NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The Friend Zone

Not really. Unless.......

Unless you make a big thing of it getting emotional pushing the targeted person away, only to turn around and say I love you. Which probably only works in movies.

In my experience, no. It's an utter curse of a situation, and more than likely permanent.

The question is.. is there escape from the friend zone once one has found themself in there?

Not really. Not unless you meet some completely new people.

if they're new then it's not the friend zone though. in order to escape you'd have to reverse the situation with friends you already have

Bullet to the brain seems like the easiest option.

Or go get a girlfriend. You'll notice when that happen the friend zone ceases as people realize your not entirely retarded relationship-wise.

If you want something you'll never get it. Turn your mind away from it though and tomorrow it'll be all over you.

The question is.. is there escape from the friend zone once one has found themself in there?

I belive there is an escape. But it's not easy. And it really depends.

I think there's a gril I could get which I currently am in the friend zone with.

But I'm not single at the moment.. I'll be sure to update you guys in the future :laughing:

..loved the terminology - but i dont think thats true... cant really say why.. but i just know

Criticism:I have lots of male friends who would never think of me that way blah blah blah.

Answer:Your friend doesn't find you attractive, or he's currently doing better, or he's gay or you're wrong.

IF A MAN FINDS YOU ATTRACTIVE YOU CANNOT BE FRIENDS

Many women want to argue this point and say things like " I have lots of guy friends." Maybe. There are exactly 3 cases Intellectual Whores has identified whereby a guy and a girl can be friends:

The guy is gay

The guy does not find you attractive.

The guy already has a woman much higher than you on the ladder

Even Nietzsche knew this. Most guys know this intuitively. Most girls doubt. I have a challenge for all of you girls who still doubt. Pick a guy who does not meet any of the criterion on the above list that you think is your friend. Then ask yourself this question: If you were both alone at his place one night, and you excused yourself to the bathroom and came out naked and asked him to have sex with you would he:

Tell you he doesn't want to risk the beautiful friendship you have created with messy physical entanglements.

Comply

Remember this only works if you are honest with yourself. Number one is of course something that guys hear all the time. Intellectual Whores refers to it as the Kiss of Death. It is more likely that he will jump you eagerly.

You argue with the theory!

I believe not, hence why it is such a terrible place to be!

Though, alot of people are saying they don't have alot of girl friends(two words), what's worse, knowing lots of girls and being in the friend zone, or knowing no girls and thus not being able to be in a friend zone, but you don't know any girls.

I would agree. A man seldom/never has a hot girl in his friendzone.

Offcourse he can have hot friends.. but they won't be in his "friendzone"

It'll cost you though.

Sorry for my profanity earlier on... I thought it was going strike-through the stars, but obviously not...

But you can make that 4 now.

Good point. If anyone knows of a Prison Break style way of escaping the friend zone, please let us know.

Eenuh, screw that guy, go out with me instead. I can make it worth your while!

I expect this applies to almost everone on the board.

It's a tricky business. The stereotype has often been that "gamers don't even talk to girls." How often have we heard that?

But, what it looks like is, many of us are close friends with girls, but we are always that...close friends. Never more.

You gotta just act like a gentleman at all times. The girl I'm going with, we spent a good while in the "friendzone," then we got a break, a spark, something and :idea: bingo. Happily ever after is currently ensuing.

Even if you get nowhere else than being friends with a girl, its better than being hated by her. And you can never have to many friends. :smile:

Good point. If anyone knows of a Prison Break style way of escaping the friend zone, please let us know.

Eenuh, screw that guy, go out with me instead. I can make it worth your while!

I don't think you're in for a long distance relationship though. Cause they're expensive and all that.

Also, I got another trip planned to meet said guy, so I don't think I can take you up on your offer. Sorry. =P

Well one thing to try is to try making the friendship more physical. Not sex, kissing etc. But hugging, stroking, massaging. And allways be the persons that cares, wonders hows shes doing and the person she can share things with. You have to to all this without trying to hard... And one day she'll release what she has infront of her.. OR the guy that she really fancies does something stupid to make her sad, then she'll find comfort in you.

Well one thing to try is to try making the friendship more physical. Not sex, kissing etc. But hugging, stroking, massaging. And allways be the persons that cares, wonders hows shes doing and the person she can share things with. You have to to all this without trying to hard... And one day she'll release what she has infront of her.. OR the guy that she really fancies does something stupid to make her sad, then she'll find comfort in you.

I'm always hugging my friends. And I sometimes massage them. that just makes things worse. As for the comfort thing. That would probably work but I'm never there when they need comforting.

According to ladder theory, those are all the sorts of things keeping/putting you onto the friend laddder :heh:

Of course, Ladder Theory is just a theory, and in no way sound or 100% correct.

I went into town today and bought another shirt. I figured, if I'm going to attempt to escape from the zone, then I would need a vast array of party shirts.

First: Shirts

Second: Freedom.

The ladder "man" Makes some points but it's clear that he has little real experience with girls or he has only found him self in the friendzone. Little real perspective.

I went into town today and bought another shirt. I figured, if I'm going to attempt to escape from the zone, then I would need a vast array of party shirts.

First: Shirts

Second: Freedom.

Shirts, as in the "proper" kind rather than t-shirts, do not necessarily make you look better on a night out. People think they look smarter, but to me they're just faux-mal (formal).

Don't forget trousers too.

Sign in to follow this