N-Europe

Wii-mote 2?

Retro_Link

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. It's a joke with all this redesigning crap. Make it good in the first place and you wouldn't have to.

I don't feel there's anything wrong with the current model, so it's not like something's drastically wrong with it in the first place that we feel the need to purchase the upgraded model.

That's the way I see it. I'm pretty happy with the motes we've got already.

One thing just came to mind:

Perhaps these changes aren't for a "new" Wii Remote.

Most of your fingers are on the battery cover, right?

So, it could be a rechargeable battery (built into the battery cover - like the Joytech ones) with rubbery grip on the outside part...

This keeps me wondering why they couldn't have rechargeables in the first place.

I can understand why the redesign it though.

They know it could be better but if they changed the design it would look less like remote but by the time of the redesign the should have attracted their "new audience" already and won't intimidate them.

I'll most likely get a new one for me.

So, it could be a rechargeable battery (built into the battery cover - like the Joytech ones) with rubbery grip on the outside part...

When do the joytech ones get released? They still aren't, are they?

P.S.: Hasn't anybody thought about why the Wiimotes do have this two "notches" (correct word?) on the sides (one on each) like you would be able to put it in holder (correct word?), e.g. for recharging....?

When do the joytech ones get released? They still aren't, are they?

P.S.: Hasn't anybody thought about why the Wiimotes do have this two "notches" (correct word?) on the sides (one on each) like you would be able to put it in holder (correct word?), e.g. for recharging....?

1. 1st March, According to Amazon £19.99 (£24.99)

2. You mean the "Zapper" slots? (the shotgun attachment thing shown at E3)

Are they still going ahead with releasing that "Zapper shell" despite being completely pointless?

There was an analogue stick on it, wich would make FPS a whole lot easier. Just use the cotnrol stick to walk around and the gun to aim, and you've got the simpelest setup for FPS-gaming. So it isn't completely pointless.

I just hope they don't make a new one more expensive, and cut the old ones, it's pretty expensive as it is already! Thought, a few things I would like would be recharability, recharging through some sort of USB cable and hopefully you could charge it off the wii itself that way.

I'd like better speaker quality, but I don't think that's likely to happen anyway. One thing I've been wondering on that front, does anyone know how it transmits the sounds from the console to the wiimote?

One thing I've been wondering on that front, does anyone know how it transmits the sounds from the console to the wiimote?

Streams the audio via blutooth.

Anyway, because of the accessories like the Zapper, I doubt the design will change much. I still think it's more likely that the "New Remote" is just a Battery "cover" with a built-in rechargeable battery and rubber backing.

Streams the audio via blutooth.

Anyway, because of the accessories like the Zapper, I doubt the design will change much. I still think it's more likely that the "New Remote" is just a Battery "cover" with a built-in rechargeable battery and rubber backing.

The reason I asked is because I was wondering, what is the maximum achievable quality that they could get using that method, with least delay and such? I don't really know alot about sound tech.

Changing the material from that glossy plastic to something more grippy like slightly rubber would be good, but would there be any problems of the rubber wearing down? Of it getting grubbily dirty? I've already noticed dirt has started appearing in the creases of my wiimote :(

I bet a new feature will be an LED battery indicator. I've seen shavers cost £20 just for this added feature.

I doubt they will change the shape of the controller as it needs to fit all those lame addons like steering wheels.

I thought the current wiimote already gave battery status with the amount of flashing lights when you press a button with the console off.....couldnt see N adding extra LEDs for that.

I reckon they will add Videoplus to revision 2 though.