer7 had such simple but effective gameplay, I enjoyed it more than metroid prime tbh

I was actually too lazy to properly elaborate on my point.

The sword action with the Wiimote is limited I think. As I understood it during fights you attack with A and define the height of the attack with the Wiimote. Now while this certainly is a cool concept I think some Zelda-esque swordfighting would be cool as well.

For instance have Zelda-esque fighting when roaming the city but once you do one of the main mission the controls change to the more complex A + Wiimote style.

Looking good! the only thing that looks horrid is his motorcycle looks like a buggy that belongs on the moon.

Looks great, but it doesnt look like it runs well.

Maybe with your PS3 glasses on, it seems great to me.

Maybe with your PS3 glasses on, it seems great to me.

He is right. Framerate stutters badly in some places, but you must remember also, that the video is from alpha build. If I remember correctly, first Killer 7 videos featured also choppy framerate.

The only stuttering I see is in the bike section, for example, he's fighting multiple enemies and there's no stuttering at all.