Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

If You Were Nintendo How Would You Improve The Wii?

ZeldaFreak

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was Nintendo I would of invested in researching technology like the cell - maybe not to the extent like the cell but something comparable to it.

And I would of created a controller similiar to 360 - I find that to be the best pad for gaming needs.

Oh yes and maybe lower licensing fees by nintendo. Wouldn't of hurt either.

No wonder you have a nasty taste in your mouth with your tongue so far up Sonys ass.

^^ yeah have to agree there they seem way too expensive.

I agree there. Or at least make some games better than the original release to make it worth it.

I think the whole lets create a new controller. Is like saying lets reinvent the wheel for reinventing sake.

If the old method worked then theirs no reason to change it.

Yeah there is! to go with the new revolutionary system! and it make it more user friendly!

If everyone thought like you we'd get nowhere!

- hmm... this D-Pad works fine for controlling games, lets not bother creating an analogue stick!

- hmm... this horse and cart gets me from A to B, sod the Car!

I think the whole lets create a new controller. Is like saying lets reinvent the wheel for reinventing sake.

If the old method worked then theirs no reason to change it.

Define what you mean by "worked"?

If we didn't change the controller, we'd still have a classic joystiq, or a NES pad. It's always been changing. Even the wheel has been changing. Tyres, for example. It becomes improved.

The controller is different to past controllers, but it is still a controller. A television remote is also a controller, as it lets you control something, in that case, what you want to watch. The 'shape' of the Wiimote is different to past 'videogame' controllers, but so is the 360 to the Xbox, so is the N64 and GC pads.

It's always changing. Infact, the only ones who haven't really changed the controller all that much have been Sony. It's a more "under the bonnet" thing rather than a visual change. Does it work? Hmm, it's debateable.

Define what you mean by "worked"?

If we didn't change the controller, we'd still have a classic joystiq, or a NES pad. It's always been changing. Even the wheel has been changing. Tyres, for example. It becomes improved.

The controller is different to past controllers, but it is still a controller. A television remote is also a controller, as it lets you control something, in that case, what you want to watch. The 'shape' of the Wiimote is different to past 'videogame' controllers, but so is the 360 to the Xbox, so is the N64 and GC pads.

It's always changing. Infact, the only ones who haven't really changed the controller all that much have been Sony. It's a more "under the bonnet" thing rather than a visual change. Does it work? Hmm, it's debateable.

ok maybe I should of defined the term "worked" as in enabling to move an object through a 3D space. Do you understand?

ok maybe I should of defined the term "worked" as in enabling to move an object through a 3D space. Do you understand?

Vaguely. :heh:

As Fanman says, you can do that with the Wiimote and Nunchuk. It's not as if the games are unplayable. Infact, the whole point of the system is to make things easier, which I do think it is doing.

I just think the change has come at the right time. For Nintendo, especially. I think things were just becoming a bit static.

-Microphone in the Wiimote

-Themes for the main screen (still possible)

And probably nothing else. Of course you can say "I want HD". OK, cool, so you want the console to cost an extra 200$? Nice. Better Graphics? That's up to the the devs and the cost is also related? More games? The console is like 2 months old, wait a while won't you?

Maybe Im being a bit on the paranoid side here, but my post was sarcasm all the way. 3 months is not long enough for any console to have an astounding range of games, especially when it had next to no 3rd party support at the start of its conception (My main gripe with the GC).

As far as I am concerned Im happy, early adoption of a new format always starts slowish...

There is always room for improvement, but Nintendo are doing well for now, who knows what they are up to, they always have something on the back burner (Most likely some plan to counter a certain future PS3 price drop).

There are more positives than negatives this time round:

The release of the console was quicker than ever for the European audience.

The inclusion of Wifi when all other consoles are making you pay through the nose for it.

The inclusion of free online services (Nintendo promised it and they are delivering, maybe slowly, but it is there).

A cheap entry level for all to gaming.

The seemingly daily attraction of new 3rd parties due to innovation.....Lets face it, if they had have followed the home console technology roadmap of the other 2 rivals, they would have been dead before they started.

The technology can do a lot more than it has demonstrated to date....improvement will come with time.

