N-Europe

Opera Trial Channel Impressions

taiomi

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

I'm just laughing when I read posts now. you can see who have done it from theirs Wii. What with having .com at the end of some posts because of the predicted spelling on '.'

My bro said to try the Pan's Labrynth website as that is heavy with flash etc.

If anyone wants to try out that see if that works?

I'm just laughing when I read posts now. you can see who have done it from theirs Wii. What with having .com at the end of some posts because of the predicted spelling on '.'

My bro said to try the Pan's Labrynth website as that is heavy with flash etc.

If anyone wants to try out that see if that works?

What predictive spelling.com

Guest Stefkov
What predictive spelling.com

haha. predictive spelling is those words that pop up, i think. When you start typing on the Wii, words will popup above the tryping board. So it saves you typing the whole word if its there. Its also on the Wii message board I was wondering what the arrow was above the backspace, press it ans it turns red. This is also predicted spelling.

haha. predictive spelling is those words that pop up, i think. When you start typing on the Wii, words will popup above the tryping board. So it saves you typing the whole word if its there. Its also on the Wii message board I was wondering what the arrow was above the backspace, press it ans it turns red. This is also predicted spelling.

My previous sentence was for the purposes of sarcasm. :p

what happened with viewing Youtube on the Wii?

When i downloaded the Interbet Channel this morning I was able to watch videos on Youtube, when I got home from work it don't work anymore.

Says "Java may be turned off, or don't have the latest flash player" or something like that.

What happened between this morning and this afternoon?

The Opera browser on Wii does support playback of movies on Youtube. Youtube seems to have broken something tonight, however, blocking Wii users. We will investigate and contact them about it.

–

Wilhelm

Opera QA (Wii)

Hi, I work at YouTube as a product manager. I also bought a Wii two weeks ago!

Today I ran the browser and it worked fine for YT videos for about 10 minutes. Then the links stopped clicking through or sporadically worked. After that the pages came up with the error about javascript or an old version of flash. I have asked the team here about the error since I have seen it here or there on various browsers. Hopefully someone knows what causes it and it will be a quick browser or server fix. It seems to be a detection problem when we do the check on whether the flash player is available. Why this would change after some minutes of running is beyond me.

More news as I have it!

Source: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=167137

Fingers crossed.

I'm pretty impressed with the browser so far, don't reckon it'll replace my PC anytime soon but it's cool to have nonetheless.

Main gripe is that it isn’t full screen, (what's up with that!?) and that 20% of the screen is taken up with a big toolbar, they should really make that auto-hide once you move the Wii Remote off it.

I want Dailymotion to work, and so far it's just failed to load any videos.

I'll only ever use the browser when I can't be bothered to get out of bed in the morning. So I can do my internets stuff (checking message boards etc) wrapped up warm in bed without even having to get out to turn the console or the tv on.

Apart from that, it's functional, and loading is a lot better than I expected.

Having the browser randomly chuck my back to the home page is annoying, but that seems to be with the browser having problems with certain sites.

I want Dailymotion to work, and so far it's just failed to load any videos.

I'll only ever use the browser when I can't be bothered to get out of bed in the morning. So I can do my internets stuff (checking message boards etc) wrapped up warm in bed without even having to get out to turn the console or the tv on.

Apart from that, it's functional, and loading is a lot better than I expected.

Having the browser randomly chuck my back to the home page is annoying, but that seems to be with the browser having problems with certain sites.

yeah daily motion is strange one. i've had it working fine all day but now it won't!

yay Youtube videos are working again

Watching my own Video logs on the TV is so cool and weird at the same time.

HAHA, finally i'm on TV, hahaha

it's quite cool, though it's not gonna take too much time away from my laptop.

I think it'll be mostly used for times when i wanna check something online (this site or youtube) without having to turn on the laptop.

Or if there's nothing on TV and again too lazy to turn on laptop just grab Wii mote go to internet channel then watch Youtube videos on TV, haha

So far I'm pretty impressed, although I'd like to see at least some of the following:

* Better scrolling. I.e. using the d-pad and/or pressing A and B to drag the page around.

* Clipboard. Copy and Paste.

* Tabs.

* Maybe they could use the nunchuk for something, I.e. instead of having to go to the start page and having to click WWW to type an address, just press Z or C.

Does the 2 button remove CSS?

BTW....

http://www.meanmachinesmag.co.uk/wii/ has reviews for all released and announced virtual console games. The greatest part is that if you open it with Wii's Opera, you will be redirected* into Wii optimized version. You can even read the text without zooming. :)

* Wii users can be easily recognized by their http_user_agent which clearly states what platform and browser they are using.

Guest Stefkov

I went on albinoblacksheep and that worked fine. One game didnt work on Wiicade.com but its a crappy game anyway.

Spank the Monkey on Wii FTW.

I watched the episode Make love, not warcraft on my wii earlier. Apart from it eing so funny, it worked a treat, now I wish I had wireless internet so my pc doesnt have to be for me to access it.

Guest Stefkov

Sorry to post again so soon after my other post, but I had to try something and post.

Line Rider doesnt work. On each one I tried There is just a white screen with a very small and wierdly places black line. That all, I waited a few moments nothing happened.

They cant have asked Opera to allow poeple to not be able to use it could they?

If we could get on then this is another reason why making a ame out of it is the worst idea I've ever heard.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!