NEurope
Mokong

WiiPlay and Extra Wiimotes AWOL?

Right, Gamestation this morning seemed to have a lot of Wii Plays (a lot = more than one, no idea how many), but not a single stand-alone remote - they said I should come back on Sunday for them. Ended up buying two Wii Plays by accident because I thought one of them was only the controller. Was a bit frantic, but I guess that's the best way of getting a controller, and a 5£ "early delivery charge" isn't too bad either :)

My Gamestation also said that their shipment was stuck in a container in Dover - it looks like Gamestation's entire batch is held up, but that only seems to affect this particular chain. They said they might be getting their Wii Plays today, but don't have a clue about the individual remotes.

Anyone heard of component cables and RGB cables? There weren't even mentioned at the launches I was at, and I consequently forgot about them. Didn't see them either.

Hey Mokong, sorry to hear about that. I managed to pick up WiiPlay and an extra Nunchuk from GAME's midnight launch in Dublin. There were spare Wiimotes there too. I did overhear the manager saying that they were running out of accessories at 1am after only 60 people had been in the shop....:/

There was a fair few copies of Wii Play still on sale this morning in GAME, no nunchucks though. I was the fourth customer this morning, wasn't taking any chances :)

I went into GAME and picked everything up off the shelf today, didn't seem like any shortages at all. I got my Nunchuk from WHSmiths though because they had it for £14.99 whereas GAME wanted £17.99 and the guy said they don't price match on launch.

I've seen them in several shops and I managed to get a copy as well. BTW have you noticed that the wrist strap on the wiimote with Wii Play is thicker than the one packed with the console?

those dastards said they aren't expecting WiiPlay till after Xmas, and me like a tool asumed this would be everywhere in europe, they just said that to try get me to buy something else...and i did, i got wii points and a classic controler instead of WiiPlay

I saw plenty of Wii Plays in Woolworths in Torquay town centre. :)

Bought two. :p

I'll keep both Wiimotes and maybe I'll give the second Wii Play (and its stars) to a friend of mine.

those dastards said they aren't expecting WiiPlay till after Xmas, and me like a tool asumed this would be everywhere in europe, they just said that to try get me to buy something else...and i did, i got wii points and a classic controler instead of WiiPlay
There weren't wii play's available here either, or rather... there was like... a Wiiplay for each 30 consoles or so, wiimotes (without wiiplay) were reportedly even more scarse, the place where I bought didn't even recieve one of those, thus... no 2nd controller for me.

Yea, there were loads of Wii Plays. Nunchucks, Games going for chips but no blasted COMPONENT CABLE

Yea, there were loads of Wii Plays. Nunchucks, Games going for chips but no blasted COMPONENT CABLE
and no frickin RGB for me :(

Zelda TP would benefit a lot from it.

My Wii Play and other games are arriving Monday/Tuesday..

I'm going out tomorrow to hunt for a Wiimote.

Tell you what was bizarre.

I mentioned in the Wow Wii Moments thread about my legendary dad right, well he told me this story after he shown me the Wii.

Apparently, the guy who works in Game said to him that he would need to buy an extra remote, as the one in the actual Wii box did not have the connector slot for the Nunchuck.

Bizarre.

Surely no one could be that stupid, so I'm guessing it was a ploy to make him buy more stuff.

Ahhh well, I'm not complaining, I've got an extra remote and WiiPlay :D

Just thought this was relevant as its the WiiPlay and Extra Remotes thread, and I have an unwanted WiiPlay and Remote.

YOUR'RE NOT HAVING IT THOUGH.

Oh I am a tease.

and no frickin RGB for me :(

Zelda TP would benefit a lot from it.

Whats the diffrence between S-video and RGB?

Whats the diffrence between S-video and RGB?

RGB has better image quality.

(Knowledge stolen from the Video Displays Explained thread)

I actually didn't want Wiiplay but a second Wiimote. However there were no Wiimotes in stock so I thought it wouldn't hurt if I got the Wiimote with Wiiplay.

Gamestation at Stirling were meant to get WiiPlay by 12 today, it wasn't there at 12:30 and they didn't phone me this afternoon...

how many wii's you get in? just wondered used to work for whsmith myself, for 4 years around the time of the cube launch.

I think I read on our intranet that we had an allocation of 6, tho I don't know if this was for the initial shipment (i.e. for yesterday) or to cover all of the pre-orders. All I know is that I had the dubious pleasure of ringing the customers up that wouldn't be getting their Wiis until next week! The Jersey store were getting 40 in I think! :shock: I wish my store got 40 in... *sigh*

Loads of Wii Play in Plymouth today, went down there to see if I could snag a rogue Wii. I was unsucessful, but bought Wii Play as the consolation prize.

I think there is a new shipment in cos HMV called me earlier that saying my Wii was ready to pick up! (I actually gave the pre-order to my sister and want to the HMV lauch!!) So if they have new Wiis in they probably have at least a couple WiiPlays...I got mine a the launch!!!

Well, tesco in coventry had NO wii play's whatsoever. and no extra remotes.. Gutted.. no multiplayer for a while.. *sigh*

Is Wii play the only way to get an extra remote still? Cos I've already got it and I really want another 2 controllers.

Is Wii play the only way to get an extra remote still? Cos I've already got it and I really want another 2 controllers.

Buy 2 wiiplay's and sell the Game it self on ebay for £5 each. That way you pay the same price for the wiimote as if buying it on it's own + you made someone who wanted the game cheap but no wiimote really happy!

I just bought a wii play package with the extra controller from woolworths. There seems to be 4-5 left, i couldn't really tell because they had them on the top shelf behind the till and they weren't side by side.