This is a transitory console, first we had the joystick but was ultimately left for the D-pad which appealed to more people, than the analogue stick, and now motion sensing. As the years progress, devs and people will learn how to use it and be familiar with it.

Vaguely. :heh:

As Fanman says, you can do that with the Wiimote and Nunchuk. It's not as if the games are unplayable. Infact, the whole point of the system is to make things easier, which I do think it is doing.

I just think the change has come at the right time. For Nintendo, especially. I think things were just becoming a bit static.

But for me Red Steel was almost unplayable.

Zelda yes but everything it did could of been mapped on to a button for the sword. Arrows were yet again annoyingly frustrating to get right just like on the N64 days.

Rayman well what can I say its a minigame collection with some decent minigames and yet some annoying minigames which are far too sensitive for the wii's game controller.

I would have loved a hard drive so that Nintendo could really expand the downloadable content! It wouldn't need to be a big one, maybe 5 or 10Gb!! I really think it would have been worth the extra money and I doubt it would have made the console cost that much more!

But for me Red Steel was almost unplayable.

Zelda yes but everything it did could of been mapped on to a button for the sword. Arrows were yet again annoyingly frustrating to get right just like on the N64 days.

Rayman well what can I say its a minigame collection with some decent minigames and yet some annoying minigames which are far too sensitive for the wii's game controller.

With Red Steel, it depends on who you talk to. I personally loved the controls and got into it quite easily, but it's criticised on the control front, so it's a love-hate thing.

I personally loved the Wiimote controls in Zelda. Aiming with the bow was pretty easy, I thought, and the speaker was used quite effectively. I think if I was pushed into choosing which version to play through on a second run, it would be the Wii version again. There's no going back for me. :D

I agree, the Wiimote can be supersensitive, especially in some of the super monkey ball multiplayer games. Gah, it pisses me off. But, the whole multiplayer was quite shoddy, imo.

Still, the way I see it, sensitivity issues will be ironed out. It's a new concept, and that means it'll take some getting used to. But, I found the aiming using the bow in Zelda to be a lot more intuitve than the aiming in some of the monkey ball games. I have faith that it will improve.

I would have loved a hard drive so that Nintendo could really expand the downloadable content! It wouldn't need to be a big one, maybe 5 or 10Gb!! I really think it would have been worth the extra money and I doubt it would have made the console cost that much more!

Maybe they'll have the option for an external usb one in the future...

I'd rename it Revolution, or go back in time and never call it Wii.

A serious one though, I would MAKE BUTTONS CUSTOM MAPPABLE ON THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE SO PEOPLE CAN PLAY ALL THEIR GAMES WITH A GC PAD.

Sorry for the caps, but it REALLY annoys me, it'd be simple to fix too, surely?

Id have made an extra cable or something, so that when the wireless fucks up, you can still play it.

Something along these lines too, the option to wire in the CC, or even Wiimotes, and of course a rechargeable function for the wiimotes.

EDIT:Also been mentioned, but some decent online, or even some online, with no friend codery. DVD support should have been included too! Support for direct read/write from SD cards! Codec support for videos/audio!

Arrows are easy to fire in Zelda unless you've got spastic arms. And Red Stell might be unplayable due to a crappy developer.

Metroid 3 could be awesome. But you wont give it time. Wii's crap. But you've got all the time in the world for PS3 to get some games.

Maybe its where my sensor bar is but keeps flashing around the screen, even when you hold your arm straight.

The only game I am willing to wait for is brawl and super paper mario. The first won't be available in the uk until 2008 & the other we haven't got a clue to what its like.

Maybe they'll have the option for an external usb one in the future...

The problem is, if it is external then it isn't standard and so it probably won't be supported by most developers!:hmm:

I really think Nintendo missed a huge opportunity...

The problem is, if it is external then it isn't standard and so it probably won't be supported by most developers!:hmm:

I really think Nintendo missed a huge opportunity...

Yeah, but an official nintendo one that fits in the usb drive at the back. Something similar to the hd dvd drive on the 360 (not 100% sure how that works, but you get the point). They could make an update on the wii, so it would only recognise a wii console instead of pcs to solve the security issue.

It would obviously just be an expansion to the internal memory, instead of having lots of sd cards.

Just a though. :hmm:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!