Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Crazes

Dark Wolf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah. The last craze I witnessed I think was the skateboarding one. I didn't really get into it, but I remember everyone wanted to wear baggy trousers and act so cool, skating along. It was a time when Tony Hawk's 2 was the bee knees, and people thought Avril Lavigne was the best. Makes me cringe thinking back about how lame people were.

It was all about Football 94/95 stickers. Jesus, that was nearly 13 years ago :/

Yo-yos, tamagotchis, pogs (star wars tazos, mate) and then the awesome Pokémon cards.

Good times. Poor times.

I never finished a football sticker book. I collected the stickers for a few seasons, but never finished the book. :(

I also had some power rangers stickers, although they died a death pretty quickly. Football stickers were awesome, though.

"I'll swap you my Alan Shearer shiney for your Middlesborough team sticker, your Aston Villa team picture, your Arsenal badge, your Newcastle badge, the top half of your Wimbledon player, the bottom half of your Man City player, your house, your car, your soul."

I ain't exaggerating. That was how religious football stickers were in my school.

*chokes*

I'm sorry, what?

Bard, i like to think we have a mutual understanding, even if we got off on the wrong foot and yeah, we can argue sometimes ;)

That reeeeally pissed me off when people did that. I never once saw a card battle take place, because everyone just used the cards for trading.

It wasn't exactly the easiest game to learn, I tried and couldn't understand the purpose of those stones or anything.

I remember when Pokemon Cards came out, I was never a part of it because I found it boring... about a week after they came out everyone in my primary school had them and I walked out onto the playground with a few friends and we looked around.

There were about 20 huge circles of kids dotted around the playground, all of them playing pokemon cards, 2 people playing in the middle of the circle and the rest watching and trading. It was like something out of the twilight zone. I was grateful for it though because it meant me and my friends could have a game of football without everyone getting in the way. Ha football was good, there were always 3 games going on at once on the same pitch.

I miss my school days :weep:

Basically all been mentioned. Boglins, Biker Mice From Mars, Premiership stickers, Monsters In My Pocket, Tamagotchi, Yo Yo's, Pogs, Pokemon and Fingerboards.

I still fingerboard though, so wasn't exactly a craze for me. They got banned after about a week though and I had many a 99p fingerboard taken off me by dang teachers. Tech Deck's are where it's at though. Sturdy and they've got pop and concave and all those bells and whistles.

Pokemon cards lasted a while, but some girl got hundreds of them stolen off her so the school banned everything Pokemon. Damn craze nazi's.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!