Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Does anyone here seriously follow a football team

Ant-Shimmin

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, Oxford United. Couldn't buy a season ticket this year though because of work, but I still manage to go to most games, home and away.

Why am I always shocked to find another Oxford United supporter. Perhaps because the patience of saint is required to cope with the constant stress they inflict. :heh: Anyway, yeah, they're my team, although the number of games I go to has dwindled in recent years due to not actually living in Oxford most of the time, but I still try and keep up with news and see them when I can. They seem to be following a familiar pattern this season of promising start followed by a bit of a decline and struggle towards the end. :( I still have faith Jim Smith will turn it around though, I mean come on, teams like Oxford United don't belong in the conference. That honour should belong to the likes of Swindon.

I support whoever England are playing. :heh:

(and Celtic)

You sound so much like my dad there it's scary.

football: a sport where the hugely overpayed players spend 90 minutes pretending to be hurt and acting like prima donnas... a sport that's filled with both corruption and racism, where fans are so violent and prone to hooligan tendencies that the two support bases have to be segregated. A sport that's so mind numbingly dull you can spend 90 minutes and it can still end up 0-0. Chavball, a game where you can swear at the ref and each other on the pitch, where you learn to hate opposition fans and where there has been so much violence it's a wonder it hasn't been banned. It can be summed up by Newcastle fans I think calling the manager of the other team 'tumorboy' and saying 'Why couldn't you have died 3 years ago' (when he did have a tumor). The sport is filled with lovely little pieces like that.

So yes... in my opinion, CHAVBALL. A simple, racist, dark ages sport that is prone to fans and players disrespecting both each other and the referee.

I have nothing against FOOTBALL, it's professional football where my problem lies.

Pretty much the view of any Scottish person, maybe, but not Celtic, Celtic have fans all over the world.

When I say celtic I don't mean the team. I mean Celtic people as in: Welsh, Irish, Scots.

football: a sport where the hugely overpayed players spend 90 minutes pretending to be hurt and acting like prima donnas... a sport that's filled with both corruption and racism, where fans are so violent and prone to hooligan tendencies that the two support bases have to be segregated. A sport that's so mind numbingly dull you can spend 90 minutes and it can still end up 0-0. Chavball, a game where you can swear at the ref and each other on the pitch, where you learn to hate opposition fans and where there has been so much violence it's a wonder it hasn't been banned.

So yes... CHAVBALL.

I have nothing against FOOTBALL, it's professional football where my problem lies.

I'm not corrupt or racist, I'm not violent or prone to hooliganistic tendencies (that's only a very small percentage of (mainly English tbh) fans. I don't find it mind numbingly dumb, you get sent off for swearing at the ref, I don't hate opposition fans.

Did I say every fan? No.

"mainly english fans" LOL, what a stupid thing to say. And you say you don't have racist tendencies? Hooliganism is a worldwide thing.

You don't get sent off for swearing from what I've seen.

And you're just special.

I realise no football fan will agree with any of what I said, it's my opinion and the reason I prefer proper sport.

Did I say every fan? No.

"mainly english fans" LOL, what a stupid thing to say. And you say you don't have racist tendencies?

You don't get sent off for swearing from what I've seen.

And you're just special.

I realise no football fan will agree with any of what I said, it's my opinion and the reason I prefer proper sport.

Think back to Euro 2000, who were the only fans to 'do' any hooligan-like things? The English fans. As I said, its only a very small minority of them, the majority of fans are actually fans, the hooligans aren't fans, they're hooligans.

I'm not racist, I just don't like them :heh:

Look as I said, it's probably madness to come onto a football thread and belittle the sport, especially since every person on here is likely to have a dig at me.

There are hooligans worldwide.

Attitudes like what I said above (tumorboy, why couldn't you have died three years ago) are everywhere in chavball.

Those are my views. I'm sure you don't agree with them.

I just think it's sad supporter's can be so violent and hateful they have to be segregated. In the sport I love mixing and having a banter with fans is one of the things that makes it great.

Right, off to the pub to watch England hump Scotland...

This coming from a Celtic fan? LOL. Celtic and Rangers are the real disgrace to modern football.

We are, care to explain?

I can say one thing, Celtic fans weren't given a fairplay award for how many people they beatup. Sadly hooliganism is apart of the sport, you English should know that beter than anyone, being so good at it.

We are, care to explain?

I can say one thing, Celtic fans weren't given a fairplay award for how many people they beatup. Sadly hooliganism is apart of the sport, you English should know that beter than anyone, being so good at it.

At least we 'beatup' people over football. Not religion. :mad:

I'm an Arsenal fan and have been to many many matches, Highbury, Emirates and away. This includes massive matches like three FA Cup finals and the Champions League final in Paris. I had a season ticket this season and went as much as possible (don't actually live in London) and I have one this season along with my father but as I don't see him anymore because of a lot of crap I haven't gone for a while.

I personally think those who don't like football have this horrible stereotypical view that it is full of hooligans and chavs looking for a fight...

Well it isn't...

Football is the worlds No. 1 Sport, the passion, the game, the result on the weekend plans your outlook on the week ahead, I am going to show you something for those that think football is nothing more then a hooligan chav infested sport

I personally think those who don't like football have this horrible stereotypical view that it is full of hooligans and chavs looking for a fight...

Actually i just think it's a shitty sport.. the proffesionals will dive at anything, it's boring, and it takes over the television channels.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!