NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The Friend Zone

T-shirts just seem a bit of a cop-out to wear on a night out. Well, it's always nice for us to see women wearing sexy stuff on a night out, so surely they like to see us wearing sexy shirts? I got quite a few compliments about the shirt I was wearing when I last went out...but hang on, is that good? Or is that back in the "friend zone" again?

Ahhhhhhhhh! *head explodes*

what about socks?

Make sure they're simple black socks, no Homer Simpsons or anything. Chances are though if you're successful socks won't get much of a look in. Poor socks.

Yeah, socks pretty much don't get the recognition they deserve. I mean, they keep our feet warm, dammit.

A major criticism of the Ladder Theory (intellectualwhores.com, 2002) is that the theorist himself has little experience of being with girls himself and has been stuck inside his own "friend zone" for the whole of his life. To truely evaluate whether the Ladder Theory is taking place a study would need to take place which takes a sample of men and watch them when they are with girls over a number of years. The girls that these men interact with would need to be periodicly interviewed as to their feelings about the men, although this would bring uncertaincies in itself as they may not wish to divulge their true feelings about the men in an interview, possibly a way to get the girls true feelings would be to place an undercover operative amongst the group of girls.

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

you are pretty much the only person i can talk to now days, even if it isnt the same as how it used to be

Dyson says:

Really?

Dyson says:

I wish I could make things the way they used to be

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

me too

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

if i had one wish

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

it would to do tht

Dyson says:

I agree, I miss it like hell

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

yep

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

sucks

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

=[

Dyson says:

=[

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

o well

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

nothing we can do reallly..

Dyson says:

Heh, to think it was all my fault too

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

not really

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

with what happened between me and you?

Dyson says:

Yeah

Dyson says:

If I hadn't of said anything we wouldn't have had the problems we had

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

if i hadnt reacted so bad

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

like i sed tht when you told chole and laura they didnt care

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

but when guys tell me they like me i dunno how to react! and its harder when its your best friend

Dyson says:

But I should've known that it was kinda more of a big deal to you I guess

Dyson says:

Exactly

Dyson says:

Also there's something called the Friend Zone

Dyson says:

Ever heard of it?

ッ_ Emo Kitty _ッ says:

yeah lol

Dyson says:

Yep

Dyson says:

If I'd known about it before I'm pretty sure I'd have kept my mouth shut

Ta-da.

10char

haha.. Interesting conversation. Although pretty hard to read when you have that nick.... wha about removing the 24s with notepad? [find "24" replace with " "]

Most of the time it's good to be "just friends" girls can be a pain in the ass sometimes, as can guys, but in different ways. I'm single (again :D) and not looking, so I generally tend to avoid girls that are. Not that they'd go for me anyway :heh:

A major criticism of the Ladder Theory (intellectualwhores.com, 2002) is that the theorist himself has little experience of being with girls himself and has been stuck inside his own "friend zone" for the whole of his life. To truely evaluate whether the Ladder Theory is taking place a study would need to take place which takes a sample of men and watch them when they are with girls over a number of years. The girls that these men interact with would need to be periodicly interviewed as to their feelings about the men, although this would bring uncertaincies in itself as they may not wish to divulge their true feelings about the men in an interview, possibly a way to get the girls true feelings would be to place an undercover operative amongst the group of girls.

Does anyone have any real proof of the background of the guy who wrote it on IW? I'm not aruging in any favour here, just wondering for the facts. Like I said, I think people need to not take the ladder theory too serious, though Dyson has just posted something in support.

Would I be right in thinking the two of you were best friends and you wanted more and she didn't and it scuppered everything up?

Does anyone have any real proof of the background of the guy who wrote it on IW? I'm not aruging in any favour here, just wondering for the facts. Like I said, I think people need to not take the ladder theory too serious, though Dyson has just posted something in support.

Would I be right in thinking the two of you were best friends and you wanted more and she didn't and it scuppered everything up?

That's exactly what happened.

Does anyone have any real proof of the background of the guy who wrote it on IW?

No, I was just expanding on what Diemetrix said on the previous page (and showing of my sociology skilzorz at the same time). :heh:

haha. Moria, you sounded real pro.

I "study" sociology but I'am far from as clever as you are when using my knowledge.

a lot better dyson. reading "24" 24 times 12 times was quite anoying :p

That's not to deny it's awesomeness :wink:

haha. Moria, you sounded real pro.

