N-Europe

Music theft...

Bogbas

I think it's wrong, though I can see how they can get away with it.

Also, it could be that they just had the same idea. I know it happened with a mate of mine. He made some riff for his guitar. I was all... dude that's the riff from 'Filip' by Muse. He hadn't heard of Muse before :/

Also, it could be that they just had the same idea. I know it happened with a mate of mine. He made some riff for his guitar. I was all... dude that's the riff from 'Filip' by Muse. He hadn't heard of Muse before :/

That is possible, I mean there are only a limited number of notes in music so occassionally they might be put in the same combination more than once by pure accident. But in this case, listening to the tracks it looks like this is a pure rip off, it is exactly the same in every way shape and form which is just plain wrong.

A similar thing happened to my sisters friend Graham. He spends much of his time sat around in his room mixing tracks, releasing bootlegs and mash-ups and occassionally Dj-ing around a few places around Oxfordshire. Anyway, remember that one hit wonder track by a group called Wiseguys called 'Ooh La La', it got fairly high in the charts back in the late '90's. Well Graham worked with those guys for a while and basically produced that track but got no recognition for it or any royalties. He was pretty pissed off for a number of years, so I can see why this guy is pissed off.

ah why the hell not, most of you steal the music anyway, so you condemn him for doing somethin you already do? pssh sit down.

But we don't then release that music as our own track, make millions off it and never give the person who actually came up with it a penny.

and that makes it right?

I have multiple hobbies and they cost a lot of money, and I love music. I can't pay for ALL the music I like. The music industry is asking too much money, which makes me download music for free. And don't tell me all the downloading is the cause of that. The music companies still make tons of money. So, in my opinion it wasn't even wrong to begin with.

I love that song, so much.

The problem is based on two things. Firstly, price (in that its often too expensive) and secondly music companies not providing customers with what they really want. Always on cds, there are ommissions of KEY songs just about every time, people have no option but to resort to piracy. For example, say you buy an 80s compilation disc, they always have the usual well known songs, but there are perhaps lesser well known songs you're after but they aren't featured on just about any cd. You don't want to be spending hundreds of dollars just to get all the songs you want.

Thinking about it, companies are a piss take when it comes to buying music.

Theres more DRM on music from iTunes than clothes on a nun in winter for gods sake.