Celebrity Big Brother

KKOB

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More on the bullying....

Threat emails have been sent to Channel 4 against BB housemates

Emails have been sent to Channel 4 containing threats against Celebrity Big Brother housemates, police confirmed.

Hertfordshire Police would not say if the emails were related to the furore surrounding alleged racist comments made by several housemates about Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty.

A spokesman said: "We can confirm Hertfordshire Constabulary have been made aware of two emails that have been received by the television studios that contain unspecified threats against a number of the housemates. Police are currently looking into the e-mails."

Hertfordshire Police also confirmed they have received a complaint about racist behaviour in the house. In total more than 10,000 complaints have been made to industry watchdog Ofcom and Channel 4.

A police spokesman said: "We can confirm Hertfordshire Constabulary received one telephone call complaining about alleged racist behaviour.

"The caller was referred to Ofcom who will be dealing with all complaints of this nature."

The police investigation was announced on the day MP Keith Vaz tabled an Early Day Motion in the House of Commons criticising the treatment of Shetty.

Meanwhile, in a controversial 24 hours for the show, the chief executive of Carphone Warehouse said he is reviewing the firm's sponsorship of Celebrity Big Brother because of alleged racism in the house.

Charles Dunstone told The Times he was in talks with bosses at Channel 4 due to concerns about the treatment of Shetty.

Complaints began to flood in after Jade Goody, her mother Jackiey Budden, Jack Tweed, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara allegedly began bullying the Indian actress.

I can't believe all this racism stuff it is not racism in the slightest.

I've read that Jades mother referred to her as indian when speaking about her that is not racism thats no different than me saying "that black bloke"

Pathetic this country need to get out and smell the roses and stopping claiming racism left right and center

Haden showed me a recent clip with an argument between Shilpa and Jade.

Then, Shilpa, in a moment of brilliance said : "oh yeah, well your claim to fame is this!" (meaning big brother)

Nice one.

I did used to fancy Jo, but now I've gone off her completely. Pretty person, but ugly attitude. I really loathe Jade.

Got a link? I haven't seen that. I'm quite amazed by the amount of controversy and activity this has caused, I expected a number of complaints, but not a record number.

Scuabhood, she reffered to her as Indian as if it was her name, not a description of her. It was something along the lines of 'I'm not giving Indian nothing'. Some housemates have also been mocking her accent and her background, although not always to her face, people are offended that C4 are showing these intolerant attitudes which don't help at all in trying to stamp out racism. There's also the fact that they are practically bullying her, which is also being shown. I'll admit though, I hadn't thought it would become such big news.

What is going on with the racism then? Are them 3 going to get punished or thrown out? Surely they cant get away with it can they?

It's on the news which I'm watching at the moment, and apparently channel 4 have said they aren't going to do anything unless Shilpa complains.

is she Indian? is she infact an Indian citizen? if so what would she like to be called? asian? ethnically challenged? it is bull shit. She is an up her own arse bitch who is getting exactly what she deserves and i would love to see how many complaints are coming from the Asian community.

EDIT: she isn't even a celebrity i have never heard of her, but then that is the same as most CBB. Why is she here anyway if she is so big in india? she wants to make a name for herself here. By god isn't she just.

Got a link? I haven't seen that. I'm quite amazed by the amount of controversy and activity this has caused, I expected a number of complaints, but not a record number.[/Quote]

He sent the link to me over msn yesterday. I'll have a browse to see if I can find it, or I'll just ask him again later to post it here.

who the heck is Shetty

Shilpa Shetty, some rich bollywood actress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shilpa_Shetty

I say that she's rich, but I don't actually have much to support that, I imagine she is if she's a bollywood actress though.

is she Indian? is she infact an Indian citizen? if so what would she like to be called? asian? ethnically challenged? it is bull shit. She is an up her own arse bitch who is getting exactly what she deserves and i would love to see how many complaints are coming from the Asian community.

EDIT: she isn't even a celebrity i have never heard of her, but then that is the same as most CBB. Why is she here anyway if she is so big in india? she wants to make a name for herself here. By god isn't she just.

Shilpa hasn't actually complained about any of it I don't think, she's just soldiering through. She Indian, and I believe she is an Indian citizen, but her name is Shilpa and not 'Indian'. I did actually find the way she was reffered to like that quite offensive, and don't think anybody should be reffered to like it. Have you seen the bit I'm talking about?

As for why is she there, why is anyone there in the house? They got offered money to go into a house for a few weeks, and decided it was a good deal, none of them are doing it for nothing. I hadn't heard of her before she went in either, but it doesn't make her any less of a celebrity. I didn't know who dennis rodman and tracy bingham were when they went in last year either, didn't make them less of a celebrity though.

Muslim Community? You got peeps in indian burning all these stuff on the streets because of this lmao

Its pathetic isn't it they always have to take everything to far and try and make out they are the victim. Its only a matter of time before they all start doing it here like they did over that bloody cartoon

Its pathetic isn't it they always have to take everything to far and try and make out they are the victim. Its only a matter of time before they all start doing it here like they did over that bloody cartoon

You got the wrong of end of the stick mate

There is no racism going on. Talk about blown out of all proportions.

Yes there is bullying but its nothing to do with the colour of her skin. The woman is a stuck up annoying human being end of. I don't her, most of the people I know can't stand her either. So I dread to think of what it must be like to live with her.

Yes the 3 girls are "bullying" her but it's simply cos she annoys the hell out of them. Nothing racist about it.

So they mimicked her accent? so what? if she was white and say from newcastle and they done the jordy accent is that racism?? No they are simply impersonating her. Jeez people need to lighten up.

People forget that Shilpa has also took the piss out of jades accent and took the piss out of Dirk's name. So as they are a different colour to her is that racist ?

This country and the do gooders annoy me so much sometimes.

Anyway Danielle in the red carpet task FTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NlaOlwqJ78

PURE PWNAGE

This is the Jade clip Rummy

Ahhh, brilliant! That's a continuation of the clip I saw on Big Mouth, they cut out the bit where Jade started shouting 'no you shut the fuck up!', but on Big Mouth they didn't show the bit where she said about her claim to fame.

As for whoever mentioned the muslims, where the hell did muslims come into this? Seriously, that's the sort of ignorance I'm talking about what causes problems.

I think mostly this is bullying, but it also has some slightly racist undertones, however Platty raises a good point about mimicking accents. I haven't seen much racism from my point of view, except for bullying which seems to be centered around her race, the point about Jackie calling her 'Indian' however, I still stand by it being completely unacceptable, for anyone.

Ahhh, brilliant! That's a continuation of the clip I saw on Big Mouth, they cut out the bit where Jade started shouting 'no you shut the fuck up!', but on Big Mouth they didn't show the bit where she said about her claim to fame.

As for whoever mentioned the muslims, where the hell did muslims come into this? Seriously, that's the sort of ignorance I'm talking about what causes problems.

I think mostly this is bullying, but it also has some slightly racist undertones, however Platty raises a good point about mimicking accents. I haven't seen much racism from my point of view, except for bullying which seems to be centered around her race, the point about Jackie calling her 'Indian' however, I still stand by it being completely unacceptable, for anyone.

Because people with brown skins are Muslims. This is a well known fact.