N-Europe

So whats all the fun and games with 8.8 Great?

dannbrownn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll complain if I want thanks. A game I've been waiting for for 3+ years should have been better than what it is.

I was speaking to all the people complaining about the score. They shouldn't let it bother them. They should just play it themselves and not have some sort of "8.8" stuck in their head while playing.

Meh, just sit down and enjoy it and don't complain. It shouldn't be messing with your judgement of the game when playing it.

You're right, Gamespot's review shouldn't be messing with people's judgement of the game. And for me it hasn't. But there isn't anything wrong with discussing it, is there? This forum is here for discussing anything related to the Wii is it not?

I was speaking to all the people complaining about the score. They shouldn't let it bother them. They should just play it themselves and not have some sort of "8.8" stuck in their head while playing.

You're right, it shouldn't bother them.

But, the fact is, a review score clearly has an influence. One fine example: Red Steel.

That title was one of the most anticipated titles for any Wii owner. When the reviews started coming out, especially the negative reviews, isn't it surprising how many people then turned their back on this game?

How many times in the last month have we heard "well, I was getting Red Steel, but I heard its shit/the controls are shit."

Where have they 'heard' this from? I wonder.

But, the fact is, a review score clearly has an influence. One fine example: Red Steel.

That title was one of the most anticipated titles for any Wii owner. When the reviews started coming out, especially the negative reviews, isn't it surprising how many people then turned their back on this game?

How many times in the last month have we heard "well, I was getting Red Steel, but I heard its shit/the controls are shit."

Yeah i was looking forward to it and then didn't bother getting it due to the amount of mixed reviews - like I said before Red Steel is the Marmite of video games you either love ot or hate it! :santa:

True, but Red Steel isn't Zelda. Zelda will sell to the Nintendo people no matter what it scored. :D But serious, a 8.8 isn't enough to turn people away from a game anyway. If you're some guy who only buys 9.0+ games, then you are silly.

True, but Red Steel isn't Zelda. Zelda will sell to the Nintendo people no matter what it scored. :D

Aye, that's true. :)

I wonder what would really happen if a Zelda title started getting 6's and 7's. At the end of the day, 8.8 is a reasonable score, just not as high as some of us were expecting. But then, what's a .1 or a .2 anyway.

If you're some guy who only buys 9.0+ games, then you are silly.

Yeah, I really don't understand that. Sure, we all want to play the best games, but does every game we play have to be a classic? Some of my favourite games are not considered classics.

Well I agree that it should of scored higher too. I've loved it so far. For me, when I see the score I just think "Meh" that's pretty much it, lol.

There's rarely a review where the reviewer has got it spot on, imo. It's still only one person's opinion.

I've been enjoying the game too much to care. It just...bugs me why so many get wound up about it.

"OMG. Terrible score. Not a 9, so I wont be buying it."

Naaaah.

Not everyone is gonna give X game a high score no matter how good the majority think it is. People are just gonna have to deal with it, and move on. Gamespot gave Rainbow Six Lockdown on PC an 8 out of 10. In my opinion, and in many other's opinions, the game is a piece of shit. Some people just give out weird scores, nothing you can do about it.

The main thing about the "8.8" wasn't the review or the actual score, the whole thing is basically the way OTT reaction from some Zelda fanatics.

Also, It's all opinionated. I don't think TP is worth anywhere near as "low" (even though its high) as 8.8, and I dare not say what I think does deserve that score.

Hello, i like to enjoy humour that only 'gamers' and active forum user gamers really know about, such as the 'Giant Enemy Crab' 'Riiiiidge Racer' and the crazyness that is the 'Sony Defence Force'

i've herd these a million times but i guess i missed the explanation. (joined up just to late)

so what are these jokes about.