NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
BlueStar

Woman dies in attempt to win Wii

Nintendo related deaths... The new black... Lawsuit imminent?

Regardless, it is said that things come in threes, so one more person will die for Nintendo in this current cycle. First the boy being electricuted, now the girl drowning herself, whats next, Reggie gets shot by gangsters while promoting Wii?

Now that's just stupid. They should at least have known that the blood woulod be too thin to bring oxygen to her head. This is stupid.

I don't think it was oxygen poisoning.. it's typically brain swelling.

Many people die on ecstasy because their brain swells too much.

You need to get the salts in you so the body can quickly transfer it to the bladder and expel it.

GCSE science- they should have signed legal disclaimers- which should have been sorted a lawyer who is responsible for checking this shit out.

Only in America.

Damn, that sucks. Blatantly stupid though.

Oh well, at least the first victim is not a beheading as a result Wii Sports Baseball.

They are so fucking stupid. You would obviously die from having that much water.

I don't think it was oxygen poisoning.. it's typically brain swelling.

Many people die on ecstasy because their brain swells too much.

You need to get the salts in you so the body can quickly transfer it to the bladder and expel it.

GCSE science- they should have signed legal disclaimers- which should have been sorted a lawyer who is responsible for checking this shit out.

Only in America.

I think they call that water intoxication now, I remember they kept going on about it this summer cos it was so hot over here, how not to drink too much water and if you do make sure you eat something with the required salts in it too. The brain swells as a side result due to osmosis I think. I think what also happens is the more water you take in, the more water the body gets rid off, but salts like sodium tend to be in excreted fluids. I'm not really sure about it all now that I think about it, but I'd quite like to know.

Nintendo related deaths... The new black... Lawsuit imminent?

Regardless, it is said that things come in threes, so one more person will die for Nintendo in this current cycle. First the boy being electricuted, now the girl drowning herself, whats next, Reggie gets shot by gangsters while promoting Wii?

Silly lolitanze, even if there is any sort of law suit here, it's not gonna be against Nintendo, they are in no way responsible, this is the radio station's fault. Bloody sad that it happened though, the woman was just trying to get her kids a Wii.

Oh my god :( that is awful - and such an idiotic thing for the station to do. Surely someone there should've known it was dangerous!

Bet Nintendo weren't expecting something this stupid when they named the console 'Wii'. Apparently you have to be an utter spastic to work at a radio station.

This was a stupid competition.

Shame though,this person really wanted a Wii but the result was death instead.Shame.

Why didn't they just do who goes to the toilet first loses if anything, not drink more and more until someone gives up. It's really sad she was doing it for her children, I hope they don't feel guilty.

anyway, I believe in natural selection. So all well and good.

Couldnt agree more.....

Cant wait for someone to come up with 'Breathe carbon monoxide to win a PS3'

Saying that I am still pissed off that no-one has introduced 'Celebrity Hiroshima Island' on prime time tv...

I've heard people saying I'm dying for a wee but literally dying for a Wii?

Typical retarded yank - what's next bulimia for a DS Lite?

:laughing:

Thta's awful, she's a mum who was trying to win something nice for her kids. I hope the wankers who set up that competition do time in a really nasty jail.

You can wiii for a wii here and play it on your wii

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/pissoff

anyway, I believe in natural selection. So all well and good.

You should make women play that game when they complain about piss being on the toilet seat. This way they can know how hard it can be to aim.

This was awful. It's really sad because all she wanted to do was win a wii for her kids and now shes died from it. Seems such a tragic death.....

Surely the radio station should have come up with a better idea, and something which wasn't life threatening. Maybe stick to a lottery next time?

This is a terribly tragic story. It was all over the news stations in the US.

TV or radio? Also, who did the reports appear to point blame at, Nintendo or the Radio station who held the comp?

I feel sorry for her kids, I hope they don't find out she was doing it just to win them a Wii, cos whilst they may not understand now, they'll begin feeling responsible as they get older probably, and that is a very heavy burden to carry.

Sign in to follow this