NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Haden

All kind of good things (Not a suicide thread!)

Hey guys this is just a thread to say goodbye to everyone at N Europe.

I joined way back in the day in the Cube Europe purple era! And have really enjoyed my stay here. These forums have always had quite a homley feel and I enjoyed the various personalities from back in the day. The uber leets, FEF, Svt4Him, Darkcloud etc etc. It also provided funny times such as the am I the only girl thread. Jordan and his 10,000 posts, Ford Prefect losing his rag. Bowser 57 Odwin Haver and Athriller have all been top notch in the humor department.

It has been a great place to discuss games like with Metal Gear Solid that thread recieved so much positive love. Something maybe people in the Zelda thread could learn from lol. Had some great ds online games with some of you people to! Although redshell is a scum bag to damn good... :p I really enjoyed talking about the wii here as well and the hype on launch night and the various E3s was super.

I have enjoyed my time here and want to apologise for starting like 4 different stories or games and never finishing any of them lol hope you enjoyed bits of them for the ones I at least started unlike poor mobwars.

Most importantly Ive met some really nice people here. If I forget you in this list slap me im sorry if I do. Tom is probably my best pal from here even though I barely talk to him on msn now hes a really nice guy whose gone through a lot. Flinky is a legend and I enjoy our late night convos a lot hes an asset to this place. Raining Again is a really cool girl who used to post here a lot. Moria is a class guy who I want to whip at an FPS one day, he has drinking skills to put me to shame. Blackfox is a really nice chap who I talk to on msn occasionaly again a cool guy. Retro Lover is a funny guy check out his youtube page and he loves PW legend. Wee yellow bloke loves horror movies which is something to be comended. Konfucious for making my sig and having good taste in games!

The 3rd Children is a friendly guy and revealed the adventures of pete and pete to me so kudos. Dante for his laidback attitude and news posting. Ashley I never really talk to but I think he gets to much heat from you guys and maybe me at times he makes tough calls and nerely always gets them right. Don Shabba is a king among men! I will edit this post tommorow when I realise who I have left off but thats all I can think of for now. Oh heres one right now Takeo! The only guy apart from a staff member on here I played against on live thanks for the game!

I just wanted to say that there has been a lot of bad blood in this board recently. And a lot of people saying the good days are gone. I would just like to say that they arent. The days are what you guys make them. Dont be so quick to start arguments and dont harbour grudges with people. And if you want to liven things up a bit post something cool or think of ideas from a different angle. These boards are still great and you can make them better. Enjoy this community its a really special one.

So anyway im basically off as I have more resonsibilities now. I have a dissertation to hand in soon and I have found someone I really love. Anyway I may be back one day and if your on my msn doubtless I will be about. I will probably post in this thread tommorow morning just to add some people who I should have thanked tonight.

Thanks to everyone and well goodnight for now :kiss:

I know I say this to everyone who goes but nobody ever answers.

Why are you leaving? It's the internet. It'll always be here, your subscription won't run out, the site won't fade away, we don't disappear when you turn your computer off. So you have more responsibilities, does that mean you'll never come online again? And when you do, can't you take ten minutes to make a post here or there? All you have to do is pop in less often.

Well, if you're completely certain you want to go - then goodbye! You're one of the few names I remember from a long time back so it'll be a sad thing, of course. Enjoy that dark, ominous wild animal that is life.

Be sure to pop back in sometime. The door is always open, unless you're the Ganondorf in which case it should have been closed to begin with.

Good luck with stuff mate.

(I'll never understand this big leaving thing though. Is there a curse on this forum that causes your computer to explode, killing you or what?)

Bye Haden, like the others I don't really understand why people feel like they can never come back instead of just not coming on as much but it's your decision and I'm sure you'll be missed.

See ya

Wow Haden, although you didn't mention me (part from the top bit...) it'll be weird without you around since you've been here for fucking as long as i have.

Please pop by again soon.

I understand if someone loses interest in the forum and just leave, but I don't get why people leave all of the sudden as choice. You are a reasonable person with interesting posts, I would prefer you to stay but if that's it, bye.

Why are you leaving? It's the internet. It'll always be here, your subscription won't run out, the site won't fade away, we don't disappear when you turn your computer off. So you have more responsibilities, does that mean you'll never come online again? And when you do, can't you take ten minutes to make a post here or there? All you have to do is pop in less often.

The whole thing is just an attention seeking, ego-boosting exercise. He posts a leaving thread, everyone tells him how much they love him, what a great member he was, and how much he's going to be missed. Then he turns up again in a month's time. Or maybe I'm just being overly cynical?

The whole thing is just an attention seeking, ego-boosting exercise. He posts a leaving thread, everyone tells him how much they love him, what a great member he was, and how much he's going to be missed. Then he turns up again in a month's time. Or maybe I'm just being overly cynical?

No you're not, lots of people who leave come back after a few weeks, not to say they're all attention seeking though.

Although it was obvious that the guy that was Solitanze obviously wanted to see what people thought of him when he announced his departure and then returned the next day.

Always a shame to see people leaving the forum.

Even though I don't know you much,hope you come back again.

Better see you on msn sometime! Thanks for the mention.

Though he is right in some ways, there has been a bad mood lately.

Shame to see you leaving, hope you'll come back one day.

I wish you the best of luck with your dissertation as well as life overall.

Well, if you feel you need to leave, then I wish you luck. You're a great member, even if you didn't finish your stories... :wink:

Sign in to follow this