I "study" sociology but I'am far from as clever as you are when using my knowledge.

I was just using as many big words as I could think of (I gunning-fogged it and it came out as 18, which means to understand it properly you should've had 18 years of education, not sure how accurate it is).

I suck at sociology as a girl in my class so kindly pointed out, apparently there's no point in me revising as I'm going to fail anyway and I'm the worst in the class. I'm not in the friendzone with her anymore, but would that be a good thing, after what we've been talking about?

Nice site.

In experience.. Leaving the friendzone and becomeing a "acquaintance" doesn't move you in the right way. It wil even lessen the chanse of becoming any thing more.

I was just using as many big words as I could think of (I gunning-fogged it and it came out as 18, which means to understand it properly you should've had 18 years of education, not sure how accurate it is).

I suck at sociology as a girl in my class so kindly pointed out, apparently there's no point in me revising as I'm going to fail anyway and I'm the worst in the class. I'm not in the friendzone with her anymore, but would that be a good thing, after what we've been talking about?

Well it was good enough that I thought it was a quote from somewhere, nice job with the reference though you lost marks for not citing in full at the end :heh:

Not being in her friendzone means you have a chance with her, but if you hate her, it is irrelevant. Being friends/knowing a girl isn't enough to qualify for being in the friendzone I think, not if she'd consider you as something sexual, then you are not in the friend zone, despite knowing/being friends.

Well it was good enough that I thought it was a quote from somewhere, nice job with the reference though you lost marks for not citing in full at the end :heh:

Not being in her friendzone means you have a chance with her, but if you hate her, it is irrelevant. Being friends/knowing a girl isn't enough to qualify for being in the friendzone I think, not if she'd consider you as something sexual, then you are not in the friend zone, despite knowing/being friends.

Heh, thanks, I was surprised how well it came out actually. :heh:

I'm actually quite good friends with that girl, she was joking but it just came out wrong, I speak to her quite a lot. This friendzone thing is confusing. :hmm:

I think we all need to take advice from Rufus Wainwright here (cause obviously he's the best person to ask about dating women...)

"If drinking coffee is you're idea of being cool

You can't expect no crazy chick to notice you"

I've got a lot of female friends, and i guess i'm in the friend zone. However, unlike the majority here, i'm far too into myself at the moment for a proper relationship, I've got a couple of friends who can be persuaded after a drink or two too let their hair down, if you get my drift. All the fun, with no emotional connection - WIN.

I've got a couple of friends who can be persuaded after a drink or two too let their hair down, if you get my drift. All the fun, with no emotional connection - WIN.

Win Indeed.

I just got in from taking a lovely girl out for the day.

We met around 1pm and went for a drink and had a nice chat. The we decided to go on the London Eye which was pretty good as it was a clear day in London today.

After that we took a walk down the south bank and headed into the tate for a walk around which was also pretty good. Some crazy stuff in there!!

After that we walked to leicester square (quite a long walk) and went for another drink and then decided we should eat so we went into TGi's on Leicester sqaure and had some food.

As we came out we noticed there was a premier going on.... Leo Di Caprio's new film? anyway we hung around for a bit but it was too cold so we went into another cinema and saw Night at the museum which was awesome, I loved it.

After that we headed home. It was a lovely day and im now staying round hers friday night :D

I just got in from taking a lovely girl out for the day.

We met around 1pm and went for a drink and had a nice chat. The we decided to go on the London Eye which was pretty good as it was a clear day in London today.

After that we took a walk down the south bank and headed into the tate for a walk around which was also pretty good. Some crazy stuff in there!!

After that we walked to leicester square (quite a long walk) and went for another drink and then decided we should eat so we went into TGi's on Leicester sqaure and had some food.

As we came out we noticed there was a premier going on.... Leo Di Caprio's new film? anyway we hung around for a bit but it was too cold so we went into another cinema and saw Night at the museum which was awesome, I loved it.

After that we headed home. It was a lovely day and im now staying round hers friday night :D

That my friend sounds like an utterly amazing date. Wish I could experince one of your dates :love:

That my friend sounds like an utterly amazing date. Wish I could experince one of your dates :love:

Well come over to London and I will take you out darling :kiss:

However it did cost me a bit.... London Eye £30 for both, Meal £28 for both, Cinema £30 for both...yes its £15 a ticket to go to the cinema in Leicester Square. (the tate is free :D)

However she kindly paid for the cinema as I paid for the rest.

Sign in to follow this