N-Europe

Pancake Day!

AshMat

Pfft, Pancake Day is way better then that crap-fest known as Valentines. It doesn't make anyone feel bad, anyone can get involved, it is fun and you get to eat loads. What is there not love?

I thought a crêpe was basically the same as a pancake, but with fancier fillings. ::shrug:

Anyway, sugar and ton of lemon is my filling of choice and I'll probably be eating pancakes for the rest of today.

A crêpe is bigger and a lot thinner than pancakes (at least the American ones). Never seen pancakes being eaten/served around here.

I could point out to my parents that it's pancake day and ask for crêpes, but I don't think it's going to work. =(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thinner than a pancake and there would be nothing there, I'm pretty sure what you call a crepe is what I call a pancake - nice and thin, none of that fat crap the Americans call pancakes!

Just had mine. They were lovely - filling of choice... has to be sugar and sultanas, yummy!

Yayyyyyy!

Dad just asked what I wanted for dinner and I said it was Pancake Day, so now we're gonna get pancakes/crêpes/whatever for dinner! =D

Dad is now gonna go to the store to get the ingredients for the batter, as well as some thick syrup (we ran out of that, though we still have our three kinds of sugar for filling). Yummy!

Homemade pancakes are the best everrrrrr!