NEurope
Goron_3

NEW No More Heroes Video!

Bluddy hell! This is going to be something really special...it already is!

Can't wait for this.

Nope... no art there at all... Hecker was on the money... no art on the Wii alright... (end of sarcasm)

OMG Suda51, I knew it would be you to do it as well

I had my first WOW moment, it was along time coming and Suda51 managed to do it for me.

Thank you :)

This is my most anticipated Wii game!!!

Any news on when it is out?

Looks lovely. Suda 51 says that this game will tackle social themes like Killer 7 did with political themes. Which means it'll have a deep, well thought out and confusing plot to go with those lovely visuals. This is the game that made me buy a Wii.

1173370673324.jpg

For one of our final Game Developers Conference 2007 stories, we had a chance to talk to renegade developer Goichi Suda -- best known for Killer 7 and the upcoming No More Heroes -- before his speech titled "Punk's Not Dead," and we got our hands on a copy of the new No More Heroes trailer from that presentation.

The topic of Suda's speech is how he doesn't like seeing games that all seem similar. "Currently there are too many of the same styles of games hitting the market," he says. "If we continue at this pace, I'm worried that game 'culture' will die out. So with that in mind, I'm going to talk about the games I've made in order to reverse this trend. Killer 7 will be one of my main topics."

Taking that one step further, he says, "The industry needs independent games with small budgets. The industry needs to foster an environment where independent game developers can make games that don't cost so much to make that they threaten the developer's very existence. I'm 39 years old now. In Japan now there are no young, 20-something year old stars in our industry -- that worries me."

But enough about the speech -- we're here to show off the new No More Heroes trailer, which presents far and away the clearest example yet of how the game plays. For those who haven't been following the game closely, it looks a lot like Suda's previous game Killer 7, but takes on a much more action oriented gameplay approach.

So what are those actions? "The basic slash is on the A button on the Wii Remote, and you can do a finishing slash by actually doing a slash motion with the Wii Remote, and there goes the enemy's head," he says. "By holding down the B button and combining that with a motion, you can do a number of cool wrestling moves."

Looks awesome. The swordthing and bikething look amazing.

edit: Until now, I thought this was a Capcom game...

watch that Framerate though. Hope it would improve.. but why show an unoptimised version..

To generate hype, and the second they optimise a video, the second Suda51 will be optimising it.

Fantastic! I already love the theme tune :heh:

Seriously though, if that sword fighting is really accurate this is going to be immense. It looks like the first true epic game to take advantage of the wii properly. The art style is superb, i love unique and different. There's something about it which reminds me of Shenmue in a weird way too, which is one hell of a good thing to say.

I will play anything by Suda51... I can't wait for this game!

Finally, Suda 51 ended by stating that Grasshopper was currently working on three titles for the Nintendo Wii, one of which is the previously announced No More Heroes, published by Marvelous Interactive. The amiable game designer then dimmed the lights and proceeded to show off a stunning trailer for the upcoming assassination-fest. Check out all the murderous action in our media section below.

Sounds interesting (IGN)