Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Anakenobi

Anakenobi you have the worst sig/ comment I have ever seen. Remove it and pretend it never happened. I'm embarrased for you.

You get "embarrased" easily. Don't know what is so shocking about the sig. It's basically saved me having to explain stuff to the ones that used to make fun of the name. I understand that it's outdated these days, when hardly anybody (except that Saria geezer) makes pissing jokes. So I don't really need it.

If you can make me a signature that doesn't "embarrase" me, I'll remove it and take the one you make.

Otherwise..... shush!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7112/1/NGamer_Reconfirms_Guitar_Hero_Wii

Nintendo News | NGamer Reconfirms Guitar Hero Wii

Quick News: With Activision previously stating key franchises, like Guitar Hero, making their way to next-generation consoles, NGamer magazine has confirmed the existence of the franchise on Wii:

"Cult rhythm game Guitar Hero is on its way to Wii. It comes with a guitar-shaped controller and plays convincingly enough to make you think you're making real music."

Should be great!

I would like a new guitar hero, since I have the ps2 versions. And include the best songs from 1 and 2 :P But seriously, they just need a plastic case where you put the wiimote and then you tilt it and the guitarist does the same. How awesome would that be. And useless!

I would imagine they would make a guitar extension which plugs into the same port as the Nunchuk / Classic Controller.

yeah, maybe it will slot into the top of the guitar and allow for motion sensing etc... then you could use it to point for menus etc...still?

yeah, maybe it will slot into the top of the guitar and allow for motion sensing etc... then you could use it to point for menus etc...still?

That would be perfect! That is the best way to go logically. I can't really see them using just the Wii remote as a guitar. But hey, we are not game developers are we? Hope it comes out end of Summer/early Autumn.

That would be perfect! That is the best way to go logically. I can't really see them using just the Wii remote as a guitar. But hey, we are not game developers are we? Hope it comes out end of Summer/early Autumn.

Maybe. As long as they keep More Than A Feeling in the track listing. : peace:

Maybe. As long as they keep More Than A Feeling in the track listing. : peace:

I love you man. In a manly way, not like the way I love Eenuh.

You know what I'd like? A Vib Ribbon like function where the game reads your CD's and allows you to play along to them. Would be nice I suppose.

And also impossible.

• 3 weeks later...
Just seen this on Cubed3.com

Looks like we will be rocking away come the end of the year then!

yeah I read this on gonintendo, shame we are going to miss out on GH2 but great news that we will likely be getting this at the same time as the other consoles.

Wii gets Guitar Hero 3!

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/779/779325p1.html

Guitar Hero 3 this Fall

RedOctane FAQ may have spilled the beans.

US, April 9, 2007 - Guitar Hero 3 is coming to PS2, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii this fall. That according to Guitar Hero co-publisher RedOctane's site. In its FAQ section, RedOctane answers a common question: "When is Guitar Hero 2 (II) Coming? Will there be GH 2 for Wii, PS3, XBox, Xbox 360, etc?" The answer goes above and beyond the call of duty, announcing that Guitar Hero 3 is coming later this year for all major consoles.

The official answer reads:

"Guitar Hero 2 for Playstation 2 launched 11/7/2006, Xbox 360 launched 4/3/2007 and both items are shipping now. Please check http://www.guitarherogame.com and http://www.redoctane.com for the most rrent information.

Guitar Hero 3 for the Playstation 2, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii are currently scheduled for release in the United States in Fall of 2007."

It should be noted that the FAQ answer, which numerous message board readers began linking to this evening, is not an official statement or announcement by co-publisher Activision or developer Neversoft. Activision and RedOctane could not be reached for comment at time of publish.

Great news!

It's not an official from Activision but it's pretty good! plus Activision have already talked about their increased Wii support and Guitar Hero in some form has been rumoured on Wii for a while now!

It now seems that game will be the third installment!

It was bound to happen with the Wii's success!

I like how they are still releasing it on the PS2 - not sure if thats a compliment or a slap in the face for Sony.

But great news! As long as there are some nice songs, of course :)

Why would it be a slap in the face? The PS2 has a massive fanbase. Imo...it'd make more sense to release this on the PS2 than PS3.

..it would only be a slap in the face if it was a system seller really.. people would be like 'wow.. I must get a PS3 so I can play this rad game.. cowabunga like.. no wait dude.. I can just get it for my PS2 which, like, I already own.. no 425 dabs for you, Sony.. dude..'

Sony: '..man.. that's cold'

I have absolutely no idea why I wrote all that. None.

Guitar Hero III Wii using Guitar Controller

"It will be similar to a guitar you've seen in the past," says RedOctane.

by Rob Burman, IGN UK

UK, April 16, 2007 - In an interview with IGN, RedOctane's co-founder and president Kai Huang has confirmed that the Wii version of Guitar Hero III uses a guitar peripheral and has online elements.

Guitar Hero III is scheduled to hit PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii in Autumn this year. However, many were left wondering whether the Wii version would require a guitar peripheral - like previous Guitar Hero titles - or utilise the console's Wiimote.

While the development team is still exploring innovative ways to use the remote, Kai Huang told us: "We are really excited about the Wii game because there are so many options for the Wii remote. However, you will play the game with a guitar peripheral and it will be similar to a guitar you've seen in the past."

He also confirmed that Guitar Hero III on Wii contains features included in other versions of the upcoming game - such as online play and downloadable music.

You can read the full interview with Kai Huang about the Guitar Hero franchise later today.

Okay, now that starts me wondering what kind of guitar they'll use for the Wii version. PS2 has the SG, X360 has Xplorer. Maybe the Wii will have a Flying V or a Firebird. Makes sense to keep with Gibson guitars. :)

I like how they are still releasing it on the PS2 - not sure if thats a compliment or a slap in the face for Sony.

The PS2 has over 100 million owners, it's a bit silly not to release a game on it :heh:

Still, I had no idea GHIII would be coming so soon. I hope each console doesn't have exclusive songs or anything like that. Otherwise I'll...I'll... Buy them all :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!