N-Europe

GTA IV

AshMat

GTA always has and always will be THE most over rated game series in the history of videogames....bar the first two. So scrap the always has! All the 3d ones!

You played it? I never really understood the whole 'GTA is over rated' thang. I can understand not liking it, but can you not appreciate everything that's gone in to the game and what it has to offer?

I really want to play this right now but my 360 broke and Microsoft are getting it repaired by a monkey and sending it back 1st class on a snail. So in conclusion: fuck everyone playing the game.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This getting perfect scores and over taking games like Ocarina is a complete insult to class!

Agreed. There's just too many problems. Some things have a lot of effort put into them, but other things are just badly done. Important things like the online structure and the car physics.

I'm rather disappointed at the new cop "chase" structure. I'm sure I read that there would be actual chases, not the "easily drive away and just hope more cop cars don't respawn in front of you" system nabbed from Scarface.

He's on the TV at the start of the game if you watch the comedy channel for a bit.

Oh...does the TV just have one channel? but different stuff each time?

Agreed. There's just too many problems. Some things have a lot of effort put into them, but other things are just badly done. Important things like the online structure and the car physics.

I'm rather disappointed at the new cop "chase" structure. I'm sure I read that there would be actual chases, not the "easily drive away and just hope more cop cars don't respawn in front of you" system nabbed from Scarface.

Yeah the cop chases are more evade them until they stop chasing and hope another one doesn't appear before you get out of the zone.

Oh...does the TV just have one channel? but different stuff each time?

There's various different channels. Flick through and you'll get random different channels. Some things are much more common than others, though.

Guest Jordan

I love how people are taking this game at complete face value without playing it abit.

I've just hit the first pivitol point of the game, the storyline is really picking up and i can start to see why its gotten so much praise.

GTA always has and always will be THE most over rated game series in the history of videogames....bar the first two. So scrap the always has! All the 3d ones!

This getting perfect scores and over taking games like Ocarina is a complete insult to class!

Actually it's my opinion that OOT is one of the most overrated games in history, so with GTA4 overtaking it, I don't see it as much of a problem.

You are this forums ultimate Nintendo fanboy, you are the Nintendo version of Caris.

Now we've got Mr Sony and Mr Nintendo...who is Mr Microsoft I wonder.

Guest Stefkov
Now we've got Mr Sony and Mr Nintendo...who is Mr Microsoft I wonder.

I'd say Jordan.

I love how everyone nitpicks this game.

I was doing it today, saying what was bad about this game. But the fact is, there's too much good with the game you don't remember any. The bad things stick in your mind.

I am here to declare that GTA is over-rated!

1209331001589.jpg

It isnt. Jump off a bridge :)

Nitpicks?

The car physics, online structure, music, cop chases, iffy cover control and poor autoaim during combat aren't nitpicks.

The car drives nice once you get the hang of it, the online is amazing, the music is pretty good. WTF IS WRONG WITH THE COP CHASES? Cover control is annoying, but standable, and auto aim, fuck auto aim, AIM LIKE A MAN!

I've only played for about 4 hours but so far, I don't think this game is much of an improvement over the PS2 games. Is there something wrong with me or something wrong with everyone else? I find the missions rather boring so far. Go somewhere, shoot someone, come back. Mmm.

So far it's nearly identical to the PS2 games but with little extra elements like the TV watching and getting drunk, which are nice, but for me don't do anything other than create a standard sequel.

Better than OOT? No way. No way no way no way no way no way... so far.

Is the music made up again (similar to GTA3)? I haven't heard a single song I recognize on the radio. Playing freebird on the radio in San Andreas and crusing through the countryside was amazing. I want countryside in this game too!

I'm also kinda annoyed that there are still so few pedestrians on the streets. Mind I'm still only in the first area (Dukes?), perhaps the streets will get busier when I reach the times square equivalent?

I suppose I'd probably like this game a whole lot more if I wasn't so hyped for it by the rediculous review scores.

Nitpicks?

The car physics, online structure, music, cop chases, iffy cover control and poor autoaim during combat aren't nitpicks.

Wow of all the things that could be legitimate problems with the game, the music? Wow thats all.

Wow of all the things that could be legitimate problems with the game, the music? Wow thats all.

The soundtrack is ace. The only problem with the radio stations is the absence of DJ-fucking-Lazlow. Seriously where the hell is he?

I'm enjoying this game except the free mode online... I find it really boring, why is it that everyone wants to do that? Also I'm constantly disconnected from team ranked matches -- I don't think I've completed a whole game yet.

I'm enjoying this game except the free mode online... I find it really boring, why is it that everyone wants to do that? Also I'm constantly disconnected from team ranked matches -- I don't think I've completed a whole game yet.

Yer the free-mode online is a load of shit, cops n robbers or team deathmatch be the best. GTA race is also good, i prefer that to most race games that are out lol.

My online is working perfectly, havent had any disconnects or anything as of yet.