N-Europe

"Lil Chris"

arab_freak

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His advert should be stopped by trading standards.

Firstly it has a volume warning, something about loud music.. What? Lil' Chris.. loud music?

Secondly it labels him a Giant of Rock.. What the fuck, the guy is struggling to find a pube let alone a record sale.

His advert should be stopped by trading standards.

Firstly it has a volume warning, something about loud music.. What? Lil' Chris.. loud music?

Secondly it labels him a Giant of Rock.. What the fuck, the guy is struggling to find a pube let alone a record sale.

haha, man i laughed so hard at that.

Come on. We're not having another thread like this go woefully off topic.

As for this Lil Chris, I do feel a little sorry for him. He's going to have his 5 minutes or so, and then that'll pretty much taint his career in music, if he ever decides to pursue it further.

I mean, that name. Lil Chris? What's going to happen when he's older? :hmm:

I think it's great the way some people think they can sponge off the general public's stupidity. It's an art in itself, one that countless bands (The Libertines and Franz Ferdinand come to mind immediately) have made a living on.

How can you be saying such things about the Libertines you fool.

Don't get me started.

As for Lil Chris, leave him alone. Some little girls like him and if you dont like him then simply dont go to his website or buy his album.... not hard is it?

oh, god. not this again. Bard posts something he knows will annoy everyone on account of his fantasy metal tastes and then we all pile in and before you know it, we're actually talking about a band called Dragonforce for fucks sake.

hahaha

lil chris sucks.

Come on. We're not having another thread like this go woefully off topic.

As for this Lil Chris, I do feel a little sorry for him. He's going to have his 5 minutes or so, and then that'll pretty much taint his career in music, if he ever decides to pursue it further.

It'll probably be similar to "'lil Bow Wow". He'll just remove the 'lil and join a band.

I guess he'll just be known as Chris, not quite as interesting.

Seems to be just an updating of the Jackson Five/Osmonds formula. However where as some of the Jackson Fives and the Osmonds music can be listenable and quite fun in a cheesy way, this is just cringe worthy.

oh, god. not this again. Bard posts something he knows will annoy everyone on account of his fantasy metal tastes and then we all pile in and before you know it, we're actually talking about a band called Dragonforce for fucks sake.

I'm not into "fantasy metal" as you call it, and I'm not even a big fan of Dragonforce, even though they do put on an awesome live show. Still, all I've ever seen you do is judge a band on their name, without giving any real reason for it. Aaany who, the Libertines suck for very many reasons, first being their woeful inability to actually play their instruments, the second being their lack of a sense of how to construct a proper song. Thirdly being the fact that they can't string together a decent melody for shit, and there you have it; A band for simpletons, consisting of simpletons.

Anyway, the topic at hand; er...I think it's all already been said tbh.

I'm not into "fantasy metal" as you call it, and I'm not even a big fan of Dragonforce, even though they do put on an awesome live show. Still, all I've ever seen you do is judge a band on their name, without giving any real reason for it. Aaany who, the Libertines suck for very many reasons, first being their woeful inability to actually play their instruments, the second being their lack of a sense of how to construct a proper song. Thirdly being the fact that they can't string together a decent melody for shit, and there you have it; A band for simpletons, consisting of simpletons.

Anyway, the topic at hand; er...I think it's all already been said tbh.

I can't help but think you're missing the point of bands such The Libertines. They are meant consist of short, sharp chaotic songs. They are meant to be musically uneducated. Why? Because imagine a musical landscape where every song is perfectly constructed and has a 10 minute note perfect guitar solo. It would quickly become an extremely predictable, pretentious and coma inducing world. You need an alternative, an antidote, which is where bands like The Libertines, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols etc. etc. step in. You need those short bursts of energy, the randomness and the chaos.