NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
arab_freak

"Lil Chris"

I can't help but think you're missing the point of bands such The Libertines. They are meant consist of short, sharp chaotic songs. They are meant to be musically uneducated. Why? Because imagine a musical landscape where every song is perfectly constructed and has a 10 minute note perfect guitar solo. It would quickly become an extremely predictable, pretentious and coma inducing world. You need an alternative, an antidote, which is where bands like The Libertines, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols etc. etc. step in. You need those short bursts of energy, the randomness and the chaos.

Energy, randomness and chaos? Look no further than Nirvana, Foo Fighters etc, not towards shit, pretentious indie. Libertines are so musically unsound, that I wouldn't call it music, there's no coherent melody, just pretentious pseudo art noise.

I don't like the ramones, it's exactly the same song a thousand times over and the sex pistols are alright sometimes, but you're missing the point of what I'm saying, still, I won't go on to emphasise this here, because that's not the point of the thread.

Aaany who, the Libertines suck for very many reasons, first being their woeful inability to actually play their instruments, the second being their lack of a sense of how to construct a proper song. Thirdly being the fact that they can't string together a decent melody for shit, and there you have it; A band for simpletons, consisting of simpletons.

You crack me up, You have just listed the reasons why so many people love the libertines for their careless attitude, their shambolic performances, For the questionable guitar playing, missing notes, for the strange lyrics etc etc

Thats why I love them. They brought back what was missing in British music and it's a shame so many bands have now jumped on the bandwagon and are now trying to follow in their footsteps.

I just think you are totally missing the point of bands like them and what they stood for and why people like what they created and still listen to them now.

Anyway I cant be bothered with you anymore The bard, you never seem to listen and always insist that your tunnel vision views are correct and just cant seem to understand people have different tastes.

Back to Lil Chris....cheeckkin it ouuuttt. :hmm:

Yeah, but the first thing people will associate him with is this.

Look at Vanilla Ice. He's currently the lead singer in a rock band, yet hardly anyone recognizes him. He still raps, but not as often as he used to.

So you're saying you like them because they're shit at what they do? I don't care what they "stand for" and whatever artistic message they may be touting, all I care about is if the music is a pleasure to listen to and think about, and it's not.

Look at Vanilla Ice. He's currently the lead singer in a rock band, yet hardly anyone recognizes him. He still raps, but not as often as he used to.

You make a good point there.

Maybe there is hope for him after all. Hehe. :heh:

And guys, if there is a desperate need for a libertines discussion, create another thread for it. Otherwise, shaaaat eeeett!

all I care about is if the music is a pleasure to listen to and think about, and it's not.

Well I think it is. End.

So you're saying you like them because they're shit at what they do? I don't care what they "stand for" and whatever artistic message they may be touting, all I care about is if the music is a pleasure to listen to and think about, and it's not.

Theyre blatantly not shit at what they do , because a lot of people like them (not me tho :p cant stand em). I dont listen to music for its musical quality, it doesnt all have to be "genius" writing, as long as u feel it you feel it, and people who just moan about that shit should quiet down and let them listen to it. You cant change peoples opinions!

There is no such thing as having a bad taste in music. Everyone is unique, and so is everyone's musical ear. I realize my first post in this topic contradicts this statement, but I was just pissed off. Seriously, there will always be people who like (or love) lil' Chris, so we really don't have any reason to hate him.

There is no such thing as having a bad taste in music. Everyone is unique, and so is everyone's musical ear. I realize my first post in this topic contradicts this statement, but I was just pissed off. Seriously, there will always be people who like (or love) lil' Chris, so we really don't have any reason to hate him.

clearly the people who like 50 cent have a bad taste.i don't care what you say.it doesn't have to be genius but at least it has to be 'music'

Kindof agree with the Bard, apart from the Franz Ferdinand comment, but thats for another discussion.

I dont really care if theres shit acts out there aslong as they dont get any radio play (no chance of me listening to it on Radio 2 though)

Lil Chris has done well for himself you cant deny that (signed by Sony BMG? wtf!?!?!) but yeah everything that comes out of his mouth is absolute crud.

He does a load of charity work though, kudos to him (his marketing ploy) for that anyway

he was pretty cool on "rock school" but my god does his songs suck really hope it doesnt do well in cd sales

if he gains weight - fat' chris

older - chris rock ;)

You need an alternative, an antidote, which is where bands like The Libertines, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols etc. etc. step in. You need those short bursts of energy, the randomness and the chaos.

The Libertines aren't worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as The Ramones. Doherty apparently forgot that you need more than just a smack habit to be a rock star, you need to be able to write good music as well.

Fuck you guys!

The one with the CH-CH-CH-CHECKING IT OUT OH WOAH OH

Yeah. That's a tune.

Lil' Chris is an immortal twot with an a, who isn't immortal, so just a massive twot with an a.

How can you be saying such things about the Libertines you fool.

Must have something to do with the insane amount of goat cock the blow. pictorial evidence coming soon.

Seriously? What's the band called, I wish to check it out.

I actually kind of like Lil' Chris's sound, I don't see why everyone here seems to hate him so passionately. Also, this is a thread about Lil' Chris, not other bands, why does The Bard keep trying to derail it?

As for Lil Chris, leave him alone. Some little girls like him and if you dont like him then simply dont go to his website or buy his album.... not hard is it?

He'll have a growth spurt and end up 7 feet tall, and which point the name will be ironic enough to keep :p

My music is better than your music.

No, my music is better than your music.

(The Bard - grow up, for Christ's sake. If you're so narrow minded that you can't respect the opinions and tastes of others, then you shouldn't even be posting on a public forum.)

what happened to the days when music meant something, and wasn't just produced to create money. Lil Chris is everything that is wrong with music today and TBH I hope he fails miserably.

Oh and it's not helped by the fact he's prepubescent ****.

Just when the frosties kid starts to fade away, we wish death upon another child.

The world is so fucking awesome.

As much as I think bard should learn to bite his tongue, I agree with him in every way. Having spent many hours a day, for the last 10 years perfecting my ability to play an instrument, you become quite pissed off when you see losers like this with no talent making it.

It's not about skill with an instrument; it's about expression.

Look at Syd Barrett. He was far from the world's greatest guitarist - technically speaking, he wasn't very good at all. But he created new, clever ways of expressing himself with his instrument, and that's one of the reasons why people still listen to him today.

I'd like to point out that this argument stands for all musicians, and not just Lil' Chris. I haven't listened to enough of his music to give a valid opinion, although I don't particularly like his voice.

Whats this shit fucking up the rest of my earing?! And the background pattern makes you go blind too! Fucking Combo!

Sign in to follow this