N-Europe

Starship Troopers - 9pm - Channel 5

Charlie

I saw this advertised the other week and was hoping to watch it, but Im gonna get me Chrimbo shopping under way tonight. I was aiming to do a quick two hour stint, from six to eight, up the town and be in for the conclusion of Hogfather. So if I overrun the eight pm target... then Hogfather gets watched on multistart... then its over even later than 22:00 and theres even less of Starship Troopers to be watched.

A great old film though. The bit with the cow is the stuff of film lore :bouncy:

I have it on DVD at home. One of my favorite films. The whole insect fight and the critics about the army with the FedNet interruptions, the soundtrack, the Ironside, the over the top violence - such a great film.

I also read the book and it's very different actually. The film is a lot more provocative actually and the storylines of film and book don't really have much in common. You could say they are both set in the same universe and that's it.

But whatever "C'mon you apes, you wanna live forever?"

The second is an awful, awful film. I gave it a rental a few years ago and I seem to remember some (hot) woman being infested by a new type of "controlling" bug, who kills the soldiers in some random outpost one by one. The film seemed to have been done on a budget of a bag of chocolate coins, so there are no epic battles against the bugs.

Guest Stefkov

This film was so awesome. I loved how it panned out and there were just masses of bugs.

Made me laugh when those little kids were stamping on bugs, and it had text saying do your part.

my god, Denise should get arrested for being that hot.

Oh yeah, and I know a nice place where to arrest her. :santa:

Also never watched Starship Troopers 2. I actually had the opportunity but I didn't want to because I heard bad critics and I didn't want it to ruin the first film in my memory.

So it's only the awesome Starship Troopers and no shallow sequel.

Ok so I have watched starship troopers 2... it was ok, no where near as good as the first.

One thing I did notice tho.. the female sergeant is played by the same actress who was the captain of the roger young in the first film. If it's not her then blimey it's her twin sister!!

Whats that all about eh ?