Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Spirited Away 5.15pm BBC2

Stocka

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I never got what the fuss was about with this movie. I'm an anime fan, but not into Ghibli that much. There's no doubt it's a cool looking movie but 1) I've seen better anime art and 2) the story is stupid.

Yeah I agree, and with films it's always the story which is the most important aspect for me.

It had a cat in it . . with a suit on . . that used a cane as a weapon. Anime is strange huh?

That's The Cat Returns or Neko No Ongaeshi. It's not a Miyazaki but is from Studio Ghibli. It's not a bad film, but then I don't think any Studio Ghibli films are. My favourite though has to be My Neighbour Totoro, it has the fantasy elements of the likes of Spirited Away and Howls Moving Castle, but also seems quite grounded in reality.

The thing that pissed me off was at the end, were 'Grandma' sent them off and just randomly said "No face you stay here". Like what the fuck, thats like a quickey solution, terrible story telling.

Kinda reminds me of star wars episode III, were the chicks giving birth at the end.

ITS A --- Call him luke!

ITS A --- Call her leila!

Seriously, who decides what they are gonna name their kid the second their fresh out the vagina? And was she expecting twins?

Gah, I hate quick solutions.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!