Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Anakenobi

I'm watching my housemate play Knights of Cydonia on easy. She was absolutely awful yesterday and couldn't even finish slow ride, but she's suddenly, by some divine miracle, turned into a guitar hero goddess overnight.

I've never seen such a serious facial expression on ANYBODY whilst playing a game before. This is comedy gold.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching my housemate play Knights of Cydonia on easy. She was absolutely awful yesterday and couldn't even finish slow ride, but she's suddenly, by some divine miracle, turned into a guitar hero goddess overnight.

I've never seen such a serious facial expression on ANYBODY whilst playing a game before. This is comedy gold.

Haha, especially as she's only playing on easy! :p

I did it, i broke another brick in the wall (pardon the pun) out of place.

I post this before you now as a man who has magically beaten Knights of Cydonia on Expert mode, wohoo... of course i needed star power to help me stay alive through the HO/PO section, but WOHOO, felt bloody awesome when i finally survived that part, i just knew there was no way i was gonna mess up now...

...now if only i could beat the other songs...and of course Lou on hard still taunts me :heh:

Same here. Did all the songs in the first 2 scenario's on the first or second go, but "Rock n Roll All Nite" took about 12 attempts! That song was stuck in my head for ages, which was very very unpleasant. :shakehead

Hmmm hope your not like me and get stuck on same old song and dance on hard for a fortnight! I'm now stuck on cherub rock the 3 fret chords on it kill me!

Wohooo, Stricken beaten on Expert mode, now just Before I Forget and 3's & 7's to go.... i get to about 40% on Before and barely 10% of 3&7's

Can't believe i got past Stricken, was doing ok till the middle of teh song, again one of those mad HO/PO sections... thank god for Star Power, outro of teh song was a little tricky too, finished the song while flashing red, but a least i finished it, yay :yay:

EDIT:

I don't frackin believe it, i was playing Lou on hard mode i got all 3 of the first 3 power ups, (lefty, difficulty up, amp overload) I waited a bit for a good section and use all 3 at the same time, BAM, I beat Lou I actually did it, the "Now Finish Him" sign flashes up, the outro to the song starts....the problem, I went into the outro while my meter was flashing red, yeah that's right, dispite beating Lou down I still lost, holy crap, WHY :cry:

After not playing it for ages I picked it up again a couple of days ago and have now completed medium.

Have no idea how I'm gonna do hard mode! How do you guys do the fingering, move your whole hand down and then use your index finger for both green and red?

After not playing it for ages I picked it up again a couple of days ago and have now completed medium.

Have no idea how I'm gonna do hard mode! How do you guys do the fingering, move your whole hand down and then use your index finger for both green and red?

I slide my whole hand down so that my first finger is on Red, etc. Then, I slide back up.

But, there are a couple of songs where, for instance if I'm playing a green and orange note (bulls on parade intro), I just keep my index on green but tap the orange with my little finger.

I'm doing pretty alright on hard. I've done a ton of songs on quickplay mode. Was very chuffed to do a pretty decent run of Cherub Rock. However, I've noticed that I suck on solos that use all 5 buttons. :(

After not playing this for a good while (last year last time I played I think) I went back on and tried Slash again, failed in a matter od seconds. So I redone a couple of songs to trying and edge my way into it again and but didn't to well on them either.

Then I went back to Slow Ride and done the first song one each list and then I started getting good again, tried Slash again and after a few attempts I beat him. Finally after all this time I beat him in my 3rd go after a long break. Now I can finally advance in Hard mode.

Also my fingers where pretyt cold when I started and ti felt I cou;dnt move them as fast so that might of been a factor.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!