N-Europe

Car got broken into :(:(:(

BeerMonkey

Yep i was having a good night down TJ's in Newport at end of night me, bro and mate walk back to my car to find the passenger window had been smashed!! :mad:

The arsehole took my cd player also found my "face-off" for it in the glovebox. (he left my cd holder which had 25 cds in it *phew* and didnt take my £100+ sunglasses which was also in glove box)

presides that he took my jacket and my scarf :mad::weep:

had to drive home then 10 miles with no passenger window glass on the floor on passenger side and freezing to death in my jumper.

got the insurance company ringing me tomorrow to see what to do next which if i do decide to claim will cost me £250 excess :angry: and i will lose my 3 years no claims bonus.

So wat i prob will end up doing actually is putting my spare cd player in the car...my folks are getting me a new jacket and scarf for b-day (2 weeks) and pay for the window myself.

i hate newport this is the first ive had this happen to me :( i dont like thinking theres someone out there right now with my cd player which i saved for :mad:

*edit* just realised the cd in the cd player was the cd i brought last week "the automatic" new album...THE ****!..i love that album *puts on download lol*

Noooo, Beerdude. :( That's terrible, man.

At least they didn't just steal the car, cos then you would've lost everything.

When you look at it that way, you make a fair point. But it sucks to be broken in to full stop...especially houses.

This is why you can remove the radio face, and why you shouldn't just leave it in the car anyway. Most theives already assume it's in the glovebox, because everyone just puts it in there. You probably could have saved yourself a radio had you not left it in there.

Even so, it sucks to have it broken into, especially with such a hefty excess on the insurance, at least you didn't lose too much though.

This is why you can remove the radio face, and why you shouldn't just leave it in the car anyway. Most theives already assume it's in the glovebox, because everyone just puts it in there. You probably could have saved yourself a radio had you not left it in there.

Even so, it sucks to have it broken into, especially with such a hefty excess on the insurance, at least you didn't lose too much though.

Theyll take the actual unit regardless of if the face plate is in there or not. Unfortunate but true. Good thing Im not crazy mad on music, so Ill only have a really carp one.

Sorry to hear about this Beer Monkey!

Theyll take the actual unit regardless of if the face plate is in there or not. Unfortunate but true. Good thing Im not crazy mad on music, so Ill only have a really carp one.

Sorry to hear about this Beer Monkey!

But isn't it useless without it? If not, what the hell is the point in having a removable face plate?

Unless your insurance companies are complete bastards you'll lose 2 years max off your no claims bonus, not all 3. At the company I work for you might even get away with losing only 1, although TBH with your excess you would probably be better not claiming.

If you think you arent being dealt with properly, expecially if they say you'll lose all 3 years get in touch with the FOS, Financial Ombudsman Service.

Guest Stefkov

Thats bad luck man. I remmeber a while ago, i was with friends playing football. It was at the end, and we were waiting to be picked up. My mates mum came in the place to get us and me being in a new place i wasnt aware of what the hell was going on, but I hear my mates mum's car has been broken in to. I mean she was away from the car for 10 minutes. Both side passenger and driver windows were gone. I couldn't believe it.

Once someone tried to rob the alloy wheels off my Step Dad's company car. It was parked outside our house (and we live in a small hamlet). He didn't manage to take anything. Someone must of startled in.

The only reason we actually knew about it was because the person left the car raised slightly on a portable car-jack thing. (so, we ended up getting a free portable car jack).

edit:

Just remembered. Someone stole the Wheel cap (or whatever they are called) while my Step Dad was watching Rhyl FC...but then, he did make the mistake of parking the car in Rhyl).

But isn't it useless without it? If not, what the hell is the point in having a removable face plate?

Because most of the time people just like breaking shit and stealing shit for kicks, not for real gain.

Oh also, sorry to hear about your car, I would hate for mine to be broken into

I'm sorry to hear, I know what it's like to get your car broken into it happened to me last summer.

I'd parked on a side street for an 8am-4pm shift like I always have before with all the other cars. When I returned a little over 8hrs later in the blazing daylight both my passenger window and little back triangle shaped window had been smashed in. There was nothing of value in the car-I always take my Stereo face with me. But glass was everywhere. To make matters worse I had to drive home and it started to really rain (I'm talking a summer storm of epic size) the inside of my car got soaked, the seats were damp.

Thankfully my excess was only £60, and I didn;t loose any no claims.