NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The Friend Zone

Yeah, this has been spawned from the meaningless post thread zone.

This is a rotten curse that is hard to break. Nothing is worse than being in the friend zone.

What is the friend zone?

Take a look around you. Look at your friends. Spot the blokes. Wait...there are no men in sight? Only breasts as far as the eye can see? Are you single? Do others consider you to be...a nice guy?

Welcome to the friend zone.

When you're being refered to as "the nice one" or "awww, he's nice" without ever being given a woman's phone number or so much as a wink towards your way, then you know you're buggered.

The problem is, you are too nice. You are constantly a shoulder to cry on for women. Women see you as the one they go to when they're upset. In romantic comedies, this all works out fine in the end. But, thats where the similarities end. You see, women won't touch you with a shitstick, because "you're their friend." They wouldn't want to "hurt your feelings."

Step forth, oh lonely ones. Share your experiences of this awful, awful place.

Most of my friends are actually male. Probably due to the shift of gender being caused by work.

Best way to break out of the friend zone of celibacy; get a bit drunk on a night out, think positively (ie you are hot), act positively and good stuff happens. Happened for me about two weeks ago.

I had an all girl Friend-Zone last year, but since jumping ship from drama to writing, I seem to have discovered something faintly worse - now without my own 'Zone, I have become a lodger in another type of Zone. I'm not sure what it's called but I have friend with The Good Kind of Zone. Unfortunetly it's not my zone. It's HIS zone. No matter what happens HE gets whatever wanders into HIS zone. I end up being not so much his wingman, more like his ground crew.

I suppose though, he is a very eye catching person, as he does look like a jewish vampire. By comaprison, I am just A Guy. Mr Normal. No worries. Right in the head. Ack, I gave up 15 months a go. I'm happy just to buy the drinks for now.

Oh, this reminds me of so many times down the pub back home, where when talk turned to the latest relationships I would be told, "I don't get why your still single, your quite cute and funny" by female friends. Uh-huh, right, I see. Then when I finally did get someone (someone who was a friend no less) I got "Ah, you dont need her, you're too good for her". Left me utterly confused. Then I got dumped with the lines "You're really quite sweet and understanding, but I'm not sure I want to go out with you, I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for". WHAT!!! So once again I dropped back into the dark abyss of the friend zone.

Man, Scrubs did an absolutely awesome episode regarding the Friend Zone.

That is an amazing episode, I love their depiction of the Elliot's friend zone.

Hey -- wait a minute. Why does this apply to me so very well? Fantastic, I'm in the Friend Zone. Lucky me.

I just means they are not interested in you in. Nothing more. Being yourself is most important.

Other people would kill to be with you. And girls just wanna have fun.

its bogus at one point last year my two best mates were seeing someone and 2 other mates i was the only single guy there..i get on with all the girls..and when they bring out a new girl to hang out it seems like pressure is on me to chat her up etc. I hate pressure i just go with the flow so i just chat to them and if things are going right and seem to have stuff in common then i ask out somewhere etc.

Out there somewhere, on these here vast internets, is a ladder theory, related directly to the friend zone theory, I can't remember where I saw it though. Does anyone know about this ladder theory I'm talking about? It details how women have ladders in their minds which works it all out, I know this sounds real weird, but trust me, it makes sense when you read it. I forgot, there's ladders for both genders, that's why I was mixed up on the number of ladders, I think theres two for women but 1 for men, because ultimately want to screw anything female.

You caught me out, I was just too bloody lazy to even look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladder_theory

Read this because it actually is very interesting and amusing too and related to the matters at hand, but may turn you into a bitter(er) and cynical(er) bastard

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

And if you're currently pining for that girl, be warned this will not encourage you to ask her out, for fear of rejection. However, if you never make the jump, you will never get out of the zone.

(P.S Take it with a pinch of salt, not too literally, I think it's half joke half truth, though it does make alot of sense...)

I used to be in this place too, then suddenly I was popular and could get gf easily, noww I don't even have any female friend. Bah.

I have been in a situation when a friend who happens to be female I have fallen for but she just wants to be friends. it's tough but you just gotta get over it and meet someone else :)

I feel this. I think it's great how women say they want someone who's nice and funny and all that bullshit. The stuff you are, but then go for the "bad boy" who has a motorcycle and bollocks like that.

Yea, I'm very much aware I'm in this zone, a few days ago I got the kiss of death from a girl I've been meeting up with and seeing alot of recently. I was half expecting it seen as we kinda knew each other a few years ago, but it was still a tad annoying.

However their are benefits that make up for it. Girls make great friends generally, and provide endless hours of amusement with their lack of common sense. Plus your female mates have friends from home, when they come round, they've already heard of you, and obviously you must be a great guy to be one of their friends friends. It almost makes it too easy.

Oh I was in there but I escaped and now it escapge time Boom anti friend shot!

Ah, the "Friend Ladder". My biggest problem.

I'm considered "the nice guy" (the girls in the flat above mine had a picture of me on top of their xmas tree), most girls I meet treat me nicely. But that's as far as it goes, I get stuck on their Friend Ladder.

And no, I've never had a girlfriend. "I think we should just be friends". I hate that sentence.

I would most probably be in this zone if I actually knew any girls but living in a shithole village being hated by most people at school and being on an IT course at college means I don't meat many.

I did once like one of my friends once but thats all she ever was and then she went out with my mate and now shes going out with the guy who used to bully me and I am generally shit scared of.

I would most probably be in this zone if I actually knew any girls but living in a shithole village being hated by most people at school and being on an IT course at college means I don't meat many.

I did once like one of my friends once but thats all she ever was and then she went out with my mate and now shes going out with the guy who used to bully me and I am generally shit scared of.

haha, freudian slip right there my friends! That made me giggle quite alot lol. You see how she's ended up with the bully? The ladder theory is too true! I find it very hard to believe there aren't many girls in a whole village, or even at your college though.

haha, freudian slip right there my friends! That made me giggle quite alot lol. You see how she's ended up with the bully? The ladder theory is too true! I find it very hard to believe there aren't many girls in a whole village, or even at your college though.

It depends in the size of the village. Back at home, theres around 3 legal girls in the whole village.

The friend zone is a curse if you keep yourself to that circle of friends...Make a break, get out to places you dont normally go for the nightlife, enjoy yourself, dont act too desperate and things will happen.

The main problem with women is that they don't put any thought into their rejections. Heres my latest one:

"It was lovely to see you too, and you're definitely a nice guy but I just think of you as a friend. Please don't take offence as you're a great guy and someone I'd like to bump into and chat to, but I just don't see you in that light.

Hopefully, I'll see you around and I hope you can be fine just being my friend!"

Seriously, I'm almost glad nothing happened, I couldn't bear to go out with anyone that unoriginal and conventional. If theres any girls reading this, please just for once, make up a random excuse, the guy will feel just the same, and at least you won't come off as dense and uninspired.

I just read through the Ladder Theory, and I agree with everything in it. It's gospel as far as I'm concerned.

I feel reading through it will help those that tend to often fall into the friend zone, which does happen to nearly everyone I would have thought.

Cheers for posting that link though Rummy, was a good read.

See, is it any wonder why so many of us men are bitter? Women really mess with our emotions.

Sign in to follow this